ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Madison Square Garden, New York, NY - 13th September 2005
© and thanks to Sue
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Put your questions to Mick Jagger Return to archive Page: 1 2
24th September 2007 07:44 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Put your questions to Mick Jagger

Sir Mick has just finished his latest tour with the Rolling Stones

Sir Mick Jagger is to answer questions from readers of the BBC News website.

With one of the defining voices of rock 'n' roll, a catalogue of classic songs and a captivating stage persona, Sir Mick has remained one of music's biggest stars across five decades.

The Rolling Stones singer has invited fans to send questions about his life and career as he releases his first solo compilation album.

The Very Best of Mick Jagger draws on much of his time in music, including tracks from his four solo albums, songs from film soundtracks and big-name collaborations.

Send your questions for Sir Mick about his years in rock using the form below. We will pick a selection of the best, and the answers will be posted here on Tuesday 2 October.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7004571.stm
24th September 2007 07:49 AM
Nellcote I predict this thread will have "legs"
24th September 2007 09:01 AM
Mr Jurkka When the questons will be puplished and answered.. please someone put link!
24th September 2007 09:15 AM
Some Guy best thread ever.
24th September 2007 09:27 AM
EELPIE
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
I predict this thread will have "legs"

24th September 2007 09:44 AM
Joey

**** IMMEDIATE END TO TRANSMISSION *****
24th September 2007 09:56 AM
akula someone pose a serious question about why he alienates Stones fans with some (most) of his solo work!
24th September 2007 01:40 PM
pdog fuck you dickhead... I know that's not a question, but that's all I have to say. Hope I don't get tazed!
24th September 2007 02:47 PM
Lord (Hetero) Haha, I could not figure out who pdog was antagonizing. Thread wasn't even old enough for someone to have gotten that pissed, until I realize he was answering the original thread.
I would love to hear a clear answer why he refuses to acknowledge so much of his back catalogue. If he could only be persuaded to do some shows of a setlist that e.g the RO board puts together. With a band that we put together. And then have him read the reviews. Words like 'integrity', 'musician' and 'finally' etc.
I can't understand if he doesn't bel;ieve anyone will like it (see "Stripped" and the '99 tour) or if he just is bored with it and doesn't do it for selfish reasons
24th September 2007 03:18 PM
pdog
quote:
Lord (Hetero) wrote:
Haha, I could not figure out who pdog was antagonizing. Thread wasn't even old enough for someone to have gotten that pissed, until I realize he was answering the original thread.
I would love to hear a clear answer why he refuses to acknowledge so much of his back catalogue. If he could only be persuaded to do some shows of a setlist that e.g the RO board puts together. With a band that we put together. And then have him read the reviews. Words like 'integrity', 'musician' and 'finally' etc.
I can't understand if he doesn't bel;ieve anyone will like it (see "Stripped" and the '99 tour) or if he just is bored with it and doesn't do it for selfish reasons

Mick Jagger wants to pretend like he's actually a creative force in music today. He can't grasp the fact that his influence is non existent today, he is actually hurting it... Keith is still cool as all fuck, but completely losing his mind. While Jagger is perfect health and energy, yet he'sjust a rich asshole. He really doesn't even like most of his fans, we are just an annoyance because we are still moved by The Stones! He loves the money and the cheering crowds and I respect his need for some privacy and detachment. Just stop making crap music already!
24th September 2007 03:26 PM
Fiji Joe Please ask him: Where do butterflies go when it rains?

I bet big money he answers "Keith's house"

24th September 2007 05:18 PM
The jinn, my friend.
24th September 2007 05:22 PM
fireontheplatter off the top of my head and i know its kind of lame o..

i would ask him how he keeps his voice sounding sharp...meaning not to crack or anything. i know after 4-5 more end of the day beers i'll think of something more clever.

don't taise me dude.

24th September 2007 05:27 PM
pdog Here's some good questions:

Mick who tells you your solo music is good? It doesn't sell very well, so the fans have spoken!

What's with the wigs?

Why do you wear 2 inch risers on your shoes?

Can you give a million dollars to buy a house, please? I'll stop making fun of you....

24th September 2007 05:57 PM
Joey
quote:

Fiji Joe wrote:
Please ask him: Where do butterflies go when it rains?

I bet big money he answers "Keith's house"

Fiji ....................................

Whenever I read one of your posts I tend to cover my bum and look at my watch ....WHY ?! .. WHY ?!
24th September 2007 06:41 PM
andrews27 Why do people hate "She's the Boss" so much? For my money, it was the smartest set of lyrics ever mated to dance music, with the proof perhaps being that he was able to make a semi-coherent video of the whole album.

Sometimes I think only Lou Reed could ever put such a set of lyrics to dance music - but I'd hate to hear the music.
[Edited by andrews27]
24th September 2007 08:48 PM
gotdablouse "dance music" ? huh..even Mick acknoweldges it sounded like crap, see his RD interview.

My questions : Mick, do you still think of yourself as a Musician ? If you do, why don't you play in clubs where real music is made more often ?

Can you tell us which tracks you rerecorded at the Record Plant in NYC in late 1993 for the aborted Virigin reissue bonus tracks? Only "So Young" was used a b-side, but you also mentioned "Fiji Jim" in an AOL interview once.
24th September 2007 09:41 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
pdog wrote:
Why do you wear 2 inch risers on your shoes?

24th September 2007 09:43 PM
pdog
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

She is in flats too! He was wearing those risers since 1989, at least that's when I noticed them...
25th September 2007 12:01 AM
andrews27 He wears the risers to be taller than Keith, *of course.*
25th September 2007 01:11 AM
mirfälltkeinnameein
quote:
pdog wrote:

Mick Jagger wants to pretend like he's actually a creative force in music today. He can't grasp the fact that his influence is non existent today, he is actually hurting it... Keith is still cool as all fuck, but completely losing his mind. While Jagger is perfect health and energy, yet he'sjust a rich asshole. He really doesn't even like most of his fans, we are just an annoyance because we are still moved by The Stones! He loves the money and the cheering crowds and I respect his need for some privacy and detachment. Just stop making crap music already!

how do you know that he doesn´t like the fans?? that he only loves the money? I find Mick much cooler than Keith, because he does what he wants to. He does not care if Stones-fans like it or not or if anybody finds him cool or not. And he doesn´t have to because he doesn´t live for us. Keith only does what his fans expect him to do, he tries very hard to be cool, what I personally find boring.
25th September 2007 01:43 AM
silvertrainlikesmick Can anyone name one "popstar" who does not get something off Mick?

Hi, I'm new, I like Mick, he's my favorite Rolling Stone, pleased to meet you
25th September 2007 02:26 AM
pdog
quote:
mirfälltkeinnameein wrote:

how do you know that he doesn´t like the fans?? that he only loves the money? I find Mick much cooler than Keith, because he does what he wants to. He does not care if Stones-fans like it or not or if anybody finds him cool or not. And he doesn´t have to because he doesn´t live for us. Keith only does what his fans expect him to do, he tries very hard to be cool, what I personally find boring.

I've heard more than enough firsthand stories...
25th September 2007 07:43 AM
glencar Ask him why he doesn't make music with Keith anymore.
25th September 2007 07:44 AM
glencar Ask if he'll take Jerry Hall back now that she got a new face. She looks 10 yrs younger than Morticia!
25th September 2007 10:18 AM
gotdablouse huh...got a pic ?
25th September 2007 10:27 AM
Moonisup hmm
maybe:
why, why why put out this crap? Is matt so far up your arse that he doesn't tell you charmed life sux more then Bon Jovi?

25th September 2007 10:33 AM
BILL PERKS
quote:
glencar wrote:
Ask him why he doesn't make music with Keith anymore.

I'D ASK HIM HOW HE PUTS UP WITH KEITH..HE IS THE MILLSTONE IN THE BAND NOW

IMAGINE WHAT THIS BAND COULD BE LIKE LIVE IF KEITH WOULD GROW UP AND CONCENTRATE ON PLAYING GUITAR.

HIS SONGWRITING HAS BECOME A JOKE.I PERSONALLY THINK THE MAN IS FRIED.
25th September 2007 10:37 AM
Nasty Habits Whatever happened to your taste in hats?

25th September 2007 11:22 AM
gimmekeef Sir Mick..?....Why do you say "here we go" at least 5 times every song that the band has played at least 1000 times?
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)