ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks Throbby
Hershey Park Stadium, Hershey, PA - October 1st, 2005
© 2005 Throbby!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones Rarities Box Set Return to archive
September 27th, 2005 10:12 AM
jcdesq The release of a Stones Box Set containing unreleased songs alternate versions of songs was a rumor a couple of years ago. Has there been any movement on this front? I am sure most of us have all the rare tracks already, but it would be nice to see the Stones put out an official release, as there might be some still-unheard gems out there. I think the Beatles did something like this a few years ago, but just with alternate takes.

In the opinion of you true Stones fans, what songs do you think deserve to be released that haven't been? I have my own ideas, but it would be interesting to see some other suggestions.

Also, I thought of a great idea this weekend. A Bill Wyman flavored Ambien tablet! Yes, it would be the most delicious of all the sleeping pills. I would imagine that the Bill-Ambien would taste like bangers and mash or maybe a Scotch egg. Since I chew my Ambien tablets to destroy the time-release mechanism, I would be very interested in this product. I have often thought that Bill's bass playing was underrated, but this could change all that. Forever.
September 27th, 2005 10:20 AM
Saint Sway sorry but the rarities box will have to wait because the Stones are still very busy repackaging the same old hits.

I imagine after about a dozen or so more of the same tired singles compilations and greatest hits repackaging they should be finally ready to release some of the rarities

hang tight
September 27th, 2005 10:23 AM
gustavobala livin in the heart love
cellophane treausers (only music, whith mick taylor sounds, not too tough)
criss cross mind
September 27th, 2005 10:41 AM
jcdesq Is it Criss Cross Man or Criss Cross Mind? I never know.

Mick Taylor's guitar playing is the milk of the Grizzly. THE VIBRATO STILL CRIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
September 27th, 2005 02:35 PM
Gazza It's "Criss Cross Mind". The lyric "giving me a criss cross man" doesn't make any sense
September 27th, 2005 02:41 PM
Nellcote Despite that early blurb that this set was to have been released later this year, I just see Jagger putting his foot on this to squash it yet again.
He does not live in the past.
The 1st reissues of the post 71 catalog had one, maybe two tracks which were slightly longer.
That should give a great indication of the bands feeling
towards retro sets
Unless, there's some pressure from the label to
give them at least one rareties set before they
part ways, something which would sell for years.
As much as we'd all like this, we all have most of it, although probably good chance it would be cleaned up.
In summary, don't hold your breath on this one.
Having said all of that, I hope I'm wrong...
September 27th, 2005 03:02 PM
Jair
quote:
Gazza wrote:
It's "Criss Cross Mind". The lyric "giving me a criss cross man" doesn't make any sense

Ufa!
btw, do you know when this song was recorded, what the story behind of it, etc?
Many thanks!
Love that!

+ Claudine, two versions
+ Yellow Cab (DYTIRC)
+ Misty Road is GREAT
+ Oh. i dont listen those boots for yrs now...I forgot the song names hahahaha!!!

September 27th, 2005 03:45 PM
glencar Twas recorded during GHS sessions.
September 27th, 2005 04:43 PM
Mickijaggeroo Next release is Hot Rocks Deluxe (Sound & Vision)
Probably 2 CDs and one DVD.

Rolling Stones
Hot Rocks (deluxe Sound + Vision) (Album)
FACT:
Artist: Rolling Stones
Title: Hot Rocks (deluxe Sound + Vision)
Company: UNIVERSAL
Mediatype: Album
Releasedate: 2005-10-17
Cataloguenr: 268216
http://www.cdon.com/main.phtml?navroot=902&session=1

[Edited by Mickijaggeroo]
September 27th, 2005 04:52 PM
Jair
quote:
glencar wrote:
Twas recorded during GHS sessions.

Many thanks!
September 27th, 2005 08:16 PM
Some Guy You chew ambien?
September 28th, 2005 04:33 AM
egon 40 licks 'the tour edition' was pretty special and rare.

Oh no wait a minute; it wasn't!
September 28th, 2005 08:24 AM
Jair [quote]Mickijaggeroo wrote:
Next release is Hot Rocks Deluxe (Sound & Vision)
Probably 2 CDs and one DVD.

Rolling Stones
Hot Rocks (deluxe Sound + Vision) (Album)
FACT:
Artist: Rolling Stones
Title: Hot Rocks (deluxe Sound + Vision)
Company: UNIVERSAL
Mediatype: Album
Releasedate: 2005-10-17
Cataloguenr: 268216
http://www.cdon.com/main.phtml?navroot=902&session=1

[Edited by Mickijaggeroo]

Can you believe it? Another Stones product already coming out?

I have one of those Sound + Vision box, its a The Cure: the greatest hits, the greatest hits acoustic and one DVD. I paid cheap, about $ 60. The regular price should be $ 100 +.

So, I think the record company is doing that in order to regain the money they lost investing in the Stones, a bad investment.

Now, our greatest band of all times will end up in the shelves "65 off", like all another decadent groups, as Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Credence and all that shit from 60's and 70's.

I even can see the scene: in the stores the baskets full of Stones CDs, & a red poster announcing:

ANY CD FOR $ 1,99 OR FIVE BY $ 9,00" TAKE IT!!!

September 28th, 2005 08:57 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
Gazza wrote:
It's "Criss Cross Mind". The lyric "giving me a criss cross man" doesn't make any sense

neither does "infamy" (as oppoesed to "in for me")
September 28th, 2005 09:29 AM
corgi37 I looked around that Kraut site, and couldnt see a thing about the Stones re-issue.

I'll buy it though! Would it include old clips of the songs?
September 28th, 2005 09:45 AM
Gazza
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

neither does "infamy" (as oppoesed to "in for me")

it does, when its used as a pun ;-)
September 28th, 2005 05:27 PM
crb69 "Criss Cross Man" aka "Save Me"
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)