ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Performing "Rock me baby" with Buddy Guy
Orpheum Theatre, Boston September 8, 2002
Scanned from IORR No. 45, photo by Kevin Mazur

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I fell in love at Giants Stadium Return to archive
09-30-02 09:26 AM
nankerphelge So I gotta tell you all this story because this is the kind of stuff that just warms my heart. Maxmeister and I get to our cramped little Giants seats and we're checking out the neighborhood and along comes this short lil' woman who is (I'm guessing) 65 years old or so. Bluehead baby -- hanging chad type o' girl!!! Anyhow, she is accompanied by a young (25 at best) year old guy. So I figure she's gotta be a great lay to land this kid (just kidding -- it was her son for chrissakes).

So her name is Mella and she proceeds to tell me that she has been in love with Mick Jagger since way back (no question there!) -- and her son has to bring her to all the shows (what a good boy). Well I fell in love with her -- she was so cute -- she knew the words to just about every song -- she danced the entire nite -- in fact, it was so cramped up there with her dancing, that I spent the night with the back of my thighs pushed up against my seat and I have two lines of bruises across them to show for it. Every time Mick's mug flashed up on the screen, Mella would get all gushy and say "Oh Mickey" and hold her hands out and like she was caressing his face and pinch his cheeks. Then she'd look at me and say "Don't you just want to pinch him?" or "You know, no one does it better than Mick" -- Yeah I know baby -- you go girl.

When they hit the B-stage, I think she came. Hard to tell -- she was old -- but I thought I saw that familiar pelvic convulsion!! She was definitely dampening the silks tho -- that B-stage was her finest moment -- and when Mick returned to the main stage she yelled "No -- don't go Mickey"

Anyhow, she won my heart -- what a great lady!!
09-30-02 10:08 AM
Maxlugar "I think she came. Hard to tell -- she was old -- but I thought I saw that familiar pelvic convulsion!!"

Did it look like a big puff of dust came out of her prehistoric puss puss? "POOF!!"

YEAH!

Fully recovered and hittin' them outta tha park!

MAXY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
09-30-02 11:13 AM
parmeda Nank...

That was too funny!
Not really though...that's going to be ME in about 25 more years, lol. And yes, Mick will be there too, doing HIS most famous pelvic convulsions while be supported by his walker!

Oh my...scary visual.
09-30-02 03:56 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I also fell in love, but at the parking lot of the Giants Stadium! I still in love!!! ...but can't describe the scene!
09-30-02 04:03 PM
Jaxx we were warned this would be a thread.....
09-30-02 04:30 PM
nankerphelge Oh Jaxx - she was so cute -- you two would have gotten along famously getting all worked up over "Mickey"!
10-01-02 01:07 AM
Jaxx oh yeah. us mick chicks like plenty of company....you got luckier than I. had to spend the evening with a couple of newbies who claimed to be from the bronx but were really from jersey. (trust me a joisey girl knows these things....)said they'd never been to a stones show. asked me who lisa was, what album don't stop was off of and if keith was mick. at least they bought me and gazza a couple of beers, it occurred to me after i started drinking it that they might have slipped me some rupes...however, my kidneys are so overworked they aren't worth much....i would have traded these guys for your little ole lady anyday.
10-01-02 07:29 AM
fmk438j
quote:
Jaxx wrote:
they'd never been to a stones show. asked me who lisa was, what album don't stop was off of and if keith was mick.

I'm interested to know what these non-fans thought of the show. Did they appear to enjoy what they saw?
Were they just into the novelty of it all or was there more to it?
10-01-02 10:39 AM
Jaxx
quote:
fmk438j wrote:

I'm interested to know what these non-fans thought of the show. Did they appear to enjoy what they saw?
Were they just into the novelty of it all or was there more to it?

they were enjoying the show. they were psyched. i got them pumped, natch! i also got them pretty wasted, if you know what i mean. they would talk to each other and say, "ask her, she'll know"...LOL. what surprised me is that these for 30 somethings these guys were a bit clueless. however, by the end of the evening they were plenty cluefull!