ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Madison Square Garden, New York, NY - 13th September 2005
© and thanks to Sue
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Kings of Leon & BRMC Return to archive
19th September 2007 03:55 PM
Saint Sway TONITE!! At Radio City Music Hall

and

I

am

fucking

psyched
19th September 2007 04:02 PM
Factory Girl I'm on 9/23 at 9:30 club in WDC!
19th September 2007 04:28 PM
doo doo doo Dude Should be a killer show. They both put on rockin' shows.

Wish I could "beeee there..."
19th September 2007 05:16 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
doo doo doo Dude wrote:

Wish I could "beeee there..."

^ nicely done
19th September 2007 05:38 PM
pdog I hope you enjoy it...fucker!
21st September 2007 07:49 AM
Factory Girl I've seen BRMC before and they were underwhelming.

It'll be my 4th time checking out KOL.
21st September 2007 08:07 AM
Lord (Hetero) Like most of my friedns I was real impressed with "Howl" at first. I still like it a lot, but actually prefer the first two albums. I thought "Baby 81" was a letdown, a repetition. And live they are pretty lame.
KOL I have never seen live. Seen them in video. I kept expecting there to be some kind of backing musicians but those young'uns are for real. It's really good writing. IMO they are good band.
21st September 2007 09:20 AM
Honky Tonk Man BRMC are fantastic live. Haven't seen them for years though. Never quite 'got' Kings Of Leon though. Own their first two, but they just don't quite do it for me.
21st September 2007 10:11 AM
_Boomy_ I really like BRMC.

I like KOL, too, but not as much.
24th September 2007 07:58 AM
Mel Belli KOL was great at the 9:30 last night ... BRMC mostly bored me stiff; I perked up only when they played a couple of tunes from "Howl."
26th September 2007 07:29 AM
Factory Girl I think KOL kicked MAJOR ASS!!! Love them!! I only wish they started earlier than 11pm!!

BRMC was a lukewarm snoozeyfest, despite being LOUDER than LOUD. Yikes...

-------------------------

Here's a review from Wash. Post 9/24/07

Kings of Leon

Perhaps because their musical economy owed more to London than Memphis, the Kings of Leon's version of Americana initially attracted more attention in Europe than the United States. But stateside audiences have caught up with the neoclassical-rock quartet, which is based in Nashville but doesn't sound like it. The group now has a large enough local following that its Sunday night gig at the 9:30 club was just the first of two sold-out shows.

The cover of the band's latest album, "Because of the Times," features a shattered light bulb, and several large photos of intact bulbs formed the stage backdrop. If the image symbolized a new idea, the Kings are still working their original one: Keep it simple, bro. The four kindred musicians -- three siblings and cousin -- played more than 20 songs in less than 90 minutes, keeping guitar solos short and between-song patter shorter.

Front man Caleb Followill moved briskly from tune to tune, and backup vocals were usually restricted to single-syllable outbursts. The multiple "ohs" of "True Love Way" were the evening's most baroque vocal arrangement.

While the Kings' efficiency is usually welcome, the 9:30 performance was a little too tightly wound. The live rendition of "Knocked Up," a pulsating lament that's the new album's longest track, actually seemed shorter than the recorded version. The band did step back and let the crowd sing a bit of "On Call," a low-pomp power ballad, but then it was on to the next stripped-down rocker.

-- Mark Jenkins

26th September 2007 11:20 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
I think KOL kicked MAJOR ASS!!! Love them!! I only wish they started earlier than 11pm!!

-------------------------

Here's a review from Wash. Post 9/24/07

Kings of Leon

Perhaps because their musical economy owed more to London than Memphis, the Kings of Leon's version of Americana initially attracted more attention in Europe than the United States. But stateside audiences have caught up with the neoclassical-rock quartet, which is based in Nashville but doesn't sound like it. The group now has a large enough local following that its Sunday night gig at the 9:30 club was just the first of two sold-out shows.

The cover of the band's latest album, "Because of the Times," features a shattered light bulb, and several large photos of intact bulbs formed the stage backdrop. If the image symbolized a new idea, the Kings are still working their original one: Keep it simple, bro. The four kindred musicians -- three siblings and cousin -- played more than 20 songs in less than 90 minutes, keeping guitar solos short and between-song patter shorter.

Front man Caleb Followill moved briskly from tune to tune, and backup vocals were usually restricted to single-syllable outbursts. The multiple "ohs" of "True Love Way" were the evening's most baroque vocal arrangement.

While the Kings' efficiency is usually welcome, the 9:30 performance was a little too tightly wound. The live rendition of "Knocked Up," a pulsating lament that's the new album's longest track, actually seemed shorter than the recorded version. The band did step back and let the crowd sing a bit of "On Call," a low-pomp power ballad, but then it was on to the next stripped-down rocker.

-- Mark Jenkins

I was annoyed by the late start, too - especially on a school night. I must be getting old.
26th September 2007 12:03 PM
Factory Girl
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

I was annoyed by the late start, too - especially on a school night. I must be getting old.

OMG--we left early to make the last metro--after 4 no passengers trains-arrived Fort Totten 1 am--Red Line METRO SHUT DOWN-stuck at FORT TOTTEN waiting for a cab for 1/2 hour--end up sharing a cab with 2 people from Ethiopia---end up paying $30 for cab ride home--bed time 3AM--PRICELESS.
26th September 2007 12:20 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:

OMG--we left early to make the last metro--after 4 no passengers trains-arrived Fort Totten 1 am--Red Line METRO SHUT DOWN-stuck at FORT TOTTEN waiting for a cab for 1/2 hour--end up sharing a cab with 2 people from Ethiopia---end up paying $30 for cab ride home--bed time 3AM--PRICELESS.

Since you're a Stonesian, I'll share my parking secret: In front of Howard University Hospital on 7th Street; I've never been let down.
26th September 2007 01:25 PM
_Boomy_
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
I think KOL kicked MAJOR ASS!!! Love them!! I only wish they started earlier than 11pm!!

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)