ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks Throbby
Hershey Park Stadium, Hershey, PA - October 1st, 2005
© 2005 Throbby!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Reports coming from Pittsburgh show......from Ian Return to archive
September 28th, 2005 10:31 PM
IanBillen My friend just called me and gave me the skinny on the shows start.

***The Stones did Wild Horses with Eddie Vedar as a guest on stage doing vocals.***

He said the stadium looks sold out to him and he is in the nose-bleeds. NOW MIND YOU, it may only appear to be all the way full from how it is arranged in conjunction or due to his view as well. He said for sure it is NOT a bust at all in any way. He says the stadium appears all filled in his eyes (again weather it is actually all sold out is very questionable but he is a reliable source so it must of at least sold well this last week).

He says they sound great and the stage, although very basic, is HUGE. He says Charlie is loud as hell even from where he is (bless Charlie's heart huh). He says the lighting is purposely more basic yet very solid thus far. He says the songs are played very basic as well seeminingly in conjunction with the vibe surrounding this album and tour.

No dissapointment at all thus far according to him.

He also says they are playing much lessed choreographed and are spontaneous in their playing this time out as opposed to The tours from 89 till now.

Rocks off was also played and Keith was doing Infamy allthough he mentioned they are only five songs in? Seems early for Keith to be up so maybe they are changing it up again from recent tours.

Ian

[Edited by IanBillen]
September 28th, 2005 10:36 PM
Riffhard
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

Rocks off was also played and Keith was doing Infamy allthough he mentioned they are only five songs in? Seems early for Keith to be up so maybe they are changing it up again from recent tours.

Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]

Keith's set started at song #9 right after Night Time,and he did The Worst before Infamy. Again. It's high time Keef started to change his set up a bit.

Riffhard
September 29th, 2005 12:42 AM
HardKnoxDurtySox
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Keith's set started at song #9 right after Night Time,and he did The Worst before Infamy. Again. It's high time Keef started to change his set up a bit.

Riffhard

I was pleasantly surprised by how Infamy sounded live. Could surely use Mick's harp though, but, I guess that's too much to ask these days.
September 29th, 2005 04:53 AM
wgwalsh Mr. Ian:

Where do the boys go in Pittsburgh ?

Was Bernard hitting the watering holes ? How is he looking these days. Too much time in the gym or the cookie jar ?

How about Chuckie Baby ? Did he make himself available to the fans before or after the gig ? What do you think of him being in the group after the Allman Brothers? I think
that you owe it to yourself to make a journey down south for one of his hunting trips at the Charlane Plantation. You two would become great mates. I am sure that he is always in need of someone with your special skills, honesty and loyalty. Especially returning emails in timely fashion.

Heard Darryl Jones has been dropping some weight. Are you helping him ?

September 29th, 2005 08:45 AM
IanBillen [quote]wgwalsh wrote:
Mr. Ian:

Where do the boys go in Pittsburgh ?

Was Bernard hitting the watering holes ? How is he looking these days. Too much time in the gym or the cookie jar ?

How about Chuckie Baby ? Did he make himself available to the fans before or after the gig ? What do you think of him being in the group after the Allman Brothers? I think
that you owe it to yourself to make a journey down south for one of his hunting trips at the Charlane Plantation. You two would become great mates. I am sure that he is always in need of someone with your special skills, honesty and loyalty. Especially returning emails in timely fashion.

Heard Darryl Jones has been dropping some weight. Are you helping him ?

Oh good brother William, how greatly I speaketh of thee.

I am truly sorry about the e-mail situation but I did mail you and ask you your take on ABB. However just because I was incopetent electronically does not mean Mr. Billen for got of Mr. Bill. I never forget a true friend.

I can only pass along info on reports from a friend I have in Pittsburgh. I am still in AZ.

In his words The Stones were "right on the money" (I'll bet at those ticket prices eh, snicker.... snicker). Anyway he said it wsas a great show and he has not a single complaint. He said they looked and sounded great.

Daryl has been eating too much peanut butter as usual. If he and Lisa don't watch it we may have to make an infomercial about them. As for Chucky he is still screwin stumpy the tree.

By the way, How do you rate ABB? Out with it. I, and many, realize the private person that you are demand an exception this time. Do come out of character and tell us your take on the new album.

Ian, and Rocks Off awaits.

Ian
September 29th, 2005 09:48 AM
Moonisup Keith needs to change his set, BAD!
September 29th, 2005 10:10 AM
blackandblue
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
Keith needs to change his set, BAD!

No way. Keith does a great job. Not Happy and Before the make me run (although classic songs) for the 10.000th time.
September 29th, 2005 10:36 AM
Moonisup
quote:
blackandblue wrote:

No way. Keith does a great job. Not Happy and Before the make me run (although classic songs) for the 10.000th time.

nearness will work great, thief, you win again, little T & A

I liked it when he switched his songs every night in europe
September 29th, 2005 10:50 AM
jb Keith has no ability to play anything other than Infamy and The Worst at this point....very lame and a real snore fest for an otherwise great concert.
September 29th, 2005 11:02 AM
Highwire Rob Great Show! The weather at PNC held up for us beautifully--at one point the wind off the Allegheny River stirred up as if on queue for Mick's Sympathy for the Devil. To hear "She's So Cold" and "Get Off of My Cloud": "Nightime Is the Right Time" was performed flawlessly by Mick & Lisa.

I waited hours outside the Renaissance hotel to catch a glimpse of the band's soundcheck journey. The first to enter any van was Chuck but he really didn't make any effort to greet us fans who called out his name at the entrance. He looked a bit stunned and was soon whisked away.

I had never before seen any of these musicians up close and I have to say how wonderful Lisa Fisher is! We called out her name as she was crossing the exit to the van. She came over and signed autographs, smiling, gracious, and beautiful as ever!

Bernard and Daryll followed out to the same van and exchanged warm waves.

But the most amazing was Blondie! He just casually walked out and straight through our crowd to his ride around the corner. What a stand up performer, just like Lisa he chatted on his way and signed autographs.

Then a black limo was positioned and Charlie briskly entered, but smiled and greeted us all. Charlie! The grin, the dress, the way he comports himself to the limo--a true English gentleman.

Here's the funny part: Our crowd at the Renaissance was well behaved and relatively small I'm guessing to what the Stone's can sometimes still encounter. Security was keeping us at a distance without any ropes. But boy did Keith and Ronnie dart out of there like all hell broke loose!! They sprinted a diagonal at the same time and poor Ronnie had the worst of it--before he got in his van he was pretty close to some encroaching fans. LOL, does Keith use Ronnie as a sort of deflecting pick? Is that what you get for being the last Stone to join? I could just barely make out Keith returning our waves and thumbs up from behind his tinted Keefmobile.

It turned out that Mick had given us the slip and gone out of a side door. Does he do that often? 10 to 15 minutes later even the hotel/security staff were telling us that they were all gone--but a veteran lady in the crowd told me it's not unheard of for security to say things like that just to disperse fans. Well, this time they told the truth and I felt pretty duped when the sound of Mick and crew started booming out of PNC Park across the Roberto Clemente bridge!

I had so much fun. To actually be able to call out their names with fellow fans and get their positive response is a priceless moment for me. I already knew how good the support singers sounded, but to experience their fan friendliness was icing on the cake. I'll even give Chuck credit for playing in a damn good performance!

But I thought that inflatable tongue was actually going to go airborne. The bouncing gob could have scooped down, lapped up Chuck and then floated him triumphantly over PNC Park and the three rivers.

--Highwire Rob.
[Edited by Highwire Rob]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)