ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Madison Square Garden, New York, NY - 13th September 2005
© and thanks to Sue
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: No plans for a STONES tour next spring Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
18th September 2007 06:54 PM
cabledogg2 Why would the band tour to premote a movie that will be out of the theaters and into the dvd stores in 2 weeks time. btw is there going to be a movie soundtrack? that would be cool...........
18th September 2007 07:50 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Gazza wrote:

No. Its happening.

Gazza has spoken!
So it is written, so it shall be done!
18th September 2007 07:51 PM
LadyJane
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

Gazza has spoken!
So it is written, so it shall be done!

So we shall do what we must to see another show!!

LJ.
18th September 2007 07:55 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
cabledogg2 wrote:
Why would the band tour to promote a movie that will be out of the theaters and into the dvd stores in 2 weeks time?

Because the like to perform their music and make lotsa money?
18th September 2007 08:10 PM
oldkr the "tour" is on. Since when has mick announced a tour on his own in a soundbite on a NY radio station.....

OLDKR
[Edited by oldkr]
18th September 2007 09:26 PM
pdog
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

too funny does not do this pic justice!
18th September 2007 09:32 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Bitch wrote:
On a NY radio interview I just heard 5 minutes ago, the interviewer asked MICK if the STONES had any plans for another tour. MICK said they have NO PLANS for another tour, and even though people are saying more shows next spring, they have nothing in the works. This was answered in MICK's own voice, I recognized it.

Crap. Nothing in the spring. Dont you think if it were to happen they would already be planning it? Wishful thinking by the fan's. It's all rumors.

In January 2002 Mick denied the Licks tour in the AOL chat but in Being Mick you can see the band meeting in June/July 2001 and Mick in the limo talking about a new tour "next year". He won't talk until 2008.
18th September 2007 10:12 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

In January 2002 Mick denied the Licks tour in the AOL chat but in Being Mick you can see the band meeting in June/July 2001 and Mick in the limo talking about a new tour "next year". He won't talk until 2008.

"No plans" is a euphemism for "I haven't paid anyone yet."
18th September 2007 10:17 PM
robpop
quote:
Gazza wrote:

No. Its happening. He's not going to announce something thats still only in the early planning stages.

Not wishful thinking at all.

Thanks for clearing that up. Our fishing trip is going great. Thank you Gazza for the well wishes for our trip. We caught plenty of trout. I caught a huge brwon trout that is one for the books. I got to get over to your country to fish for brown trout in their native waters. Pull some strings and get a Stones show there so I can kill two birds with one stone (pun intended).
[Edited by robpop]
18th September 2007 11:14 PM
sweetcharmedlife
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

"No plans" is a euphemism for "I haven't paid anyone yet."

No it's a euphemism for "No one's paid me yet."
18th September 2007 11:19 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
sweetcharmedlife wrote:

No it's a euphemism for "No one's paid me yet."

That too.
19th September 2007 01:09 AM
CHIEFMOON Just a little heads up.

Left Shoe Shuffle has used one of my images in an unacceptable manner.

IT DAMN WELL NEEDS TO BE REMOVED AND AN APOLOGY ISSUED.

19th September 2007 03:00 AM
Zack Why, because it's funny?
19th September 2007 03:11 AM
CHIEFMOON
quote:
Zack wrote:
Why, because it's funny?

I'll make this real simple.

It's an unauthorized use of a copyrighted image.
The poster has no permission to use the photograph in this or any other manner.
19th September 2007 07:34 AM
Left Shoe Shuffle My apologies, CM.
19th September 2007 02:32 PM
CHIEFMOON
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:
My apologies, CM.

Thank you, apology accepted.
19th September 2007 07:55 PM
glencar I was gonna ask "Where's Bitch?" but I think we've found a new one!
19th September 2007 08:30 PM
Bitch
quote:
glencar wrote:
I was gonna ask "Where's Bitch?" but I think we've found a new one!

Ha ha ha! I'm NOT a Bitch, my favorite song is Bitch! Glad we cleared that up!

So was MICK just saying 'no spring tour' because no one's been paid yet? That seems to be a half-truth but I can see a tiny bit of logic there. If nothing has been signed, it's not official, so it's just talk at this point.
19th September 2007 08:52 PM
mojoman
quote:
pdog wrote:

I'd love for you to see it too. But for me, it would be the polar opposite of what it is for you...

some things that i dont want to see in my life......

bongiovani
the view
mick solo
19th September 2007 08:54 PM
TomL See everyone at Walters.

Or Kingston Mines in Chicago.

Or Tattle-tales in Ft. Lauderdale........
19th September 2007 09:00 PM
pdog
quote:
TomL wrote:
See everyone at Walters.

Or Kingston Mines in Chicago.

Or Tattle-tales in Ft. Lauderdale........

You guys wanna see Me, you better make it out west... we need a west coast summit.... It's not like SF is some crummy city like Philly or AC... It's one of the best in the world... I'll know how much you guys love me, when The Stones play here again...
19th September 2007 09:12 PM
TomL Take care of the foot work P and we will be there. I have never been to SF and would like to see. Sounds good to me. The Steelers will win this weekend.
20th September 2007 12:12 AM
glencar
quote:
Bitch wrote:

Ha ha ha! I'm NOT a Bitch, my favorite song is Bitch! Glad we cleared that up!

So was MICK just saying 'no spring tour' because no one's been paid yet? That seems to be a half-truth but I can see a tiny bit of logic there. If nothing has been signed, it's not official, so it's just talk at this point.

I KNOW you're not a bitch!
20th September 2007 04:54 AM
bilsim LJs suggestion makes alot of sense, I reckon Mick would rather go on a solo tour to promote his best of album, because let's face it, it looks like a clay pigeon if there's not some serious promotion behind it.
20th September 2007 07:16 AM
gotdablouse Either way this thing isn't going to sell. He couldn't be bothered to tour behind the fabulous WS in 1993, he won't tour behind that crappy collection!

quote:
mojoman wrote:
gazza does a spring tour in the states mean you will come out of retirement?

Dunno about Gazza, but if there are arenas in the Spring in the US, I'll break the "stones mega concert retirement program" I started in November 2002 and get on the first plane from Europe!
20th September 2007 07:19 AM
Gazza I think by now Mick has noticed that his solo albums dont sell a lot - if he hasnt promoted the previous ones with a tour, he'll hardly do it with this one. No airplay at all in the US for 'Charmed life' last week doesnt suggest theres much interest.

If he was going to tour, you'd have heard about it by now.
20th September 2007 02:41 PM
gimmekeef Surprised he didnt stoop to havin some guest appearances with Kanye Pest...Titney...Assuleura...Poop Dog...Enema...Kid Crock...or Sheryl Blows.....
20th September 2007 06:05 PM
Gazza
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Surprised he didnt stoop to havin some guest appearances with Kanye Pest...Titney...Assuleura...Poop Dog...Enema...Kid Crock...or Sheryl Blows.....

....you've been spending too much time on the 'you know what' thread....!
20th September 2007 06:07 PM
glencar I thought his new name was "Kid Pebble"? I liked that quite a bit!
20th September 2007 06:26 PM
Joey " I thought his new name was "Kid Pebble"? I liked that quite a bit! "

Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)