ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks Throbby
Hershey Park Stadium, Hershey, PA - October 1st, 2005
© 2005 Throbby!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: LIND = Down In The Hole Return to archive
September 28th, 2005 11:25 AM
Zack First time I heard Laugh I Nearly Died I thought immediately of Down in the Hole. They sound remarkably similar, don't they?
September 28th, 2005 11:29 AM
texile not to me - down in the hole is more haunting - because jagger's voice is not affected.
September 28th, 2005 11:33 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Zack wrote:
First time I heard Laugh I Nearly Died I thought immediately of Down in the Hole. They sound remarkably similar, don't they?

not at all.

cool songs but they sound absolutely nothing alike.
September 28th, 2005 11:51 AM
The Wick Hope everything worked out for you Texile and the damage wasn't too bad. You're spot on about Jagger's voice. He said himself that he has the same vocal coach as Boner (Bono) and I suspect his newly found obsession with enunciation has its roots there. Even though I can see where you're coming from in finding the similarities, I think they're completely different songs. In addition to others differences, they weren't such wimps back then.
September 28th, 2005 12:06 PM
pavlovs dog
quote:
Zack wrote:
First time I heard Laugh I Nearly Died I thought immediately of Down in the Hole. They sound remarkably similar, don't they?

I agree 100%.

I think the songs are kindred cousins and I love them both. Sort of like these pairs:

If You Really Want To Be My Friend/ Memory Hotel

100 Years Ago/ Time Waits For No One

(Doo Doo Doo Doo) Heartbreaker/ Fingerprint File
September 28th, 2005 01:44 PM
texile jagger has a vocal coach? that explains alot!
thanks wick - the damage was done to my gastrointestinal inards as i couldn't use the bathroom for 16 hours......
19 hours to get from houston to austin - a major clusterfuck....the damage at home was minimal to non-existent ...
i still can't see the similarity between the songs though...

September 28th, 2005 01:51 PM
Jair No similarity at all!
Anyway, LIND is too shallow. I heard that song about ten times and had enough. At the first time I liked, but now I see its a bust. Felt myself such a fool.
September 28th, 2005 01:55 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Jair wrote:
I heard that song about ten times and had enough. At the first time I liked, but now I see its a bust. Felt myself such a fool.

exactly!

most of the folks here that shot their load when Bang came out will eventually come to the same conclusion - not just about LIND - but about the entire half-assed record.

give it time...

I'm just light years more advanced than everyone else

but y'all will catch up to speed eventually

September 28th, 2005 02:07 PM
texile i agree about lind jair - it's melodramatic and droning......everybody got exited about the BIGNESS of it -but it loses something in the dirge....
September 28th, 2005 02:39 PM
J.J.Flash Opinions are like assholes... anyway...... I love that song and probably one of my fave among the 16 tracks.....
September 28th, 2005 03:31 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

exactly!

most of the folks here that shot their load when Bang came out will eventually come to the same conclusion - not just about LIND - but about the entire half-assed record.

give it time...

I'm just light years more advanced than everyone else

but y'all will catch up to speed eventually

There we go again! Please repeat and spread this message in several other threads!

BTW: Down in the hole has nothing to do with Laugh!
September 28th, 2005 03:32 PM
Jair
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
Opinions are like assholes... anyway...... I love that song and probably one of my fave among the 16 tracks.....

Are you offending us or its just my impression, JJ?
What do you mean by "opinions are like assholes"?
Everybody is asshole but you?
WHY?

September 28th, 2005 03:52 PM
The Wick Jair, I don't think he (I just assume you are a "he" because most people on the board are males) was intending to offend anyone, he just meant everyone has one.
[Edited by The Wick]
September 28th, 2005 04:13 PM
time is on my side I've got one too and I've kept on listening and listening to LIND. It keep's on getting better and better with each play. Great song off a great album.

Also, love DOWN IN THE HOLE (excellent song and one of the few songs off the disappointing Emotional Rescue that I like- Summer Romance, Let Me Go, She's So Cold being the others). I do not find them (LIND and DOWN IN THE HOLD) all that similiar.
[Edited by time is on my side]
September 28th, 2005 07:37 PM
Soldatti
quote:
time is on my side wrote:
Also, love DOWN IN THE HOLE (excellent song and one of the few songs off the disappointing Emotional Rescue that I like- Summer Romance, Let Me Go, She's So Cold being the others). I do not find them (LIND and DOWN IN THE HOLD) all that similiar.

Actually, DITH it's the best song on ER. A fucking classic.
September 29th, 2005 04:06 AM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

Actually, DITH it's the best song on ER. A fucking classic.

Your posts keep on improving. DITH and Dance are the 2 best songs.
September 29th, 2005 12:24 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
The Wick wrote:
Jair, I don't think he (I just assume you are a "he" because most people on the board are males) was intending to offend anyone, he just meant everyone has one.
[Edited by The Wick]

Precisely! As my friend explained, everyone has one (asshole)? I didn't say you (neither anybody) are assholes. Got it?

Cheers!
September 29th, 2005 12:27 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Jair wrote:

Are you offending us or its just my impression, JJ?
What do you mean by "opinions are like assholes"?
Everybody is asshole but you?
WHY?

Read above Motta!
September 29th, 2005 12:34 PM
Jair
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
Read above Motta!

DONE! AND THANK YOUW.

YOUW.

Oh, feel free to call me anytime.

September 30th, 2005 09:57 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Jair wrote:

DONE! AND THANK YOUW.

YOUW.

Oh, feel free to call me anytime.

I bloody hope that the outrageous Beach concert could be transfered to Maracana Stadium and also, the capital of Rock'n'Roll, São Paulo could have a date added. We must set up a meeting. Let's arrange it later.
September 30th, 2005 10:04 AM
Jair
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

I bloody hope that the outrageous Beach concert could be transfered to Maracana Stadium and also, the capital of Rock'n'Roll, São Paulo could have a date added. We must set up a meeting. Let's arrange it later.

Thank you!
Yeas, São Paulo for sure will be added, they cant ignore one of the biggest city in the world, can?

Now, see that: I had a dream last nite, that they will play even in Porto Alegre city, three million people tops...

And you know, the "gaucho" people here is not exactly
fan of R'n'R...

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)