ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Madison Square Garden, New York, NY - 13th September 2005
© and thanks to Sue
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bad Brains Tonight Return to archive
24th September 2007 10:28 PM
pdog Wish me luck... This is either going to be great or a trainwreck...
24th September 2007 11:13 PM
mojoman keep hope alive
25th September 2007 05:33 AM
The jinn, my friend. Brains are best kept chilled.
25th September 2007 09:58 AM
CraigP SUBHUMANS TONIGHT!!!! Ever see them?

I didn't know Bad Brains were touring! I wish they'd come by Boston.
25th September 2007 10:20 AM
mrhipfl well, how were they P?
25th September 2007 10:38 AM
Nasty Habits Did U pay to cum?
25th September 2007 01:15 PM
pdog it was good... I wish it as great, they did close with pay to cum.
25th September 2007 07:28 PM
Riffhard
quote:
pdog wrote:
it was good... I wish it as great, they did close with pay to cum.

So how was HR? Was he as lackadaisical as he was in Asbury Park? Did he even acknowledge the crowd?

In Asbury he just seemed to want to get the whole gig over with. Dr. Know was his usual brilliant self, but HR just coasted through the show with little intrest.

Riffy
25th September 2007 08:11 PM
pdog
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

So how was HR? Was he as lackadaisical as he was in Asbury Park? Did he even acknowledge the crowd?

In Asbury he just seemed to want to get the whole gig over with. Dr. Know was his usual brilliant self, but HR just coasted through the show with little intrest.

Riffy

He was more on, and from what I heard more on than the night before. He was at a 6 and everyone else was at 10... He sang the songs with a minimal effort... The show pretty good. I went with a young friend who was blown away and knew the songs better than me... They played about 8 songs from Rock For Light early on, after opening with I Against I. I And I Survive was a really cool moment, but kinda went on and on, and I'm more punk than hippie, ya know! He did acknowledge the crowd, even though he seemed like he had smoked about an ounce of weed before, and looked like he coulda been happy anywhere. Regardless, I'm glad I went, and I feel bad for all my brothers who didn't go out of fear of it sucking.... i got handed a sticker that said black president, then a flyer for an Addicts show ( what year is it?) and as me and Dez walked down 11th street, a SUV came out from around Slims and who is in it, but Darryl Jennifer, he gave us both fist pounds and smiled and took off. I was in the pit ( how old am I?) and was soaking wet.... Couldn't wait to get home.
[Edited by pdog]
25th September 2007 08:29 PM
Riffhard Sounds like you had a pretty good time. It also sounds like once again HR was kind of going through the motions, but I would be willing to bet that he was more animated in San Fran than he was in Asbury. You were in the pit?! LOL! I had my girlfriend cracking up that night because I kept saying "slam dancing", and she kept laughing and telling me that I sounded sooo old for calling moshing slam dancing! My giorlfriend is 12 and half years younger than I am, so, you know,....I got that going for me.

Put it this way, the last time I saw the Brains was in Daytona in 1987. She was 12!! I was, well, considerably older than that!

Here is a clip of the show from Daytona. Note that it says live in 1988, but that is wrong. It was Spring Break 1987. I was in the front row. HR jumped off the stage and pogo'd with my buddy and I until the wooden bench broke under us! HR just looked at the two of us and we all laughed like crazy. Then he jumped right back onstage and went crazy all over again. Great show!

Riffy
25th September 2007 11:17 PM
GotToRollMe Glad you went to see them, pdog. I haven't seen them in a looong time. Sounds like you had a good time. Yer never to old to hit the pit!
26th September 2007 01:52 AM
pdog
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
Glad you went to see them, pdog. I haven't seen them in a looong time. Sounds like you had a good time. Yer never to old to hit the pit!

That might be true... I'm starting to believe again... now playing sports, this shit is not easy, smoking don't help!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)