ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Performing "Rock me baby" with Buddy Guy
Orpheum Theatre, Boston September 8, 2002
Scanned from IORR No. 45, photo by Kevin Mazur

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: chuck baby Return to archive
10-01-02 07:43 AM
stonedinaustralia he's looking relatively non-groovy in the header pic. (yeah, i know, it's a cheap shot but i've never been a big beard fan) but how did he fit into the sound (particularly at roseland)- did he take any solos?

no-one's hardly mentioned him, much less get into a full blown dissin' - do i take it he was relatively unobtrusive

btw, who was actually driving the band with the count-ins and signalling the changes and the endings and so forth.. i would hope that k. was still in charge of all that but i've heard that chuck has had a big hand in that on more recent tours

any comments gladly received

thanx

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
10-01-02 08:13 AM
Nellcote Hey there;

From my spot at the B Stage at Gillette, Jagger & Chuck signaled each other several times, which appeared more than between others. Chuck gets a boogie woogie section during HTW. He seems to "fit in" in a more positive way than in past tours, IMO.
10-01-02 08:23 AM
nankerphelge Nellcote -- I have a single for Hartford if you are still interested. Ain't a great seat but it is on the inside!

10-01-02 08:51 AM
Nellcote Nanky;

Quite sporting of you to think of this ol' grey hair.
My partner is trolling at the moment, we are not certain where it all is going, once I made the B stage area, I waver on anything else, however, I go back/forth hourly. I will keep your offer in mind, realizing it may evaporate, however, very good of you to let me know. I will drop you a line at this thread, we can figure how to hook up from there.

Are you headed there? Or, see you at the Fleet in Jan?

10-01-02 08:53 AM
nankerphelge sounds good
10-01-02 09:00 AM
stonedinaustralia thanx nellcote - (btw nice handle - and posts to match)

10-01-02 09:07 AM
Nellcote Yes, Cheers down under! Thanks!

Love the "Exile Man"!

When in high school, during the Exile era, made several t shirts for friends in graphic arts class, with that fellow. The instructor thought I had problems, using that fellow. I told him they were not problems, just different spins on life. Still have those "problems" today, which keeps life interesting.
10-01-02 09:16 AM
stonedinaustralia Nellcote:

i guess your friends must have had the same"problems" too...seems to me that that instructor fellow might be the one with the "problems"

thanx again
10-01-02 02:15 PM
Stonesprofessor Just copped him for my desktop....in tile..WAYYY cool
10-01-02 03:30 PM
Moonisup Chuck has been turned down now! But he is still the musical leaders, from start to finish, just watch some video's from Voodoo lounge and B2B, he does the ending always, Keith said that to in an interview some time ago, most of the time:
Micks signals keith ore charlie, and then chuck does the end

Yeah yeah, chuck is the end, lol
10-01-02 03:42 PM
luxury1 I got front row at GS, and Chuck does usually count in the songs and bring them back together when they stray too far, and also signals the endings, of course. He seems to work closely with MIck, and always has one eye on him. I did also notice that his playing is not that prominently featured this tour.
10-01-02 03:51 PM
Moonisup Well I like that he is turned down a bit, and also the backs ups. I like all of them, they are very important to the stones, but it is nice to see some more stones now!!

Rik