ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In memory of Tim (seersuckersuit)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Clintoon Flails At Mike Wallace's Punk Kid Pt. 2 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
27th September 2006 02:03 PM
pdog
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Interesting

I like the indians...as a people they seem good to me...Bush's cooperation with their energy program will prove to be a stroke of genius as the next 50 years unfold

Actually it was Clinton he lead the way in India's energy program and it is Bush who has led the way in outsourcing US tech jobs to India.
That's fact, and i don't give a fuck about eithers claim of accomplishment or not, since I'm an American, not a dem or pub.
27th September 2006 02:05 PM
Maxlugar
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

I answered your question. You answered my questions with a question...not answers. If you can't answer the questions that I raised, just say, like, I don't know or something. That's what I do.

Um, no I stated back a few posts ago why I say we should work with him and asked a question (of Moonie) why we shouldn't. You gave me an answer. Thanks! I disagree. It's that simple.
27th September 2006 02:08 PM
pdog
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Ok...now y'all are just getting retarded...it's best I let you figure out why on your own

Why does it bother you that this is true. As an American, I find this to be a good thing.
Why does our patriotism end at party lines.
Why are republicans only capable of fighting terror, and Democrats the cause of it.
America was attacked... clinton held weekly terror briefings...
How many briefing on terror were held by Bush prior to Sept. 11th...? Zero!
And the attacks, were not his fault. I'm not blaming him, or Clinton, and to do so in lame and IMO Unpatriotic. It minmalizes the attacks and does nothing to prevent another.
Can't we see that?
27th September 2006 02:12 PM
Maxlugar [quote]pdog wrote:
I never said we shouldn't work with him or he should be overthrown. Removing him, would destabilize the region, and allow radical groups an oppurtunity to take over. Your own words. It would be foolish to overthow him, yet removing Saddam was a smart move?
I must be too stupid. I had no idea one was different from the other.

Saddam threatned us repeatedly. Mushroom-scarf didn't. Did you miss all those Saddam quotes I posted? I'll go get them again, if need be. It's fun and enlightening. If you and other choose to BELIEVE he wasn't threatening us then so be it..

If you show me where I said Mushroomhead should be removed, I'll shut the fuck up, I never said it.

Did I say you said it?...that post was to Moonie!

[Edited by Maxlugar]
27th September 2006 02:14 PM
glencar
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Ok...now y'all are just getting retarded...it's best I let you figure out why on your own

Really man, it's like a dumbass mantra with some of these cowgirls!
27th September 2006 02:14 PM
pdog
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
[quote]pdog wrote:
I never said we shouldn't work with him or he should be overthrown. Removing him, would destabilize the region, and allow radical groups an oppurtunity to take over. Your own words. It would be foolish to overthow him, yet removing Saddam was a smart move?
I must be too stupid. I had no idea one was different from the other.

Saddam threatned us repeatedly. Mushroom-scarf didn't. Did you miss all those Saddam quotes I posted? I'll go get them again, if need be. It's fun and enlightening. If you and other choose to BELIEVE he wasn't threatening us then so be it..

If you show me where I said Mushroomhead should be removed, I'll shut the fuck up, I never said it.

Did I say you said it?...that post was to Moonie!

[Edited by Maxlugar]

The truce with Taliban warlords in Pakistan threatens US national security...
agree or disagree?
27th September 2006 02:15 PM
jb Clinton has energized us and we are seeing what we can do by facinbg down the righties/Fox News...We are on a victory march that cannot be stopped!!!
27th September 2006 02:17 PM
glencar If the righties on FOX news are what you are threatened by, you are in the wrong war.
27th September 2006 02:20 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:
Clinton has energized us and we are seeing what we can do by facinbg down the righties/Fox News...We are on a victory march that cannot be stopped!!!

All he did was act like them. He talking on thier level, Hannity and O'Reilly style, that is why they were threatened. They chose to respond to his anger, not the actual subject of his statemnts.
Which is simple. He left the new admin. a plan on teror, and they said he didn't. They said all they left them were some ideas, and some actionable ideas.
Semantics.
I think that is what educated people call a plan.
Pre-9/11, we didn't know. Let's move on. Where is Bin laden? Oh snap... He's in pakistan. Let's go get him. oops we can't, they won't let us, they justsigned a truce with taliban warlors in the region. Let's have dinner with the President of Pakistan instead!
27th September 2006 02:20 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
pdog wrote:

Actually it was Clinton he lead the way in India's energy program and it is Bush who has led the way in outsourcing US tech jobs to India.

Wait...Clinton pushed through the India nuclear energy accord?...when?...where was I?..Are you making this up?...I mean I know Clinton talked about it...but then again, so did Carter and Reagan...but Clinton actually made it happen?...no shit?...goddamn news fucked that all up I guess

Your predisposition to Bush bashing is starting to make you look less than informed

27th September 2006 02:21 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
If the righties on FOX news are what you are threatened by, you are in the wrong war.

I live in fear of Brit hume...LOL!
Why does he talk like he hads a mouthful of mashed potatoes?
27th September 2006 02:22 PM
Maxlugar
quote:
pdog wrote:

agree or disagree?

Agree, if this realy is true truce. I don't know the details of this one. I'm too busy posting lately.
27th September 2006 02:22 PM
Sir Stonesalot I have said all along Pdog, that until the prevailing parties start putting what is best for the country in front of what is best for the party, we will all be fucked.

I think it's pretty safe to say that the United States has not been so politically divided since the 1860s.

Party leadership on BOTH sides cares only about getting and keeping power. And since that leadership is weak and feeble, they can't run on a platform of IDEAS. Instead they attack the other side. Look at Rick Santorum. The dude CAN'T run on issues or he will get squashed. So he goes negative and runs a dirty campaign.

It is to the point where "moderate" is a dirty word. And that is sad.

When someone from one party comes up with a reasonable idea...the other party will shoot it down simply because it wasn't THEIR idea.

It's sickening. And it is the main reason why I still refuse to join either party.
27th September 2006 02:25 PM
pdog
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Wait...Clinton pushed through the India nuclear energy accord?...when?...where was I?..Are you making this up?...I mean I know Clinton talked about it...but then again, so did Carter and Reagan...but Clinton actually made it happen?...no shit?...goddamn news fucked that all up I guess

Your predisposition to Bush bashing is starting to make you look less than informed

I'm more informed than Bush, but less informed than you!
I never claimed to have all the info.
My gripe is with what happened in OUR White house yesterday.
Yuo did prove me wrong, I said clinton lead the way, too much too soon. Many people lead the way, and no party can take credit. It was an American innitiative.
There was nothing but truthiness is the exporting of jobs to India and this current admin.
I've repeatedyl not blamed 9/11 solely on Bush. i've blamed it on US failures of intel. all aronud. Which is huge. Calling me a Bush basher is a joke, I just gave him a pass on the worst terror attack in the history of the world.
27th September 2006 02:25 PM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:

All he did was act like them. He talking on thier level, Hannity and O'Reilly style, that is why they were threatened. They chose to respond to his anger, not the actual subject of his statemnts.
Which is simple. He left the new admin. a plan on teror, and they said he didn't. They said all they left them were some ideas, and some actionable ideas.
Semantics.
I think that is what educated people call a plan.
Pre-9/11, we didn't know. Let's move on. Where is Bin laden? Oh snap... He's in pakistan. Let's go get him. oops we can't, they won't let us, they justsigned a truce with taliban warlors in the region. Let's have dinner with the President of Pakistan instead!

For what it's worth, Rush Limbaugh has apparently decimated Bubba's claims. The finger wagging was the first clue that he was LYING.
27th September 2006 02:28 PM
glencar
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I have said all along Pdog, that until the prevailing parties start putting what is best for the country in front of what is best for the party, we will all be fucked.

I think it's pretty safe to say that the United States has not been so politically divided since the 1860s.

It's been divided sharply before. This just seems bad because until recently the Dems always had large majorities in at least one House of Congress & they always had the MSM in their pocket. It's more evenly divided these days. Even though the GOP controls gov't, MSM still holds sway in most stories.
27th September 2006 02:28 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
pdog wrote:

Why does it bother you that this is true. As an American, I find this to be a good thing.

What was true about the statement Pdog?...I mean the whole premise that Clinton did more to Bin Laden is preposterous...and I'm not faulting Clinton...it was a different world...as Condi said from the get go...we were not on a war footing at that time

But for you to keep squawking that Clinton did more to Bin Laden is about as wrong as wrong gets...ain't even close to being right...where is Bin Laden?...How many of his henchman have been caught or killed?...how many have been sent to Gitmo...how many of any of that was Clinton's doing?

I think you just like to hear yourself talk...you have some misguided point and you're just going to keep on repeating it until some fart pats you on the back...what you're saying is making little sense
27th September 2006 02:29 PM
Maxlugar
quote:
glencar wrote:
The finger wagging was the first clue that he was LYING.

Yeah and the lips moving.
27th September 2006 02:30 PM
monkey_man And now for something completely different. . . .

27th September 2006 02:33 PM
Maxlugar
quote:
monkey_man wrote:
And now for something completely different. . . .

NO FRIGGIN' WAY!!! That was a wild Orca too! Those people are lucky they aint whale poops right now.
27th September 2006 02:36 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
pdog wrote:

Calling me a Bush basher is a joke, I just gave him a pass on the worst terror attack in the history of the world.

The fact that you, in your mind, feel like you gave Bush "a pass" on 9/11 tells me all I need to know about where you're coming from on this issue...you've made it quite clear that you feel like Clinton did ALL he could do

My opinion, as I said...there was no war footing...I've never really sincerely faulted Clinton for 9/11...I can't fault him any more than I can fault Bush or his predecessors...there were many successive adminsitrations who failed to take this threat seriously...they all failed...but what I can tell you is that I believe this current admin is taking the threat seriously and that there are people seeking power who think the threat will go away if they just stop talking about it...and I beleive one of those persons to be Clinton's wife...so take that for what it's worth
27th September 2006 02:36 PM
glencar Does Hilly swim underwater now? Lord, it's a miracle!
27th September 2006 02:37 PM
jb It's silly to say who did worse...both f----d up. Bottom line, no one really understood or appreciated a very apparent threat.
27th September 2006 02:37 PM
Sir Stonesalot Blah blah blah.

I think we can all agree on THIS!

[Edited by Sir Stonesalot]
27th September 2006 02:38 PM
pdog
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

What was true about the statement Pdog?...I mean the whole premise that Clinton did more to Bin Laden is preposterous...and I'm not faulting Clinton...it was a different world...as Condi said from the get go...we were not on a war footing at that time

But for you to keep squawking that Clinton did more to Bin Laden is about as wrong as wrong gets...ain't even close to being right...where is Bin Laden?...How many of his henchman have been caught or killed?...how many have been sent to Gitmo...how many of any of that was Clinton's doing?

I think you just like to hear yourself talk...you have some misguided point and you're just going to keep on repeating it until some fart pats you on the back...what you're saying is making little sense

The answer is in a question. how amny briefing were held by Bush concernig terorrist threats? answer is zero. clinton held daily briefings. All this pre-9/11...
Everything you are talking about after that is post 9/11, and isn't what I was talknig about. I'm broadennig the it. I was very direct about a a specific thing.
This is like you saying I wanted Musharraf overthrown, i never said that, you did, Maxy has mentioned, and it's been a topic, and it has been talked about in rhetorical questions in this thread.
Just like gitmo and other stuff youm entioned, how do they apply to pre-sept. 11th intel and briefings.
and your last paragraph, is insulting, I've not said one insulting thing to anyone who disagrees with me.
I'll ask a very simple question.
Do oyu think pakistans truce with Taliban warlords operatin in Pakistan threatens US national security.
Yes or no, agree or disagree.
hopefully we can keep this a friendly disagreement...
I'm really not in the mood to put anyone down just b/c they see this different from me, especially people I call friends!
27th September 2006 02:38 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
pdog wrote:

agree or disagree?

Agree...with a caveat...Pervez laying down the hammer on the taliban and the warlords in Pakistan and inciting an islamic revolution in that country poses a greater threat to US and world security

Not so easy being president is it?
27th September 2006 02:39 PM
glencar
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Blah blah blah.

I think we can all agree on THIS!

Jennifer Aniston pre-friends?
27th September 2006 02:39 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
pdog wrote:

I live in fear of Brit hume...LOL!
Why does he talk like he hads a mouthful of mashed potatoes?

I like that guy...he's old school...one of the last ugly anchorman alive
27th September 2006 02:40 PM
monkey_man
quote:
glencar wrote:
Does Hilly swim underwater now? Lord, it's a miracle!

I knew someone would take it there. . .I was gonna go with Rosie but I figured Hilly was coming!
27th September 2006 02:42 PM
Maxlugar I now find myself scrolling past words and stopping on hot chicks, and you?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)