ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks Throbby
Hershey Park Stadium, Hershey, PA - October 1st, 2005
© 2005 Throbby!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: (NSC- sorry) what your fave blade shave? Return to archive
September 28th, 2005 01:26 PM
Jair I LOVE GILLETTE.
BY NOW, MACH TURBO 3, OF COURSE.

CANT WAIT, HOWEVER, THE NEW MODEL, DUE TO NEXT YR. I HEARD WILL BE THERE A MODEL WICH WILL USE BATTERY!!!

WOW

Damn, i'm really excited.

September 28th, 2005 01:27 PM
jb Mach 3 is very good....three heads and blue gel strip....
September 28th, 2005 01:29 PM
Jair
quote:
jb wrote:
Mach 3 is very good....three heads and blue gel strip....

Yeh, but did you hear about the next release?
I will check Gillette website for news...
September 28th, 2005 01:40 PM
monkey_man I use the 5 blader. . .cuts right to the bone!
September 28th, 2005 01:44 PM
Mr Jimmy
quote:
Jair wrote:
I LOVE GILLETTE.
BY NOW, MACH TURBO 3, OF COURSE.

CANT WAIT, HOWEVER, THE NEW MODEL, DUE TO NEXT YR. I HEARD WILL BE THERE A MODEL WICH WILL USE BATTERY!!!

WOW

Damn, i'm really excited.

If you like that three blade Gillete, you'd probably love the 4 blade battery powered Schick Quattro. There was a street promo give away a few weeks ago. You know... sexy girls stopping people on the street. One of the girls handed one to me and said, "It's waterproof so you can use it in the shower. And the vibrations give a nice massage."

September 28th, 2005 01:45 PM
Jair
quote:
monkey_man wrote:
I use the 5 blader. . .cuts right to the bone!

There is no such thing!

September 28th, 2005 01:47 PM
jb Electric shavers have never worked on me..they do o.k. for the cheek, but for mustache, beard, and neck areas, leave much to be desired.
September 28th, 2005 01:54 PM
Jair I agree, electric sux, unless I'm in a hurry.
But the Gillette thing with battery is absolutely new.
The battery is just to "shake" the hairs, then comes the blades.

September 28th, 2005 01:56 PM
Mr Jimmy
quote:
jb wrote:
Electric shavers have never worked on me..they do o.k. for the cheek, but for mustache, beard, and neck areas, leave much to be desired.

The promo girl was referring to somewhere a little lower.
September 28th, 2005 02:20 PM
Nellcote I've seen the Stones @ Gillette, commonly known
as "The Blade". High fived Ronnie @ the B Stage..
NE Patriots play this Sunday @ The Blade...
NE Patriots chose Gillette for a stadium sponsor over CMGI after their stock tanked...
Gillette is a longtime Boston company, with corporate headquaters in "Southie"...
Oh yeah, razors....
Hey Jair, not for nuthin, are you employed by a survey
company, as you always seem to be asking questions?
I gots to know...
September 28th, 2005 02:25 PM
Joey
quote:
monkey_man wrote:
I use the 5 blader. . .cuts right to the bone!

September 28th, 2005 02:34 PM
Jair Gillette Introduces Fusion: The Future of Shaving; Gillette's Next Generation Men's Shaving Systems Start a Reaction

BOSTON, Sep 14, 2005 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- The Gillette Company today announced the launch of Gillette Fusion(TM) and Gillette Fusion(TM) Power, revolutionary new wet shaving systems for men and the world's first razors to feature advanced technology on the front and on the back of the blade cartridge. Both shaving systems outperform the world's leading razors, MACH3Turbo and M3Power respectively, by incorporating breakthrough innovations that provide a dramatic increase in shaving closeness and comfort.

"Gillette Fusion is more than just a next generation shaving brand, it's the future of shaving," said James M. Kilts, Chairman, President and CEO, The Gillette Company. "Gillette Fusion extends our rich history of innovation. It's a breakthrough platform that will continue to drive our category leadership."

Both shaving systems feature a breakthrough 5 blade Shaving Surface(TM) technology on the front of the cartridge, with blades spaced 30 percent closer together than MACH3 blades. The combination of adding more blades and narrowing the inter-blade span creates a "Shaving Surface" that distributes the shaving force across the blades, resulting in significantly less irritation and more comfort. The Precision Trimmer(TM) blade, a single blade on the back of the cartridge, allows men to easily trim sideburns, shave under the nose and shape facial hair with control and precision.

"For the first time in our history, we are launching two revolutionary shaving products simultaneously," said Peter K. Hoffman, President, Blades and Razors, The Gillette Company. "The Gillette Fusion brand sets a new standard in shaving technology and performance. We have high expectations that it will break the sales records previously set by Gillette MACH3."

Gillette Fusion Power is the first razor to bring advanced electronics to wet shaving. Its patented on-board micro-chip optimizes the performance of the razor by regulating the voltage and frequency. A Low Battery Indicator Light illuminates when the AAA battery needs to be changed, and the Automatic Shut-off feature turns off the razor after approximately eight minutes of continuous operation in case of accidental activation. In addition, Gillette Fusion Power blades feature Gillette's most advanced blade coating technology to provide incredible glide and comfort.

Both the manual and power versions of Gillette Fusion include additional features on the front of the cartridge to improve the performance of the Shaving Surface. The new Flexible Comfort Guard follows the contours of the face to help the Shaving Surface comfortably shave closer. An Enhanced Indicator Lubrastrip fades to white when optimal shave conditions have been reduced. Both products feature a superbly engineered handle with an elastomer coating to provide a secure grip, better control, and a design that is elegant, highly functional and as next generation as the products' performance.

Consumer testing, in accordance with the industry's most rigorous standards, confirms that Gillette Fusion has raised the bar of shaving performance. Gillette Fusion is significantly preferred over the current best-performing manual shaving system, MACH3Turbo, by 2-to-1 and Gillette Fusion Power outperforms M3Power by a significant margin.

"The performance of Gillette Fusion and Fusion Power is unprecedented, and testing among thousands of consumers overwhelmingly proves these are the world's best shaving systems," said Mr. Hoffman. "We listened to consumers and developed products that meet the shaving needs of all men, with or without facial hair, to help them look and feel their very best."

The Gillette Fusion brand will be supported by a well-funded advertising and marketing campaign, including print, radio, television and Internet advertising, in-store promotions, point-of-sale displays and direct mail.

Gillette Fusion and Gillette Fusion Power will be available in North America during the First Quarter 2006 in food, drug, convenience and mass merchandise stores. The Gillette Fusion razor with two cartridges will retail for approximately $9.99, and the Fusion Power razor with one cartridge and a AAA Duracell battery will retail for approximately $11.99. A 4-pack of refill cartridges for Gillette Fusion will retail for approximately $12.00 to $13.00, and a 4-pack of Fusion Power cartridges will retail for approximately $13.00 to $14.00. Retail prices are at the sole discretion of individual retailers.

Headquartered in Boston, Mass., The Gillette Company is the world leader in male grooming, a category that includes blades, razors, and shaving preparations. Gillette also holds the number one position worldwide in selected female grooming products, such as wet shaving products and hair epilation devices. In addition, the Company is the world leader in alkaline batteries and manual and power toothbrushes.

SOURCE: The Gillette Company

September 28th, 2005 02:52 PM
Jair
quote:

Hey Jair, not for nuthin, are you employed by a survey
company, as you always seem to be asking questions?
I gots to know...

No Nellcote, LOL!
Its kinda a journalist thing - and I'm one, always snoopying (?) something.

Also, I like to communicate, so I'm always thinking in things to say/ask/bother/piss all of you : D

Mom says I have an affective problem. I think she is right, since a take three different pills.

I leave my wife & bought a dog, a very cute Lhasa Apso, which is 4 months now. His name is Nietzsche (in Portuguese the spell is "nitchi") and hes really enjoy lick my ears & my face. I enjoy too, of course, since I love that puppy.

Actually, he wake me up every morning doing this, and always at the same time: 8h30.

Other thing is I spend much time doing nothing here at my job, so I can bother all of you all the time, or I can try, while Gazza or Gerardo don't care.

Finally, I HATE journalism, then I'm back to the college to study psychology. I'm the "black sheep" of my family: I have just one graduation university, while my sisters have two each and other titles, like pos-graduation, Php, and Etc at all.

I have classes every night and saturdays by the morning. Rest of the time I use to think in kill myself, but then I remember my dog and, well, I go ahead. By now I can say "nitchi" has saved my life.

Hey, did you watch that Keanu Reeves movie "Constatinte"?
Too damn good!

Any questions???

[Edited by Jair]
September 28th, 2005 03:38 PM
pdog I shave with an old fashioned straight edge. I love the feeling of the sharp blade going past my jugular vein. Anything else is for pussies! Real men risk death!
This tour is a sore, Pittsburgh is a wide open whore!

September 28th, 2005 03:40 PM
Joey " This tour is a sore, Pittsburgh is a wide open whore! "

W- W- W- What ?!?! ........... Did someone say , " Sore Whore " ?!?! :

September 28th, 2005 03:49 PM
Jair Man, you had to see her in Sao Paulo, about ten days ago.
She spent 70,000 USD in 90 minutes in the main SP "boutique". Clothes, shoes, painties, bras, ya know...little things!

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you

Doesn't she know other words?
Man, even my English vocabulary is better! LOL!!!

[edited by PH in jail]
[Edited by Jair]
September 28th, 2005 04:09 PM
Joey [quote]Jair wrote:
Man, you had to see her in Sao Paulo, about ten days ago.
She spent 70,000 USD in 90 minutes in the main "butique" of Sao Paulo. Clothes, shoes, painties, bras, ya know...

September 28th, 2005 11:46 PM
gypsy
quote:
jb wrote:
Mach 3 is very good....three heads and blue gel strip....

Jason and I both use a Mach 3. It's very good.
September 29th, 2005 05:24 AM
egon yep gillette is the best,
but too expensive, and i (with my manly beard) need
to change the blades too often.

but their new invention, razorblade with the little battery inside, is ridiculous.

but if you go with electric, philips is it.
(goes under a different brand name in the states)

Now, let's talk toilet paper...
September 29th, 2005 06:20 AM
Poplar Quattro

and when it comes to TP, the good shit:

[Edited by Poplar]
September 29th, 2005 08:50 AM
Jair
quote:
egon wrote:
Now, let's talk toilet paper...

COOL!
My fave is named "Personal" (should be perso-anal).
Well, there are two types here, standard and perfumed, so you can let your ass smelling good.
Its very soft, anyway. I mean the paper, no my ass.

Some time ago, i've seen a type of paper that comes with Vitamin E!!! I think is to cure ass cancer!!!

September 29th, 2005 09:03 AM
Jair Hey Nellcote, check it out my puppy Nitchi

Isnt he sweet?

And listen the advantages in having a puppy or a sweet dog, whatever.It works for me:
About 6h pm everyday I go to talk with him in my block or in the park aside, full of people wearing, you know, little clothes, since here is a tropical place.

Then, I'm walking to my dog and everybody, but mainly the women, stopping me to ask about the dog. Its a good chance to flirt. You say the dogs name, ask the girls name, she asked the race dogs, you ask what she going to do....when you see, you took to bed one more.

They are not whores at all, its just because these days women are crazy about sex. Its a honor issue to them. They think: I have to got a man tonight, damn, or am i not hot enough?

So, the dog works as a good excuses. You never sleep alone, unless you want it.

Besides, you have a faithfull pal, that is very important too, of course. I love my dog!

[Edited by Jair]
September 29th, 2005 09:07 AM
egon i do NOT like the fluffy pink stuff, cos it tears
to easy.

i like the grey rough type, cos it's strong (and cheap).

You need to be able to put a bit of preassure on there,
in order to get the job done properly.

That's what i think.
September 29th, 2005 09:35 AM
Some Guy It's all in the shave cream.
September 29th, 2005 03:45 PM
Jair
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Jason and I both use a Mach 3. It's very good.

What do you mean by "Jason and I"???
What do you had been doing with him (her?) lately?
And, WHY NOT ME? WHY?

Well, here's an original JAIR special for you!

My guy is really something, he's sensitive and shy
My guy is such a bumpkin, it doesn't take much to make him cry.
If you hurt someone helpless, it's like taking away all his
toys,
He's just a cry baby boy.

My guy is sentimental, he's always feeling blue
He can be so temperamental and I don't know what I should do.
If you step on a little bug he cries all over the floor,
He's just a cry baby bore.

I don't want to hurt his feelings,
But his outbursts have me really
Boo-hoo-hoo-ing all the time,
If I turn out like him, I think I'm gonna cry, baby
La, la, la, la, la, la,
He's such a cry baby,
La, la, la, la, la, la.

And I'll tell you something else

My guy is such a wet noodle, he's always teary-eyed
He acts like a real cock-a-doodle, he can't even tell you why.
If you just play him a sappy song, he acts like his doggie just died,
He's just a cry baby guy.

No kidding, oh my dear Gypsy!

My guy is such a whiner, he's worse than baddie so
A cockroach seen in the diner, and the tears flow out of the
blue.
And if I ask him to knock it off, he goes and cries in the can,
He's such a cry baby man.

I love a cry baby,
La, la, la, la, la, la.
He's such a cry baby,
La, la, la, la, la, la.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)