ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Performing "Rock me baby" with Buddy Guy
Orpheum Theatre, Boston September 8, 2002
Scanned from IORR No. 45, photo by Kevin Mazur

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: don't stop -charts Return to archive
09-28-02 08:49 PM
phantom Don't stop is at 12.position at Argentina top20!!
But nowhere else.Is DS out as single already??
ANd what about video?
Somebody saw it??
09-28-02 09:22 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Really?

Sweet!

It's not officially being released as a single until Tuesday.

But with the decent amount of airplay it's been getting coupled with the Forty Licks radio show, it might just make the Top 40 here.

-tSYX --- I can say she's allright!
09-28-02 10:19 PM
Boomhauer Well, one time I was looking at Billboard magazine and saw Don't Stop at #23 on the mainstream rock chart.

09-29-02 10:47 AM
phantom http://top40-charts.com/chart.php?cid=3
09-29-02 10:49 AM
phantom url
http://top40-charts.com/chart.php?cid=3
09-29-02 11:18 AM
Boomhauer Well Phanty, it's great to see it is doing well down there.

Here in the US, we are in a sad state of music. The girl from American Idol has the #1 song. I mean, how much more pathetic can it get?

09-29-02 11:25 AM
Moonisup Well boomie, long time no talk!!

Well here ain't the single released yet, we have the ketchup song on # 1
that is sad!!!!!!!

MOUPPIe
09-29-02 11:58 AM
frankh I live in the NY metropolitn area and I never hear it on the radio. I heard it for the first time at MSG Thursday Evening. Heard it again at Giants Stadium last nite and I must say it really gets you up shaking your ass!! Best song of the concert in my opinion. However I'm always biased to new material.
09-29-02 01:02 PM
glencar FrankieH, tune in WBA(f**king)B 102.3 & you'll hear it fairly frequently. It's a Long Island station.
09-30-02 06:01 AM
gypsymofo60 Those chart positions will undoutadely be based on pre sale orders, but I agree the pre release vibe is very down the world over it would seem.
09-30-02 10:44 AM
Mathijs How can a single be in the charts when there will not even be a single release of Don't Stop?

Mathijs
09-30-02 11:22 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Mathijs wrote:
How can a single be in the charts when there will not even be a single release of Don't Stop?

Mathijs

That's funny - I thought for sure it was being released tomorrow with Forty Licks.

-tSYX --- Looks painful...
09-30-02 01:20 PM
stonesmik
quote:
Mathijs wrote:
How can a single be in the charts when there will not even be a single release of Don't Stop?

Mathijs

Some clever guys have found out that well the sales aren't everything, they are mixing their charts from different sources with the sales being just one of them. Also airplay is taken in consideration. Some also take the opinions of some critics. Some charts are even made up completely by the guy (or his crew) who airplays that chart etc etc

In my opinion charts are crap because you NEVER know what they mean. Who made them? How many copies do you have to sell for a no. 1, more or less than last week? They never tell you. It's only marketing (but I like it: because it's funny to see the numbers going up and down, and if the Stones have a good position I can always say: "See? That's how good they are." I can say that. If I want.)
10-01-02 04:57 AM
Mathijs nice story, but as far as I know a chart is based on sales figures. The one singe that sells most is number one, simpe as that. In Holland the charts are based on figures of the 5 biggest CD stores, and by figures of the Buma/Stemra. And as as far as I know no Don't Stop single will be released, it will not enter the charts.

Mathijs
10-01-02 07:49 AM
lucasd4
quote:
Mathijs wrote:
nice story, but as far as I know a chart is based on sales figures. The one singe that sells most is number one, simpe as that. In Holland the charts are based on figures of the 5 biggest CD stores, and by figures of the Buma/Stemra. And as as far as I know no Don't Stop single will be released, it will not enter the charts.

Mathijs

In the U.S., the top 200 ALBUM chart is based completely on SALES--as monitored by Soundscan....the singles charts are based on sales and airplay
10-01-02 10:50 AM
jb This album will definitely be in the top 40 Mathjis..perhaps the biggest seller since VL.
10-01-02 01:20 PM
stonesmik
quote:
Mathijs wrote:
nice story, but as far as I know a chart is based on sales figures. The one singe that sells most is number one, simpe as that. In Holland the charts are based on figures of the 5 biggest CD stores, and by figures of the Buma/Stemra. And as as far as I know no Don't Stop single will be released, it will not enter the charts.

Mathijs

Also nice story. Why only the 5 biggest CD stores? This means if I buy my Stones CD in the good assorted shop but not at Wal-Mart my buy won't be in the chart - why not? Most disturbing: why do they never tell how many copies were REALLY sold? Why can't they make a chart like No. 1 is Ketchup songs with 43'345 copies sold this week etc. They won't do it because they are all liars. Have you ever worked in a record shop who is helping to compile any kind of chart? They all betray. Even if it's only that they can't sell what they don't stock but they only stock what they think will sell (weird). EMI and Universal and all of them TELL THEM what to stock. Pre-sales figures are taken into consideration so a single can jump to No. 1 even if noone has ordered the single but the record shop. No, they won't fool me. I wanna see the numbers and I wanna know who made them up.
10-01-02 05:13 PM
RubyFriday Here in germany is a maxi CD announced,4 tracks but no listing yet

Rolling Stones, The:
Don't Stop

Format: Maxi Single CD
Erscheinungsdatum: 14.10.02
Genre: Rock'n'Roll
Label: Virgin Schallplatten GmbH & C
EAN-Nr.: 724354682124
10-02-02 12:28 AM
Boomhauer Now CDNow has the release date of "Don't Stop" for 10-15-02.

It keeps changing, damn it!
10-02-02 04:00 AM
RubyFriday Here is a sleeve for Don�t stop,I think it�s a promo

http://wdr.de/radio/wdr2/musik/cd.html