ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Madison Square Garden, New York, NY - 13th September 2005
© and thanks to Sue
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: OH NO! Watch out Rwanda, Paris Hilton is coming to visit Return to archive
27th September 2007 11:37 AM
Ten Thousand Motels OH NO! Watch out Rwanda, Paris Hilton is coming to visit
September 26th, 2007
by Nancy Reyes
http://www.bloggernews.net/110516

The Material Girl went to Malawi, and Angela Jollie went to Botswana, and now it’s Rwanda’s turn to be the focus of a Hollywood celebrity wanting to play Miss Bountiful.

Yup, Paris Hilton plans to visit Rwanda.

Hilton says it’s all part of her new, postjail commitment to use her celebrity to bring the spotlight to what she feels are important causes around the world….

“There’s so much need in that area, and I feel like if I go, it will bring more attention to what people can do to help,” Hilton said of the region.

Making the Dose remark:
Having Exhausted North America’s Patience,
Paris Moves on to New Continent

Yup. That about says it all.

I guess I shouldn’t be cynical about a girl trying to get some good publicity after her DUI conviction. But you don’t “use” human beings as a prop for your goodness: charity should come from a loving heart with the wish to help, not a tour complete with a publicity expert.

Well, I guess at least she hasn’t adopted a “trophy baby” like other celebrities.

Of course, if she really wanted to help, she might try actually working.

I can see it now: The Simple LIfe meets Worlds Apart.

I can’t wait to see her tilling sweetpotatoes and carrying a waterjug on her head…
——————————-
Nancy Reyes is a retired physician living in the rural Philippines. Her webpage is Finest Kind Clinic and Fishmarket, and she writes about human rights problems in Zimbabwe at Makaipa blog.
27th September 2007 12:01 PM
jostorm Beam me up, Scotty!

Not to wish any harm on anyone, but don't you just wish she had visited Rwanda years ago, while the big genocide was in full blow??? Someone could have clubbed her to death and we could all have watched it on TV...

I wonder if she is going to try and convert the remaining small mountain gorilla population to Brazilian waxes???
27th September 2007 12:21 PM
mrhipfl
quote:

�There�s so much need in that area, and I feel like if I go, it will bring more attention to what people can do to help,� Hilton said of the region.

She's just gonna go? Not give money or anything? Just go?
27th September 2007 12:41 PM
pdog She is planning a starvation diet, instead of throwing up her food...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
27th September 2007 12:48 PM
oldkr lets hope they like her so much they keep her.

OLDKR
27th September 2007 01:42 PM
pdog One can only hope that relief agencies are prepared for the outbreak of STD's about to hit this African nation!

27th September 2007 01:52 PM
gimmekeef The Simple Life continues..Maybe she'll take Nicole..Lindsay and Britney along....
27th September 2007 02:11 PM
Factory Girl She'll adopt... an African Stud-Muffin.
27th September 2007 02:33 PM
pdog an African Stud-Muffin.
27th September 2007 04:14 PM
Factory Girl
quote:
pdog wrote:
an African Stud-Muffin.

Pdog, don't show this to Elton.
27th September 2007 04:19 PM
Trey Krimsin Great! Now we'll have a bunch of Rwandans dyeing their hair blonde and saying "That's Hot" everywhere they go. I'm sure the STD rate is going to skyrocket now.
27th September 2007 04:45 PM
glencar That article is so much BS! I think Paris has changed her lifestyle to some degree & maybe this will help some of those shitted-upon Africans. She'll do more for them than the UN ever fucking did.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)