ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks Throbby
Hershey Park Stadium, Hershey, PA - October 1st, 2005
© 2005 Throbby!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: How about the Neil Young new album? Return to archive
September 29th, 2005 02:04 PM
Jair As usual, not released yet here.
Anyone already heard it "Prairie Wind"?
Comments, please!!! (I dont trust RS mag...)
is it a good album?

[Edited by Jair]
September 29th, 2005 02:30 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Jair wrote:

is it a good album?

of course it is.

I havent even heard it yet. But I already know it good.

why?

cuz its Neil Youngs take on the 3rd chapter of the Harvest albums.

so you know its not gonna suck.

its gonna be Neil doing his folkie/country thing. Its a must buy.

god bless Neil Young
September 29th, 2005 03:06 PM
Jair
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
god bless Neil Young

Amém!

Love him.
Neil is my fave artist, along with the Stones.
Did you see that DVD that came along with Greenland, & which show him singing, alone, in Ireland?
FANTASTIC!

September 29th, 2005 03:20 PM
Sir Stonesalot It's very good, if you like Neil's solo acoustic country/folk music. There's none better at it than Neil...except for Dylan, of course.

If you are more into Neil's feedback drenched Crazy Horse kick ass rock n roll music...this ain't the album for you.

It's a very mellow, Sunday morning type of album. It certainly has it's place. But it's not something that I'll have in heavy rotation.

September 29th, 2005 03:24 PM
Jair Hey, many thanks, Sir!
I love all Neil Young albums, except that one w/ eletronic stuff.

Well, and the new one, any similarity to Harvest Moon?
September 29th, 2005 05:21 PM
MRD8 The new Neil CD will remind you of Harvest Moon...very laid back stuff for the most part...the DVD that comes with it shows him recording the album...it is very interesting too!
September 29th, 2005 05:33 PM
Saint Sway so I should pony up and get the cd w/bonus dvd combo?
September 29th, 2005 06:07 PM
Gazza Its better and more consistent than Harvest Moon IMO

A bit pissed off though that I bought the thing about 30 minutes after it was released only to read later that theyre gonna release the version with the DVD. Why not at the same time? Nothin' like encouraging your fanbase who'll rush out to buy it...grrrr
September 30th, 2005 12:23 AM
Starbuck
quote:
Gazza hummed:

"Its better and more consistent than Harvest Moon IMO

A bit pissed off though that I bought the thing about 30 minutes after it was released only to read later that theyre gonna release the version with the DVD. Why not at the same time? Nothin' like encouraging your fanbase who'll rush out to buy it...grrrr"

gazza, do you really think so? it is a good, solid album, but harvest moon was something special..."natural beauty" still gives me goosebumps.

i liken prairie wind to silver and gold, but not quite as good. of course, i am sure it will grow on me.

September 30th, 2005 12:38 AM
T&A
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
It's a very mellow, Sunday morning type of album. It certainly has it's place. But it's not something that I'll have in heavy rotation.

will it be in your heavy rotation on Sunday mornings?
September 30th, 2005 12:40 AM
T&A gazza - the dvd version is already out in the US....not that helps you at all - but just to rub it in a bit I guess...
September 30th, 2005 01:16 AM
texile i love this man - he is the real thing.....
he personifies authenticity.
September 30th, 2005 07:46 AM
Gazza
quote:
Starbuck wrote:

gazza, do you really think so? it is a good, solid album, but harvest moon was something special..."natural beauty" still gives me goosebumps.

I do, yeah. I think some parts of Harvest Moon are excellent but theres a few "ho-hum" songs on it. I find that to be the case with pretty much all of Neil's albums since "Ragged Glory". Until this one, that is. I like Harvest Moon but I've always found it to be a bit over-rated as far as Neil's albums go.

Maybe the high points on this one arent (on the first few listens) as fabulous as the two or three gems that are on Harvest Moon or Silver & Gold but I think its more consistent than both and with much less filler.
September 30th, 2005 08:55 AM
Jair
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Its better and more consistent than Harvest Moon IMO

A bit pissed off though that I bought the thing about 30 minutes after it was released only to read later that theyre gonna release the version with the DVD. Why not at the same time? Nothin' like encouraging your fanbase who'll rush out to buy it...grrrr

Hey Gazza, I thought they use to do this kind of thing only here...More than once I did the same mistake...

Sometimes, anyway, I get trade in the local stores the CD for the CD+DVD.

Now, when I buy from amazon or other virtual stores its sux, really!

Thanks for the comments about the record.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)