ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In memory of Tim (seersuckersuit)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Giants Stadium roll call - Who's going? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
26th September 2006 10:55 AM
throbby will be stopping at the Shidoobee tailgate, late in the day...
26th September 2006 10:56 AM
jb
quote:
throbby wrote:
will be stopping at the Shidoobee tailgate, late in the day...

I shall not, repeat, I shall not, attend. I am done with the meet and greets....I shall say hello to Pdog in AC and that's it.
26th September 2006 11:18 AM
Nellcote By your theory, if Giants will be a success at 50K of available 77K seating, then Gillette was more of a success, as they sold 44K of available 66K, given the larger market which Giants serves. Please use a greater theme of rational thought when hurling accusations, or the humiliation factor will grow ever larger for your home state not supporting one chord of music from your favorite quartet during this fall run. Thank you for your continued support and cooperation.
26th September 2006 11:19 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
jb wrote:

I shall not, repeat, I shall not, attend. I am done with the meet and greets....I shall say hello to Pdog in AC and that's it.

26th September 2006 11:22 AM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
By your theory, if Giants will be a success at 50K of available 77K seating, then Gillette was more of a success, as they sold 44K of available 66K, given the larger market which Giants serves. Please use a greater theme of rational thought when hurling accusations, or the humiliation factor will grow ever larger for your home state not supporting one chord of music from your favorite quartet during this fall run. Thank you for your continued support and cooperation.

They make 60k tickets available for Giants...Gillette made 45k available when we both know if they had the demand, at least 55-60k could be made available. The fire-slaes are not quite as prevalent yet for Giants, although you can get 4 tix and 4 t-shirts for $195!!!! I beleive Giants will fill up-maybe even 53-56.....Reflecting back on Boston, at least 35k of the 42k in attendance probably paid full price-thus, we still will gross very well there. The fsact they got 42k was prety good considering the 5th show , weknight, etc...it was O.K. when all was said and done.
[Edited by jb]
26th September 2006 11:23 AM
jb
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

YOu seem like a very nice person and I enjoy you plesentness/politieness/friendly disposition(much like me). I will greet you as well.
26th September 2006 11:25 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
jb wrote:

YOu seem like a very nice person and I enjoy you plesentness/politieness/friendly disposition(much like me). I will greet you as well.

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
26th September 2006 11:29 AM
Nellcote Out of Bruce/U2/Metallica/Bon Jovi/Stones/Toby Keith/Various Rock package acts, only, yes only Kenney Chesney has ever sold over 50K in the four year history at the Razor, which was his 2nd highest gross ever.
Simply put, most football venues in US rarely set aside all available seating for concerts, due to logistics which do not exist with football events, such as behind stage viewing access, soundboard/mixing locations on the floor.
Summary, you will be hard pressed to find good gross sales beyond Gillette & Giants, Chicago, new Arizona site this round for venues of this size.
Additionally, looking at the other acts, their lack of stadium inclusions, The Stones win again for filling these venues. They will be hard pressed to be beaten in the future. Of course, this was predicted back in the '70's, by those in the know...
26th September 2006 11:30 AM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Out of Bruce/U2/Metallica/Bon Jovi/Stones/Toby Keith/Various Rock package acts, only, yes only Kenney Chesney has ever sold over 50K in the four year history at the Razor, which was his 2nd highest gross ever.
Simply put, most football venues in US rarely set aside all available seating for concerts, due to logistics which do not exist with football events, such as behind stage viewing access, soundboard/mixing locations on the floor.
Summary, you will be hard pressed to find good gross sales beyond Gillette & Giants, Chicago, new Arizona site this round for venues of this size.
Additionally, looking at the other acts, their lack of stadium inclusions, The Stones win again for filling these venues. They will be hard pressed to be beaten in the future. Of course, this was predicted back in the '70's, by those in the know...

I thought we had 52k in 2002??? Was that Gillette or the old stadium???
[Edited by jb]
26th September 2006 11:39 AM
Gazza
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Out of Bruce/U2/Metallica/Bon Jovi/Stones/Toby Keith/Various Rock package acts, only, yes only Kenney Chesney has ever sold over 50K in the four year history at the Razor, which was his 2nd highest gross ever.

Didnt Springsteen play 2 shows at Gillette and then 2 at Fenway just five weeks apart in 2003?
26th September 2006 11:44 AM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Didnt Springsteen play 2 shows at Gillette and then 2 at Fenway just five weeks apart in 2003?

Yes...Bruce easily outsold the Stones....he is much bigger in the N.E. as are Bon Jovi...New York is not close to being the Stones town it once was...not even close...
26th September 2006 11:52 AM
Saint Sway this is the 1st Giants Stadium show I will not be attending. I had already put in for Thursday off. My friends have a hotel there. But I think I'm still gonna pass.

Kinda sad really. But I think I'm just done seeing them in Stadiums. I left their last MSG show with a such great feeling - I actually felt like that could of been my last show and it would of been OK. I finally got to see Sway live. Had great seats and great time. Stadium shows are so spread out it just takes away. Even floor seats in the 1st 20 suck. At this point with over 50 shows under my belt I need to see them in more intimate settings.

It breaks my heart to miss them when they are playing so close. Despite all the complaining and tough love I give them here they are still my all-time favorite band and theres no place I'd rather be than a Stones show. But I've got my AC tix. Will try for Beacon tix. MSG is a given. Vegas always a possibility. But feel its time to pass on Giants and all other stadiums.

hopefully y'all get a great set and I'll be kicking myself the next day

cheers!
26th September 2006 11:55 AM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
this is the 1st Giants Stadium show I will not be attending. I had already put in for Thursday off. My friends have a hotel there. But I think I'm still gonna pass.

Kinda sad really. But I think I'm just done seeing them in Stadiums. I left their last MSG show with a such great feeling - I actually felt like that could of been my last show and it would of been OK. I finally got to see Sway live. Had great seats and great time. Stadium shows are so spread out it just takes away. Even floor seats in the 1st 20 suck. At this point with over 50 shows under my belt I need to see them in more intimate settings.

It breaks my heart to miss them when they are playing so close. Despite all the complaining and tough love I give them here they are still my all-time favorite band and theres no place I'd rather be than a Stones show. But I've got my AC tix. Will try for Beacon tix. MSG is a given. Vegas always a possibility. But feel its time to pass on Giants and all other stadiums.

cheers!

You have made the transition....there is no reason not to attend as prices are down, and it looks like you will get a decent set....you must go if you truly love the band...
[Edited by jb]
26th September 2006 11:58 AM
LadyJane
quote:
jb wrote:

You have made the transition....there is no reason not to attend as prices are down, and it looks like you will get a decent set....you must go if you truly love the band...
[Edited by jb]

agreed. Giants will get the grade A Gillette list. Do it.

LJ.
26th September 2006 01:23 PM
taz22 Josh......if you are attending Gaints I hope I get the chance to say hello to you in person. I will be attending the shidoobee tailgate party........

if you are unavailable for the tailgate...just look for a 5'8" fellow with glasses wearing a stones deck t-shirt who speaks Canadian!

26th September 2006 01:39 PM
jb
quote:
taz22 wrote:
Josh......if you are attending Gaints I hope I get the chance to say hello to you in person. I will be attending the shidoobee tailgate party........

if you are unavailable for the tailgate...just look for a 5'8" fellow with glasses wearing a stones deck t-shirt who speaks Canadian!

Hello tazz22. I am skipping Giants(did it last year) and going to Louisville. I went to Giants last year and it was a great show. Enjoy what looks to be a grand pre-party with the Shidoobee's. Doug is a good man. I will be wearing my green IDF shirt in Louisville.
26th September 2006 02:38 PM
Bitch Hi everyone, thanks for posting on the thread. I'll be at the Shidoobee tailgate party too, but I thought we can have a Rocks Off a party-within-a-party!

I'm looking forward to meeting all of you there! Look for the RO banner, I'll be there sometime around 5:00 and I'll have rum and cokes ready for everyone who wants one!

I hope the STONES play ROCKS OFF and BITCH tomorrow!

26th September 2006 02:44 PM
F505 Is the Tour still on?
26th September 2006 03:20 PM
glencar
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

agreed. Giants will get the grade A Gillette list. Do it.

LJ.

If I could go, I certainly would. The teeshirt alone is a c'mon for me. I feel bad that I have other obligations that night. Damn this life!
26th September 2006 03:20 PM
glencar
quote:
F505 wrote:
Is the Tour still on?

Yes, it'll go on for 2 more months, horns & all...
27th September 2006 03:42 AM
chevysales
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
this is the 1st Giants Stadium show I will not be attending. I had already put in for Thursday off. My friends have a hotel there. But I think I'm still gonna pass.

cheers!

i agree with you on one thing...if last msg was last show i would have been satisfied... such a great show it was.
27th September 2006 10:38 AM
Saint Sway this was a tough decision. But I am confident that its in my best interests to no longer attend stadium shows. Just no longer worth it.

hope everyone has a great time. This will be their last Giants Stadium show
27th September 2006 12:59 PM
LadyJane First reports in from Giants lot.

Mr TomL is on the scene and drinking.

Gonna be a long night!!!!!

LJ.
27th September 2006 01:03 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
First reports in from Giants lot.

LJ.

Dear Lord......You are sooooo right LJ!!!
27th September 2006 01:04 PM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

LJ.

Glad I skipped this one!!!!
27th September 2006 01:08 PM
Joey
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

LJ.

TomL is madly in love with Paris Hilton

Have fun this evening everyone !!!!!

BEST STONES YET !!!!!!
27th September 2006 01:10 PM
glencar Drinking already? LOL I just woke up!
27th September 2006 01:14 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Drinking already? LOL I just woke up!

Senikot has helped me move my bowels as it is a natural vegetable oil laxative/stool softener
27th September 2006 01:15 PM
glencar Tell Joey!
27th September 2006 01:17 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Tell Joey!

Inever enjoyed the tail gate crap...not my style...
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)