ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks Throbby
Hershey Park Stadium, Hershey, PA - October 1st, 2005
© 2005 Throbby!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Angel Girl Return to archive
September 30th, 2005 09:53 AM
Calculon I noticed that this song was debunked below by the same person who debunked it on Dime.

Any particular reason you are so skeptical?

The song uses a phrase or two from songs after GHS and uses a few bits that sound like they may have been themes seen on GHS. It also sounds eirily like Mick from Through the Lonely Nights and Do You Really Want To Be My Friend and Tops. Most importantly it seems to rely very heavily on Memory Motel. It has 5 or 6 prase and lyric connections.

Its probably a very early version of what became Memory Motel (lyrically). Just following Ockham, it seems much more likely that its a canned Stones song from late 1973 that never in any way shape or form saw the light of day until now. Afterall, that happens with many bands. Just because the fans don't know the song exists doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Or you could follow the conspiracy theory view that someone with a killer band recorded a perfectly sounding song that fits perfectly in the late 1973 mold. A band that can write a song, play leads that sound exactly like Mick Taylor, sing exactly like Mick Jagger, and write great lyrics. Oh yeah, and we didn't land on the moon. If this is not the Stones, its a waste of a song because it can be slightly tweaked and not have any lyrical hints of other later Stones songs.

Maybe its just me, but the debunker seems really trying to supress this song rather than debunk it? Might it be that it wasn't supposed to get out and it did? Maybe he's the one who wasn't supposed to let it out.

I'm open to the fact that it might be a fake, but it never occurred to me in a month that I've gotten significant other music from other bands that "doesn't exist" that someone with a great band would waste time writing fakes.

For all who haven't heard Angel Girl, here are the lyrics:

Baby, you're an angel.
Your sparkling eyes so bright
Your wings in time fill me with happiness
Dry the tears out of my mind
Angel Girl, Angel Girl,
Angel Girl was a peachy kind of baby.
Angel Girl, Angel Girl,

Oh, lonely winters
when I was sitting by the fire
lost between the pages of our mind
while your angel lies aside (??)
Angel Girl, Angel Girl,
Angel Girl, Angel Girl,

(Taylor sounding solo)

Had to try to reach a lady
Man the gold gold feels today (????)
You were my pretty angel
I'm on your sidewalk waiting..break of day (???)
Angel Girl, Angel Girl,
Angel Girl, Angel Girl,

Yeah lost in a landscape of our dream
so faraway alone
life between the pages of my mind
What these angel eyes in my mind?

Oh your my woman
You're an angel girl.

Possible references:
Memory Motel "peachy kind of.." "lonely winters/ lonely nights" "tears our of my mind / drink you off my mind"

Stuck out all alone "Saw you on the sidewalk"
Through the Lonely Nights / Winter "lonely winters"
Zip Mouth Angel - has the words angel and baby

I'm sure there are others. The word baby and angel come up in alot of songs.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)