ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Madison Square Garden, New York, NY - 13th September 2005
© and thanks to Sue
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bonds Will Not Play In SF Next Year Return to archive
21st September 2007 06:56 PM
pdog Yay!!!
21st September 2007 07:59 PM
fireontheplatter i don't follow this guy much at all. i am surprised his ball sold for that much, what, with all his steroid use and all.

i'll stick with big pappy [poppy] and a rod thank you very much.

love big poppy. he da man
21st September 2007 08:31 PM
glencar Will anyone take him and his steroids?
21st September 2007 08:44 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle Good news is he can still end his career with the Giants.

It'll just have to be the Yomiuri Giants...
21st September 2007 09:19 PM
pdog
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:
Good news is he can still end his career with the Giants.

It'll just have to be the Yomiuri Giants...

Or just retire... his ego!
21st September 2007 10:33 PM
Highwire Rob Can we get him back in Pittsburgh? Roids and all? And bring Bobby Bo out of retirement and give us back our "Killer Bees."

Shit! If we don't do something with our baseball team we'll be tied next year with the Phillies (1933-48) for longest losing season streak.

I'm SO PISSED about this that you know what I'm gonna do? I'm gonna post Dennis Leary's Asshole song in the YouTube thread.

quote:
John Wayne's not dead, hes frozen, and as soon as we find a cure for cancer
Were gonna thaw out the duke and hes gonna be pretty pissed off
You know why,
Have you ever taken a cold shower, well multiply that by 15 million times
Thats how pissed off the dukes gonna be!
I'm gonna get the Duke, and John Cassavetes,
and Lee Marvin, and Sam Peckinpah, and a case of whiskey,
and drive down to Texas and say.....

[Edited by Highwire Rob]
21st September 2007 10:43 PM
pdog Rob, look for him in Detroit if his old coach is still there.
21st September 2007 10:50 PM
Highwire Rob Well, pdog I guess that would be something--in a way--to be reunited with Leyland and Andy Van Slyke!
[Edited by Highwire Rob]
21st September 2007 11:57 PM
robpop
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:
Can we get him back in Pittsburgh? Roids and all? And bring Bobby Bo out of retirement and give us back our "Killer Bees."

Shit! If we don't do something with our baseball team we'll be tied next year with the Phillies (1933-48) for longest losing season streak.

I'm SO PISSED about this that you know what I'm gonna do? I'm gonna post Dennis Leary's Asshole song in the YouTube thread.

[Edited by Highwire Rob]

Where is Wally Backman?
22nd September 2007 12:54 AM
Highwire Rob
quote:
robpop wrote:

Where is Wally Backman?

Now there's a great Oregonian we could use, robpop! Seems he's back to managing the South Georgia Peanuts -- LOL! I love that name
26th September 2007 11:59 AM
pdog last game in SF tonight, looks like the asterisk will be applied to the homerun 756 ball too...
26th September 2007 12:09 PM
Saint Sway I find it difficult to believe that either MLB or the gov't hasnt mounted enough evidence on this guy to kick him out of baseball
26th September 2007 12:12 PM
pdog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I find it difficult to believe that either MLB or the gov't hasnt mounted enough evidence on this guy to kick him out of baseball

Well think about the govt. and how it functions and how much money and efoort it uses to get very little done. Then apply that to MLB or any business... Shit, I'm amazed every day that humans survived this long...
26th September 2007 12:26 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
pdog wrote:

Well think about the govt. and how it functions and how much money and efoort it uses to get very little done.

exactly.

George Mitchell is getting paid millions for an ongoing, open-ended investigation that has turned up nothing.

Oh.. and I'm not supposed to mention this, but Mitchell will quietly slipping into New York city tomorrow to privately meet with a firm about investing $150 million of his "hard earned" cabbage into a Hedge Fund

yay! The do-nothing rich get richer
26th September 2007 01:22 PM
_Boomy_
26th September 2007 10:08 PM
robpop
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:
Can we get him back in Pittsburgh? Roids and all? And bring Bobby Bo out of retirement and give us back our "Killer Bees."

[Edited by Highwire Rob]

In one last act of defiance Barry will return to Pittsburgh to hit his last home run in a visting uniform. Then retire after the game. Just like the legend.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06192/700667-341.stm

Moonie, Highwire Rob, maybe yins can help me out here, but I do not believe there is any historical landmark placed here. Shit, there are tons of lesser events that have historical landmarks placed. Babe's last home run in a huge part of American pop-culture and history.

Anyway that Oakland wop's grandchildren lost out on a ton of money because he donated the ball.
[Edited by robpop]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)