ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks Throbby
Hershey Park Stadium, Hershey, PA - October 1st, 2005
© 2005 Throbby!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Please excuse this non Stones thread but Return to archive
September 27th, 2005 07:11 AM
Private Godfrey I wouldn't imagine that many US citizens have heard of her but if you wanna have a good night out and you're around Texas or Boston then you should see this Chick - Juliet Turner - she's not that well known in the UK - She's an Irish Singer songwriter with some great tunes, her records haven't totally captured her true talent but her shows are wonderful. You won't be disappointed,,,

Juliet Turner will be playing in the Woodlands, North Shore Park in Texas (2 Oct) and the Cactus cafe in Austin in the University of Texas (4th Oct). She will also be performing on the 9th Oct in the Paradise Lounge in Boston. You will be able to hear her on the morning show on Radio KUT on the 1st Oct and on Radio KGSR on the 3rd Oct. Any of you in the area or with friends in the area, please spread the word. Booking details on the gig guide www.julietturner.com.

September 27th, 2005 07:27 AM
Nellcote Very cool Pvt!
I enjoy her sounds
The Paradise is a great venue, I'll need to see if there's not a conflict..

Now, enjoy a true Texas spitfire, Patricia Vonne...

www.patriciavonne.com
[Edited by Nellcote]
September 27th, 2005 07:48 AM
Private Godfrey Hey thanks Nell, that Patricia is dam fine. Typical that she's just finished her tour of England - i'll look out for the album - which do you recommend ?
September 27th, 2005 07:51 AM
egon "Please excuse this non Stones thread but"

LOL

one should apologise for actually starting a stones thread
September 27th, 2005 07:52 AM
Nellcote I was witness to her performing most of her debut cd about 18 months ago.
Mudpies & Gasoline very, very Stones sounding...
I've not got her 2nd yet.
She gets a cameo in the flick, "Sin City"
What a great place RO is, eh?

Carry On!
September 27th, 2005 08:13 AM
Private Godfrey
"one should apologise for actually starting a stones thread"

Yeah, i don't why i apologised, i guess it's a better thread than discussing the where-abouts of Ronnie missing septum!

Nell - do i get the feeling that you're a Lucinda Williams fan too ? thanks for Patricia info

Cheers
PG
September 27th, 2005 08:27 AM
Nellcote yes Sir!
Although, I must admit (gosh SOL is everywhere!) I dig her older stuff than some of the newer cuts.
September 27th, 2005 02:41 PM
Gazza
quote:
Private Godfrey wrote:
I wouldn't imagine that many US citizens have heard of her but if you wanna have a good night out and you're around Texas or Boston then you should see this Chick - Juliet Turner - she's not that well known in the UK - She's an Irish Singer songwriter with some great tunes, her records haven't totally captured her true talent but her shows are wonderful. You won't be disappointed,,,

Juliet Turner will be playing in the Woodlands, North Shore Park in Texas (2 Oct) and the Cactus cafe in Austin in the University of Texas (4th Oct). She will also be performing on the 9th Oct in the Paradise Lounge in Boston. You will be able to hear her on the morning show on Radio KUT on the 1st Oct and on Radio KGSR on the 3rd Oct. Any of you in the area or with friends in the area, please spread the word. Booking details on the gig guide www.julietturner.com.

Juliet's actually from Northern Ireland - Omagh, Co Tyrone, I believe. She kinda became well known for singing at the memorial for the Omagh bomb victims in 1998.

I've seen her in concert a couple of times. One of them was opening for Warren Zevon on his last show in Belfast in 2000. Her voice can be an acquired taste to many, but her songs are pretty good and she was quite enjoyable 'live'
September 27th, 2005 03:03 PM
lotsajizz the people I know from Omagh are from northern Ireland

September 27th, 2005 03:04 PM
Nellcote Hey, Hot Shot, is it Blackberry time @ Fenway?
September 27th, 2005 09:49 PM
winter
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Hey, Hot Shot, is it Blackberry time @ Fenway?

????

wintah
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)