ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In memory of Tim (seersuckersuit)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: A Bigger Bang vs Emotional Rescue Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
26th September 2006 09:34 PM
Lethargy
quote:
jb wrote:
No comparison...ER a great albu, ABB a artistic and commercial failure....

Oh come on now, JB. There are many, many, many, many albums by the stones that are better than ABB, but is ABB really worse than Emotional Rescue?

Damn, at this very moment I'm listening to Down In The Hole, and suddenly I lack the clarity I had 30 seconds ago when starting this post.

26th September 2006 10:31 PM
texile i don't know gazza - i still think its the same vocal...
the bootleg has the extended version, hence the different lyrics but nothing beats the el mocambo version.
27th September 2006 07:27 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
texile wrote:

well said belli -
an still undiscovered gem at that, the lines are so cryptic but so dead on...

Third world revolutionary politics, poverty, violence, all told from a child's perspective -- brilliant stuff! My only beef with the song is how the mariachi horns sound real in the beginning, and then later they sound keyboard-y.
27th September 2006 12:45 PM
F505 Summer Romance, Send It To Me, Let Me Go, Indian Girl, She's So Cold and All About You are all very weak songs.
Not worthy to be on any Stones album

27th September 2006 01:59 PM
Green Tea I think "All About You" is a great song. I also think "She's so Cold" is fun rocker.

I agree about the rest.
27th September 2006 08:59 PM
Poison Dart Emotional Rescue is better. But, it is fairly close.
27th September 2006 09:01 PM
Some Guy Emotional Rescue probably sold more copies today than ABB.
27th September 2006 10:42 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Emotional Rescue probably sold more copies today than ABB.

You can bet on it.
27th September 2006 10:59 PM
ExileInLA I can't believe what I'm reading here. Are you people saying that Emotional Rescue is a great record? You have to be kidding. Nothing good really came out of this period besides "All About You".

ABB is a much better record with more solid songs than ER.

She Saw Me Comin, Rough Justice, ONNYA, and Back Of My Hand are better than just about 99% of ER.
28th September 2006 12:57 AM
glencar
quote:
ExileInLA wrote:
I can't believe what I'm reading here. Are you people saying that Emotional Rescue is a great record? You have to be kidding. Nothing good really came out of this period besides "All About You".

ABB is a much better record with more solid songs than ER.

She Saw Me Comin, Rough Justice, ONNYA, and Back Of My Hand are better than just about 99% of ER.

Hear hear!
28th September 2006 06:25 AM
Zack AMG rightly calls ER a "bafflingly lame start to the 80s." It is the funniest Stones record by a mile though, and that's worth something.

I'd put ABB in the upper middle eschelon of Stones albums. and ER in the lower middle. Maybe middle middle.
28th September 2006 07:03 AM
Honky Tonk Man A Bigger Bang is the better record by far. Emotional Rescue has its moments and its by no means a bad attempt. Maybe my preference to their latest effort its the first studio album since I've been a fan. Emotional Recue came out 3 years before I was born and during a Stones era I have little to no interest in whatsoever.
28th September 2006 07:22 AM
Gazza
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:
Absolutley love it! I first got laid to this album!

which one - ER or ABB?
28th September 2006 01:10 PM
MrPleasant Emotional Rescue, of course. Because I'm a pervert.
28th September 2006 02:36 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
Gazza wrote:

which one - ER or ABB?

Emotional Rescue! It was great! but of course now it's even better, Best Sex Yet!
29th September 2006 02:04 AM
IanBillen A Bigger Bang is definitely better over all. Sure no Monster single or different approaches to it. But hey....it is simple, unapologetic, and it rocks all the way through. I never really got into ER. Sure it is Ok. But it never really grabbed me and it surely didn't hit the nail on the head as ABB does. I like ER and SSC as the singles. Good fun tunes they are and so is "Where the boys all go" but the rest is nothing worth writing home over and alot of it seems kinda sub-par or kinda weak for a Rolling Stones studio release. It isn't horrible.....just nothing spectacular as as album for a Stones release IMO and is of their weaker records. ABB is solid as a rock and doesn't let up all the way through. Just my opinion.

Ian

[Edited by IanBillen]
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)