ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks Throbby
Hershey Park Stadium, Hershey, PA - October 1st, 2005
© 2005 Throbby!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Lady with the leash gets 3 years in the pen Return to archive
September 28th, 2005 12:21 AM
Zulu Fun Mix Any chance someone will be keeping her awake there at night with touches of prods?

Lynndie England sentenced to 3 years in prison
Reuters

Sep. 27, 2005 - Lynndie England, the U.S. soldier pictured holding a leash to a naked Iraqi inmate at Abu Ghraib prison in a scandal that prompted global outrage, was sentenced on Tuesday to three years in prison and given a dishonorable discharge.

In sentencing testimony just hours before, England, who had faced a maximum nine years behind bars, apologized for her actions and said she remained an American patriot.

"After the photos were released, I've heard that attacks were made on U.S. armed forces because of them," she said.

"I apologize to coalition forces and all the families," England, speaking slowly, told the jury of five officers, also apologizing to "detainees, the families, America and all the soldiers."

England, 22, was convicted on Monday of abuse such as being photographed pointing to the genitals of a naked Iraqi prisoner in a section of the prison were the administrative clerk did not have any official duties.

The former West Virginia chicken factory worker blamed her involvement on Charles Graner, the abuse ringleader and father of her child.

"I was embarrassed because I was used by Private Graner; I didn't realize it at the time," she said, sometimes pausing at length to gather her thoughts. "I trusted him and I loved him."

England's mother showed up briefly with the 11-month-old baby in the military courtroom for the first time, and the Army reservist talked at length about how the child, who bears a striking resemblance to Graner, had changed her life.

REMEMBER THE BABY

As the jury began its deliberations on the punishment on Tuesday evening, England telephoned her mother to ask her to return to the courthouse with the baby for their last time together before her sentencing.

England's testimony and appearance by the baby was a clear last effort to humanize a woman whose face is known worldwide but who has said little in public. Her lawyer, Capt. Jonathan Crisp, asked the jury to remember the baby and not sentence England to prison.

"Let her go home, send her home," Crisp said. "She will probably in all likelihood be facing this stigma for the rest of her life."

The prosecution asked the jury for a sentence of four to six years. "I cannot think of another incident that has more tarnished the image of the U.S. Army," Capt. Chris Graveline said. "Who can think of a person who has disgraced the United States Army more?"

England was found guilty on six counts on Monday. All include the language of "wrongfully posing for a photograph."

The publication of these images early in 2004 caused major damage to America's image.

Asked by one of her lawyers about a photo of her baby with an American flag, England replied, "I'm still patriotic, ma'am, very much."

GRANER ADMITS ABUSE

By contrast, Graner, who is serving a 10-year sentence for abuses at the prison outside Baghdad, did not show any repentance earlier in the day and said he was acting on behalf of U.S. military intelligence.

"Sir, I nearly beat a military intelligence detainee to death with military intelligence there," Graner, 37, told the court. "We treated each military detainee specifically on how the handler wanted."

Defense lawyers have sought to show that England was overly compliant to authority and Graner in particular. About England, Graner said, "She's young, she's suggestible."

England said Graner swept her off her feet.

"He was very charming, funny and, at the time, it looked like he was interested in the same things I was," she said. "I trusted him to help me out, to lead me to the right things."

The prosecution had agreed to a plea deal in May in which England would serve no more than 30 months in confinement. The judge negated the deal after hearing testimony from Graner that suggested England may not have been guilty.

England's case was the latest prosecution or plea bargain of low-level soldiers who served at Abu Ghraib.

The military has also reprimanded a small number of higher-ranking officers but none has faced criminal charges.

Copyright 2005 Reuters News Service. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/print?id=1164731
September 28th, 2005 12:59 AM
pdog She's the fall gal!
September 28th, 2005 09:17 AM
gimmekeef Yup...Rumsfeld should be in the next cell....Oh what a Dangerous Dangerous Beauty!
September 28th, 2005 09:33 AM
corgi37 She's a inbred, trailer trash moron who loved getting gang banged in the cells.

No wonder America puts all its recruiting centres and bases near 1 horse towns. The half wits either have a choice of check out chick, forces wife, or join up themselves.

Or, watch Fox News.
September 28th, 2005 10:52 AM
Zulu Fun Mix
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
The half wits either have a choice of check out chick, forces wife, or join up themselves.

Or, watch Fox News.

Or even host Fox News programs!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)