ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Performing "Rock me baby" with Buddy Guy
Orpheum Theatre, Boston September 8, 2002
Scanned from IORR No. 45, photo by Kevin Mazur

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: In your wildest dreams, what would they play at Roseland tonight? Return to archive
09-30-02 11:45 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Alright... Here goes nothing...

A MODERATELY REALISTIC LIST (As in, only a few far-outters, signified with a '*')

1. Jumping Jack Flash
2. It's Only Rock'n'Roll (But I Like It)
3. Hand Of Fate
4. Love In Vain
5. Everybody Needs Somebody To Love
6. Dance (Pt. 1)
7. Rocks Off
8. Heart Of Stone
9. Twenty Flight Rock*
10. Coming Down Again*
11. Before They Make Me Run
12. Gimme Shelter
13. Fingerprint File*
14. Ain't Too Proud To Beg*
15. Rip This Joint
16. Can't You Hear Me Knocking
17. If You Can't Rock Me
18. Start Me Up
19. Brown Sugar
20. And I Love Her! No, just kidding...
20. Tumbling Dice

THE OUT THERE, OH PLEASE GOD SETLIST:

1. She Said Yeah
2. Down The Road Apiece
3. Around And Around
4. Love In Vain
5. Rocks Off
6. Hand Of Fate
7. Everybody Needs Somebody To Love
8. Dance (Pt. 1)
9. I Want to Be Your Man
10. Let's Spend The Night Together
11. Connection
12. Wanna Hold You
13. Twenty Flight Rock
14. Fingerprint File
15. Flip The Switch
17. Ain't Too Proud To Beg
18. Jumping Jack Flash
19. Bye Bye Johnnie
20. It's Only Rock'n'Roll (But I Like It) (Ronnie lead vocal first verse)

Oh man... just thinking about that last setlist made me feel all fuzzy and warm inside and all over mis pantalones.

-tSYX
EDIT: Of course someone mentions "Bye Bye Johnnie"... I think to myself "Xyzzy, don't forget it!" the entire time I'm writing it and someone walks by, I talk to them, and forget it...
[Edited by TheSavageYoungXyzzy]
09-30-02 12:58 PM
bez85 Chuck Berry! where's the Chuck Berry! they haven"t played any this tour yet>>>>>>>>Let It Rock..
09-30-02 01:08 PM
stonesmik Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry!
09-30-02 02:08 PM
MidnightRambler Ooooh, I LOVE "Fingerprint File"...that's a great song with a good groove. If they've rehearsed this w/ out our knowledge and play it ANYTIME during this tour---that would be the ULTIMATE pinacle of ecstasy.

Go Ronnie!
09-30-02 04:00 PM
T&A I agree about the lack of Berry comment. We had that "inside, informed" post before opening night that they'd be wheeling out Sweet Little Rock'n'Roller on the b-stage. That had me hyped.

IMO, the best song of any given night is a Berry cover. Bye Bye Johnny in '72, Let it Rock & SL16 in '78, Little Queenie in '97....I want my Chuck Berry!! And, no, IORR doesn't qualify as an adequate substitute. I can't believe that - especially at these theater gigs - Keith hasn't insisted they do one.
09-30-02 04:16 PM
Moonisup Sweet little sixteen would be nice
09-30-02 07:43 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
Sweet little sixteen would be nice

Yeah, it would...

But I wanna hear "She Said Yeah", real bad.

When was the last time they played that one?

-tSYX --- But if ya try sometimes...
09-30-02 08:09 PM
Mr T I think this would be the coolest set of all time(most of it is realistic):

1. Jumping Jack Flash
2. If You Can't Rock Me
3. Hand Of Fate
4. Stray Cat Blues
5. Time Is On My Side
6. Torn & Frayed
7. Rocks Off
8. Gotta Get Away
9. When The Whip Comes Down
10. Bitch
11. Happy
12. Gimme Shelter
13. Under My Thumb
14. Ain't Too Proud To Beg
15. Midnight Rambler
17. Memo From Turner
18. Sympathy For The Devil
19. Brown Sugar

~~encore~~
20. Highwire
21. Tumbling Dice

Amzing how my dream setlist would include CYHMK, Stray Cat Blues & Hand Of Fate - and that looks like it's happening this tour. Damn, I hope we get a DVD of one of these club shows - these sets are a dream come true
09-30-02 08:39 PM
Rescued I agree with the sweetness that a fiery Berry cover would lend to any set this tour. Also "Fingerprint File" is overdue for a return especially in todays political climate.

I'd absolutely love to see em tear through "She Was Hot". Once would be enough, if only just once! They've certainly got the chops to do it this tour.
09-30-02 08:50 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Rescued wrote:
I agree with the sweetness that a fiery Berry cover would lend to any set this tour. Also "Fingerprint File" is overdue for a return especially in todays political climate.

I'd absolutely love to see em tear through "She Was Hot". Once would be enough, if only just once! They've certainly got the chops to do it this tour.

Well, I'd love to hear "Fingerprint File" - Darryl's a jazz player, he can certainly handle Taylor's killer bass on that one. But the version on Love You Live sucked - probably because the bass wasn't there - just ol' Stoneface Bill, who, while incredible, also had small hands and, while he often surpassed Taylor's playing on many other songs, just didn't seem to latch into this one. The version on Love You Live was boring - if they do it again it needs to have *menace*, a real growl to it like the studio version does.

"She Was Hot"? Sure, why not!

Apparently at the sound check they dragged out "Sweet Virginia"... ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh yeah!

-tSYX --- Whatta pair! Whatta team!
09-30-02 09:26 PM
SirMuddy Hi! Here's the new guy in town wish list

Let it rock
Get off of my cloud
Respectable
Don't Stop
Wild Horses
Everybody needs somebody to love
Emotional Rescue
You gotta move
I got the blues
Sweet Virginia
Slave
Highwire
You got the silver
Little T & A
Star Star
Midnight rambler
Out of Control
Mannish Boy
Little red rooster
Bye Bye Johnny
Rip this joint
Sympathy for the devil
Saint of me

Cheers
09-30-02 11:06 PM
BILL PERKS MY PERFECT SET
1-JJ FLASH
2-HAND OF FATE
3-IF YOU CANT ROCK ME
4-TUMBLING DICE
5-WHAT A SHAME
6-CRY TO ME
7-MOTHERS LIL HELPER
8-MONKEY MAN
9-CANT TURN YOU LOOSE
10-DANCIN WIT MR D
11-LITTLE T-A
12-HAPPY
13-CANT YOU HEAR ME KNOCKIN
14-WHEN THE WHIP COMES DOWN-B
15-SO YOUNG-B
16-HAD IT WITH YOU-B
17-GIMME SHELTER
18-SF MAN
19-BROWN SUGAR
ENCORES
20-YOU CANT ALWAYS GET
21-MIDNIGHT RAMBLER
09-30-02 11:18 PM
JaggaRichards
quote:
stonesmik wrote:
Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry! Berry!

YESYESYESYESYESYES!!!!
Please! Just ONE Berry tune guys!