ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Madison Square Garden, New York, NY - 13th September 2005
© and thanks to Sue
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Genesis Return to archive Page: 1 2
9th September 2007 01:13 PM
Lavendar I LOVED the GENESIS concert Last night in BUFFALO. They gave A Wonderful Performance and the sounds were Rite ON the Money- Stopped dancin for only 1 song,
IT WAS GREAT!
The Light show...
It was Nice seeing Phil Collins and the band AGAIN! after so many years, I saw them in the ??80-tees ....
LONG LIVE ROCK N ROLL *****
9th September 2007 01:17 PM
fireontheplatter glad you enjoyed your show. the classic rock and roll station here is giving away tickets to the albany show all weekend long. all one has to do is be caller #9 when the dj says so.
9th September 2007 01:18 PM
fireontheplatter an oh...did they perform any of their older songs?
9th September 2007 01:22 PM
Throwaway Mick would have to release 5 albums of "Charmed Life"s to be at the level of Phil Collins' solo career.
9th September 2007 01:27 PM
Bloozehound Did Phil Collins go..

I can feel it
Coming in the air tonight
Oh Lord
I've been waiting for this moment
For all my life
Oh Lord!

9th September 2007 01:42 PM
bilsim Genesis are boring! They are dreadful. Anybody who can appreciate how good the Rolling Stones are yet likes Genesis has serious problems. Genesis make me lose faith in the human race. Although I do like Match of the day.
9th September 2007 01:43 PM
Lavendar I'm Just Glad I didn't Miss this concert.(*_*)
They played many songs that air on the Radio, 97 Rock fm here in Buffalo gave away tickets all week too. Ya might as well say The Concert was "SOLD OUT".
It felt So Good to Rock with a Full House.
I copped an attitude after seein the Stones, Its Like Noone could compare to such a High Energy Performance, I'm comin back. LOL
Springsteen Next...
9th September 2007 01:49 PM
fireontheplatter wind and wuthering and trick of the tail and selling england by the pound are great old genesis records, i think anyway.
9th September 2007 01:53 PM
pdog Was this really the only thing going on in Buffalo? There had to be a Beatles cover band playing somewhere... This is a joke right!
9th September 2007 01:56 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
pdog wrote:
Was this really the only thing going on in Buffalo? There had to be a Beatles cover band playing somewhere... This is a joke right!

obviously, you've never been to barfalo.

buffalo is no laughing matter mister.
9th September 2007 02:08 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
bilsim wrote:
Genesis are boring! They are dreadful. Anybody who can appreciate how good the Rolling Stones are yet likes Genesis has serious problems. Genesis make me lose faith in the human race. Although I do like Match of the day.

The Genesis 1971-1974 (with Steve Hackett and Peter Gabriel) era is NOT boring, in fact is pretty good, really great, is like being in heaven I experienced those records high on acid and wow the magic's on the air, I experienced them live and it's a great show, my last show of Genesis was at the Nassau Colosseum back in 1981 and was a great great show even without Steve and Peter

After Peter left there are some good albums like Trick of the Tail, Wind amd Wuthering, And Then There Were Three, Duke and Genesis (S/T) not as good as the previous but at least ok. However for those who know Genesis because of their radio hits, trust me they don't reflect what a great band they were during the eraly 70s
9th September 2007 02:11 PM
pdog
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

The Genesis 1971-1974 (with Steve Hackett and Peter Gabriel) era is NOT boring, in fact is pretty good, really great, is like being in heaven I experienced those records high on acid and wow the magic's on the air, I experienced them live and it's a great show, my last show of Genesis was at the Nassau Colosseum back in 1981 and was a great great show even without Steve and Peter

After Peter left there are some good albums like Trick of the Tail, Wind amd Wuthering, And Then There Were Three, Duke and Genesis (S/T) not as good as the previous but at least ok. However for those who know Genesis because of their radio hits, trust me they don't reflect what a great band they were during the eraly 70s

I too liked the early stuff and Gabriels solo stuff early on, but what they bacame, is on par with the lameness of The Eagles and Journey IMO.
9th September 2007 02:21 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Yes, they turned into shit, their creativity became lower than my dog's barking

The same destiny of many bands that were great in the late 60s and early 70s and then became clowns or very pop or extremmely commercial-orinted groups like Fleetwood Mac, Chicago, Genesis, Jefferson Airplane, and some other I can't remember now that were really great in the early days

9th September 2007 02:22 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
pdog wrote:

I too liked the early stuff and Gabriels solo stuff early on, but what they bacame, is on par with the lameness of The Eagles and Journey IMO.

and todays, Chicago
9th September 2007 03:48 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle Genesis lost me a long time ago.
Current setlist - apparently the same every night - looks OK, though.
Healthy dollop of vintage stuff.

Behind The Lines / Duke’s End
Turn It On Again
No Son Of Mine
Land Of Confusion
In The Cage / The Cinema Show / Duke’s Travels
Afterglow
Hold On My Heart
Home By The Sea
Follow You Follow Me
Firth Of Fifth / I Know What I Like
Mama
Ripples
Throwing It All Away
Domino
Drum Duet
Los Endos
Tonight Tonight Tonight (intro)
Invisible Touch

I Can’t Dance
The Carpet Crawlers

themusic.com will also be releasing soundboards from each of the shows on the North American Tour.
9th September 2007 03:55 PM
Bloozehound The more I think of it, Genesis has got to be one of the most boring overrated bands of all time

No 3 chord rockers
No hot chicks
No drunkeness
No drugs
No arrests for lewd conduct
No murders
No Diamond Dave style assless chaps
No nothing, but bland synthesizer, Mtv videos

Fuck them, fuck them up the ass
9th September 2007 03:58 PM
fireontheplatter why am i all of a sudden whistleing the song invisable touch.

damn that left right shoe guy
9th September 2007 04:00 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
The more I think of it, Genesis has got to be one of the most boring overrated bands of all time

No 3 chord rockers
No hot chicks
No drunkeness
No drugs
No arrests for lewd conduct
No murders
No Diamond Dave style assless chaps
No nothing, but bland synthesizer, Mtv videos

Fuck them, fuck them up the ass

LOL
9th September 2007 04:34 PM
MRD8 I have a 2DVD proshot of their show in Dusseldorf on June 27, 2007...they play exactly the same setlist as that Buffalo concert...to me it'd be a LOT better if they left off those Phil Collins songs! They have virtually NO stage precense at all...some great music though! On the DVD's it appears Phil reads the lyrics off of a paper he is holding rather than a teleprompter.
9th September 2007 04:51 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
MRD8 wrote:
I have a 2DVD proshot of their show in Dusseldorf on June 27, 2007...they play exactly the same setlist as that Buffalo concert...to me it'd be a LOT better if they left off those Phil Collins songs! They have virtually NO stage precense at all...some great music though! On the DVD's it appears Phil reads the lyrics off of a paper he is holding rather than a teleprompter.

WOW!!!

no shit...true story?

9th September 2007 05:58 PM
MRD8 Sad but true...
9th September 2007 10:27 PM
robpop Collins fucked this band up. They palyed here in Pittsburgh tonight. Obvivously, I was not in attendance.
[Edited by robpop]
9th September 2007 10:44 PM
mojoman
quote:
robpop wrote:
Collins fucked this band up. They palyed here in Pittsburgh tonight. Obvivously, I was not in attendance.
[Edited by robpop]

when the lead singer and guitarist leave how many other bands could survive let alone thrive?
9th September 2007 11:08 PM
Bovine49
quote:
bilsim wrote:
Genesis are boring! They are dreadful. Anybody who can appreciate how good the Rolling Stones are yet likes Genesis has serious problems. Genesis make me lose faith in the human race. Although I do like Match of the day.

Agreed. Peter Gabriel and Phil Collins suck dead green donkey dicks.
10th September 2007 07:19 AM
lotsajizz Genesis is despicable
10th September 2007 08:46 AM
Mr Jurkka Dam when i could get to their concert when they were in helsinki! .. Genesis is good, you bitches!!
10th September 2007 10:02 AM
kovach What a crap tour schedule, unless you live in NE USA or SW (Denver being the lone exception), you pretty much have to travel a good distance to see them.

Check out this map of tour dates:

http://www.genesis-news.com/genesis/live/tourdates_north_america_2007.html

I'd love to see them again, but not at that cost (considering ticket price, travel cost, etc.).

Looks like a great setlist though (minus 3-4 songs). Although ending the regular set and starting the encore with such pure pop is a bit disheartening to see.
10th September 2007 10:43 AM
LastChild phil collins is quite possibly the most boring man to ever bring music to this earth...except for that james blunt jackoff.
10th September 2007 10:52 AM
Barney Fife
quote:
LastChild wrote:
phil collins is quite possibly the most boring man to ever bring music to this earth...except for that james blunt jackoff.

How about Kenny fuckin' G?
10th September 2007 10:58 AM
_Boomy_ Giants Stadium?

WTF?
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)