ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks Throbby
Hershey Park Stadium, Hershey, PA - October 1st, 2005
© 2005 Throbby!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Kinks star feared being axed (nsc) Return to archive
September 27th, 2005 11:41 AM
Ten Thousand Motels KINKS STAR FEARED BEING AXED

Rock legend RAY DAVIES feared he would be axed from THE KINKS when bandmates replaced him with a lookalike after he fell ill.

The revered musician is convinced he owes his continued place in the band to eagle-eyed fans, who were outraged when they noticed the swap.

He says, "In 1966 I really thought I was going to get dropped from The Kinks. This guy looked a bit like me. The suit fitted but he was a left-handed guitar player.

"Apparently, the crowd would point at the guy and say, 'He's not Ray.' If they hadn't noticed I would have killed myself."

27/09/2005 14:00

September 27th, 2005 12:21 PM
Gimme Shelter How's Dave Davies doing since his stroke.
September 27th, 2005 12:48 PM
The_Worst
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:
How's Dave Davies doing since his stroke.

This link is from a few days ago...It sounds like Dave wants to rock again!! GOD I HOPE SO!!!!

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/kinks%20guitarist%20hopeful%20of%20reunion
September 27th, 2005 01:19 PM
Gimme Shelter That would be totally cool if they toured again. I saw Ray Davies a few years ago and he rocked.
September 28th, 2005 04:50 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Review: Ray Davies, Grand Opera House, York
by Jon Butler

Monday, September 26, 2005

DEDICATED followers of Ray Davies filled the Grand Opera House at York last night and witnessed something quite sensational.

It was the first gig of his latest UK tour and this inspired icon of British popular music brought the house down.

This was not a case of simply churning out the old hits from the sixties for the locals to gently foot tap along to.

Ray was not going to let anyone get away with that.

These were his songs, each one carefully crafted, each one fiercely believed in, and each one delivered with an energy and passion that many present day bands less than half his age cannot come close to.

Labelled by some as the Godfather of Brit Pop it is clearly offensive to associate this man with the garbage that emanated out of Manchester in the Nineties.

He is possibly the greatest singer songwriter this county has produced, influencing many from the likes of The Who to The Jam, and eclipsing others, including McCartney. In short, his catalogue is quite phenomenal.

Davies's music has attitude, humour, and an edge that cannot be ignored, and this is especially prevalent in his latest work which is eminently worth listening to.

Clearly up for the night and on top form, the engaging Mr Davies confirmed his credentials with an awesome performance.

Unique can be applied without hesitation to this timeless talent.

Ray opened the show with the song, `I'm not like anybody else.' Correct. Not everyone else is a genius.
September 28th, 2005 06:21 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I dread to think what my life would be like if Ray had been axed
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)