ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Madison Square Garden, New York, NY - 13th September 2005
© and thanks to Sue
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rolled Gold - November 12 Return to archive
23rd September 2007 03:59 PM
Soldatti A cash in for Christmas, Rolled Gold will be released in UK/Europe (no word yet for a US release) on November 12.
The 2CD set comes with a new artwork and 40 songs, 12 more than the original 1975 release. Also a 4LP set will be released the same day.

Rolled Gold +: The Very Best Of Rolling Stones 2CD

12 November 2007

Tracklisting:

CD1
1. Come On
2. I Wanne Be Your Man
3. Not Fade Away
4. Carol
5. Tell Me
6. It's All Over Now
7. Little Red Rooster
8. Heart Of Stone
9. Time Is On My Side
10. The Last Time
11. Play With Fire
12. (I Can't Get No)Satisfaction
13. Get Off Of My Cloud
14. I'm Free
15. As Tears Go By
16. Lady Jane
17. Paint It Black
18. Mother's Little Helper
19. 19th Nervous Breakdown
20. Under My Thumb
21. Out Of Time
22. Yesterday's Papers
23. Let's Spend The Night Together
24. Have You Seen Your Mother Baby, Standing In The Shadow?

CD2
1. Ruby Tuesday
2. Dandelion
3. She's A Rainbow
4. We Love You
5. 2000 Light Years From Home
6. Jumpin' Jack Flash
7. Street Fighting Man
8. Sympathy For The Devil
9. No Expectations
10. Let It Bleed
11. Midnight Rambler
12. Gimme Shelter
13. You Can't Always Get What You Want
14. Brown Sugar
15. Honky Tonk Women
16. Wild Horses
23rd September 2007 06:09 PM
gotdablouse Hey, my FIRST EVER Stones LP...got that one in early 1982 I think, after listening to my father's original 45s/EPs, Mother's Little Helper/Lady Jane and SFM/No Expectations...I'll have to get it!

Interestingly enough, I didn't like Gimme Shelter much at the time...2 years down the road it has to be close to my ALL TIME favorite song, bar none, at least Rock song, Womacks's 110th Street and Mayfield's Billy Jack aren't too shabby soul/groove wise ;-)
23rd September 2007 07:10 PM
AlexKx I wish to God that I could see what the sticker says. Thank you for the post and the pictre. It does annoy me how people sometimes post pictures that are too small or what have you. I'm not laying blame as I know it might be out of your control.
23rd September 2007 08:54 PM
gotdablouse Nothing bigger from where the picture came from here http://www.music-wow.com/shop-item_details.php?id=UNI%207305 for sure.

Let's see if I can spot the 12 titles that weren't on the original RG without looking it up...

5. Tell Me
8. Heart of Stone
11. Play with Fire
14. I'm Free
22. Yesterday's Paper

2. Dandelion
5. 2000 Light Years From Home
9. No Expectations
10. Let it Bleed
13. You Can't Always Get What You Want
14. Brown Sugar
16. Wild Horses

Nice, that's twelve!

Now looking it up...

erm...

Yesterday's Papers was there so that's 11...ah so it seems 18. Mother's Little Helper wasn't there, odd, guess that's because I knew it well from the vintage EP !
24th September 2007 02:51 AM
pdog Allen Klein says Cha-Ching...$
24th September 2007 06:28 AM
corgi37 That was a smash here in Oz. Every one had it.

Except me. I had the DECCA box set.
24th September 2007 06:49 AM
egon can someone tell me why i want this?
24th September 2007 08:54 AM
gimmekeef Like they cant even bother to put on one rarity or live track from the archives?....Stones may be the only band when its all said and done that have more "best ofs" than original lps...
24th September 2007 01:43 PM
pdog
quote:
egon wrote:
can someone tell me why i want this?

you don't...
24th September 2007 01:46 PM
monkey_man
quote:
egon wrote:
can someone tell me why i want this?

You have it already, don't buy it again!
24th September 2007 03:33 PM
glencar I'd buy that!
24th September 2007 04:09 PM
gimmekeef I couldnt be bothered stealing this....And will make sure my friends etc know its not a welcome gift!
24th September 2007 05:22 PM
pdog
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
I couldnt be bothered stealing this....And will make sure my friends etc know its not a welcome gift!

Springsteen, Ramones ect... all being released same day...

If someone gave this Jagger best of... it would be really hard to fake appreciation...
24th September 2007 05:45 PM
Erik_Snow
quote:
AlexKx wrote:
I wish to God that I could see what the sticker says. Thank you for the post and the pictre. It does annoy me how people sometimes post pictures that are too small or what have you. I'm not laying blame as I know it might be out of your control.

"In addition to the standard Digipak format this is a 'Jakebox' which is the same size but when you open it, is Pop-Up."

24th September 2007 08:20 PM
gotdablouse One more reason to buy it, a novel packaging !
25th September 2007 12:58 PM
Gazza
quote:
pdog wrote:

Springsteen, Ramones ect... all being released same day...

If someone gave this Jagger best of... it would be really hard to fake appreciation...

Wrong thread! The "Jagger best of" whingefest is here - http://novogate.com/board/968/239038-1.html

Easy to get mixed up with all thesepointless rereleases I know!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)