ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In memory of Tim (seersuckersuit)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Clintoon Flails At Mike Wallace's Punk Kid Pt. 2 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
28th September 2006 04:54 PM
glencar Yes but I loved Romper Room with that Magic Mirror.
28th September 2006 04:57 PM
rasputin56 Miss Sally was hot.
28th September 2006 04:57 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
Yes but I loved Romper Room with that Magic Mirror.

I see Blue, and Pdog and ...

We had a show out of Philly caled Capt. Noah, showed Gumby cartoons... Did that air in NY area?
Where I lived we got Philly and NY channels, very cool. I know who Uncle floyd is and I saw Mike Schmidt play his entire career...
28th September 2006 04:59 PM
glencar http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0190196/
28th September 2006 05:00 PM
glencar I remember watching Gumby but I don't know about Capt. Noah. I remember my Mom watching Jack Lalannne & that guy still impresses the hell out of me.
28th September 2006 05:11 PM
pdog Captain Noah and His Magical Ark, produced by the Philadelphia Council of Churches, starred W. Carter Merbreier and his wife "Mrs. Noah," airing from 1970 until 1994. The theme song was, I Can Sing a Rainbow. Captain Noah was syndicated on 22 stations around the USA

[Edited by pdog]
28th September 2006 05:16 PM
telecaster
quote:
pdog wrote:

[Edited by pdog]

Capt. Noah was no Capt. Kangaroo....
28th September 2006 05:16 PM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:
Captain Noah and His Magical Ark, produced by the Philadelphia Council of Churches, starred W. Carter Merbreier and his wife "Mrs. Noah," airing from 1970 until 1994. The theme song was, I Can Sing a Rainbow. Captain Noah was syndicated on 22 stations around the USA

[Edited by pdog]

I would have been a bit too old for that stuff. I was already doing hash by then.
28th September 2006 05:33 PM
Joey
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Capt. Kangaroo was a complete bore
28th September 2006 06:03 PM
pdog
quote:
telecaster wrote:

One guy was on a boat, the other guy had a Joey in its pouch...
Get it!
Ha Ha...
Tee "Oh" Tee To A Moof Pssin' Hee!
28th September 2006 06:12 PM
telecaster
quote:
Joey wrote:

Capt. Kangaroo was a complete bore

Dialog From a Tonight Show ... Johnny Carson ... His guest was Lee Marvin.

Johnny said, "Lee, I'll bet a lot of people are unaware that you were a Marine in the initial landing at Iwo Jima ... and that during the course of that action you earned the Navy Cross and were severely wounded."

And you know how Lee was ....

"Yeah, yeah ... I got shot square in the and they gave me the cross for securing a hot spot about halfway up Mt. Suribachi ... bad thing about getting shot up on a mountain is guys gettin' shot hauling you down. But Johnny, at Iwo I served under the bravest man I ever knew ... We both got the Cross the same day but what he did for his Cross made mine look cheap in comparison. The dumb actually stood up on Red Beach and directed his troops to move forward and get the off the beach. That Sergeant and I have been life long friends. "When they brought me off Suribachi we passed the Sergeant and he lit a smoke and passed it to me lying on my belly on the litter . "Where'd they get you Lee?" "Well Bob ... if you make it home before me, tell Mom to sell the outhouse." "Johnny, I'm not lying ... Sergeant Keeshan was the bravest man I ever Knew... Bob Keeshan ...You and the world know him as Captain Kangaroo."

http://www.unsolvedmysteries.com/usm240152.html
28th September 2006 06:24 PM
pdog Wow!
28th September 2006 06:43 PM
glencar
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Dialog From a Tonight Show ... Johnny Carson ... His guest was Lee Marvin.

Johnny said, "Lee, I'll bet a lot of people are unaware that you were a Marine in the initial landing at Iwo Jima ... and that during the course of that action you earned the Navy Cross and were severely wounded."

And you know how Lee was ....

"Yeah, yeah ... I got shot square in the and they gave me the cross for securing a hot spot about halfway up Mt. Suribachi ... bad thing about getting shot up on a mountain is guys gettin' shot hauling you down. But Johnny, at Iwo I served under the bravest man I ever knew ... We both got the Cross the same day but what he did for his Cross made mine look cheap in comparison. The dumb actually stood up on Red Beach and directed his troops to move forward and get the off the beach. That Sergeant and I have been life long friends. "When they brought me off Suribachi we passed the Sergeant and he lit a smoke and passed it to me lying on my belly on the litter . "Where'd they get you Lee?" "Well Bob ... if you make it home before me, tell Mom to sell the outhouse." "Johnny, I'm not lying ... Sergeant Keeshan was the bravest man I ever Knew... Bob Keeshan ...You and the world know him as Captain Kangaroo."

http://www.unsolvedmysteries.com/usm240152.html

Balls!
28th September 2006 07:41 PM
not bound to please Fiji Joe wrote:

Islam in large numbers is not compatible with western civilization...being a child of desegregation, I could draw some parallels...but I won't

What did Captain Kangaroo think about this issue? Mr. Green Jeans?

28th September 2006 09:03 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
glencar wrote:

Jesus!...Romper Room...I was raised on that mess...and the three stooges...and Spiderman, the original where there were like 20 empire state buildings and he just kept swinging from one to the other

I see you Blue...I see you

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
28th September 2006 09:11 PM
telecaster
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Jesus!...Romper Room...I was raised on that mess...and the three stooges...and Spiderman, the original where there were like 20 empire state buildings and he just kept swinging from one to the other

[Edited by Fiji Joe]

Good lord Feej, I just had flashbacks

One scary show when you think about it

Not as bad as "Land Of The Lost" but freaky enough
28th September 2006 09:18 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Good lord Feej, I just had flashbacks

One scary show when you think about it

Not as bad as "Land Of The Lost" but freaky enough

Boo!

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
28th September 2006 09:24 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
glencar wrote:

Oh, man, me too. One time she "saw" my brother and sisters and I. We were thrilled. And I had a "Mr. Do Bee" balloon that looked like a bee and flew and buzzed when you blew it up and let it go.
"Do be a Do Bee; don't be a Don't Bee." Frankly, I'd like to do a doobie right now.
28th September 2006 09:27 PM
Fiji Joe Don't tell Puglsy...but the neighborhood hooligans are getting the dog high again

28th September 2006 09:39 PM
Brainbell Jangler I'm actually old enough to remember Howdy Doody--I mean before he became President.
28th September 2006 09:41 PM
not bound to please
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Boo!

28th September 2006 11:46 PM
glencar
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

[Edited by Fiji Joe]

I see U2!

My first night time show I watched was Land Of The Giants. I remember a cute red head on the show(Deanna Lund) but the show itself was probably crappy.
29th September 2006 01:56 AM
Sir Stonesalot I guess it's up to me to get this thread back on course.

Bush is a retard! Bill Clinton for Pope!

29th September 2006 03:12 AM
not bound to please
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I guess it's up to me to get this thread back on course.

Bush is a retard! Bill Clinton for Pope!

That is one ugly woman. Even by central PA standards...Yikes!

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)