ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Madison Square Garden, New York, NY - 13th September 2005
© and thanks to Sue
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Death Proof - QT Return to archive
19th September 2007 10:30 AM
Lord (Hetero) I saw that new film by QT yesterday. Man I love that shit. That's excatly what I was thinking about : "Vanishing Point", "French Connection".
QT is such a purist and wants to pay homage to the genres he loves. I'm sure many, many of the tributes and puns are lost on me, but I definetly can appreciate the crackling on the creen, the odd jumps from scene to scene. The lapdance sequence alone is brilliant. I would be unfair to give anything away, but the first big bang was one of the wildest things I have ever seen.
19th September 2007 10:42 AM
BILL PERKS I LOVED IT
19th September 2007 12:47 PM
Gimme Shelter It was a cool flick. Got the DVD yesterday and also saw it in the theaters.
19th September 2007 01:13 PM
Lord (Hetero) I am confused about the "Grindcore" connect. I thoght they were putting Rodriguez and QT's flic's out together. But it is only Death Proof.
19th September 2007 01:50 PM
Gimme Shelter They are releasing Planet Terror separately on October 16th.

[Edited by Gimme Shelter]
19th September 2007 02:07 PM
lotsajizz it almost redeemed Kurt Russell...btw, I'm holdin' out for "Werewolf Women of the SS", directed by Rob Zombie
19th September 2007 02:36 PM
Gazza
quote:
Lord (Hetero) wrote:
I am confused about the "Grindcore" connect. I thoght they were putting Rodriguez and QT's flic's out together. But it is only Death Proof.

'Grindhouse'

They did that a few months ago, but in yet another indictment of what an idiotic society we live in, the audiences didnt 'understand' the concept.
19th September 2007 04:25 PM
mrhipfl I enjoyed planet terror more. Death proof got boring with all the dialogue.
19th September 2007 05:56 PM
pdog
quote:
Gazza wrote:

They did that a few months ago, but in yet another indictment of what an idiotic society we live in, the audiences didnt 'understand' the concept.

The guys I act for are keeping me very hip to this whole scene...
Thx for the info... movies are now in my netflix cue!
19th September 2007 07:46 PM
Trey Krimsin I need to get this movie. I wish it was packaged with Planet Terror so you can watch both in one night with a bag of popcorn, a couple brews, and a lot of exploding shit. That's entertainment, baby!
19th September 2007 08:00 PM
lotsajizz "it's a no brainer"
19th September 2007 10:01 PM
Bloozehound it's almost fuckin crime that they aren't releasing this on DVD the way it was shown in the theatres

19th September 2007 11:34 PM
Trey Krimsin I'm sure they will eventually. Of course, it will be released after everyone's bought both Planet Terror and Death Proof separately.
20th September 2007 02:25 PM
Lord (Hetero) 'Grindhouse' - of course Gazza. Had the rock'n roll on the brain.
They should have put them out together. That was part of the idea; the package.
The only thing I didn't like about DP was what someone else also mentioned: that dman dialogue; The vintage QT dialogue. He lays it on so heavy, that it really comes off as someon else, a cinema student maybe, doing a Tarantino type screenplay. The second half setup sequence; with Kim, Zoe...man was that contrived.
And QT, besides giving quoting many film of the genre, has also started giving shoutouts to himself. Zoe was quoting Jules Winfield from Pulp Fiction.
22nd September 2007 11:05 PM
_Boomy_ I really like the soundtrack.
23rd September 2007 07:15 AM
Lord (Hetero) The Q hasn't put a bad soundtrack out yet. Matter of fact I discovered "Chocolate Milk" through him and the lovescene in "True Romance"
24th September 2007 06:30 AM
corgi37 They still havent released it here in Oz. I think they dont know what to do with it.

But i know i'd prefer Planet Terror.
24th September 2007 06:52 AM
egon i hated kill bill 1 & 2.
what a load of crap that was.
based on the above info, will i like planet terror and/or death proof..?
24th September 2007 07:26 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
egon wrote:
i hated kill bill 1 & 2.
what a load of crap that was.
based on the above info, will i like planet terror and/or death proof..?

????

based on the above, you would not like either
24th September 2007 10:05 AM
egon didn't think so. thanks!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)