ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks Throbby
Hershey Park Stadium, Hershey, PA - October 1st, 2005
© 2005 Throbby!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: SWAY!!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2
September 24th, 2005 10:32 PM
The_Worst Just played in Columbus!!!!
[Edited by The_Worst]
September 24th, 2005 10:41 PM
Gazza we know....theres a sticky for the setlist goin' on!
September 24th, 2005 11:58 PM
T&A there is a rock & roll god after all! Also, in the soundcheck they did SSMC - awesome, baby!!!!!
September 25th, 2005 02:21 AM
The_Worst
quote:
Gazza wrote:
we know....theres a sticky for the setlist goin' on!

Gazza,

I know that! But I felt this is such a monumental moment in Stonesian history that it should be posted twice. If I'm correct, that means tonight, after 34 years, all of Sticky Fingers has finally been played live!!!
September 25th, 2005 02:37 AM
sirmoonie It is monumental.

It truly is.

Mick P. Jagger's Sway, after all these years.

Huge night in Stones history.

One of these shows, some lucky moofs will hear Sway/CYHMK back to smack.
September 25th, 2005 06:43 AM
star star how did ronnie fare with taylor's solo?
September 25th, 2005 08:35 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
star star wrote:
how did ronnie fare with taylor's solo?

I swear the God you ain't gonna believe.....so....check for yourself..... in the sticky thread of Columbus show, there is a link for Sway

Cheers!
September 25th, 2005 09:23 AM
Lazy Bones ...mp3 (link) is in the Columbus thread!
[Edited by Lazy Bones]
September 25th, 2005 09:26 AM
Gazza
quote:
The_Worst wrote:

Gazza,

I know that! But I felt this is such a monumental moment in Stonesian history that it should be posted twice. If I'm correct, that means tonight, after 34 years, all of Sticky Fingers has finally been played live!!!

LOL..fair enuff!

and yes, youre correct
September 25th, 2005 09:37 AM
monkeyman62 and once again mick has to pretend he doesnt know which album a song is from, great to hear it though, just a touch
too fast but a great version anyway
[Edited by monkeyman62]
September 25th, 2005 09:44 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
monkeyman62 wrote:
and once again mick has to pretend he doesnt know which album a song is from, great to hear it though

IMO, I think he does that because if the song fails live, presenting a lack of knowledge about the the song and it's history (ie. album or year it's from) would justify the mediocore performance.

September 25th, 2005 10:52 AM
monkeyman62 well then mick is just being silly if thats the reason,
he should have more confidence after being around 40+
years
September 25th, 2005 11:00 AM
lotsajizz they all still have some performance anxiety once in a while...everyone does, even veterans--they just hide it well after years
September 25th, 2005 11:22 AM
HardKnoxDurtySox So did Mick play guitar on this or did Keith play his part?
September 25th, 2005 01:44 PM
nankerphelge I listened to the mp3 and it was pretty darn good -- whatever Ronald is playing sounds a lot like his CYHMK solos of '02-'03.

I like it!
September 25th, 2005 01:53 PM
_Boomy_ I am happy to announce that I was their last night! Just got back from Columbus a few minutes ago. Mr. Pitiful, too!

And no, Mick did not play guitar on "Sway".
September 25th, 2005 02:03 PM
Moonisup
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:
I am happy to announce that I was their last night! Just got back from Columbus a few minutes ago. Mr. Pitiful, too!

And no, Mick did not play guitar on "Sway".

good you were there!!
September 25th, 2005 02:07 PM
Riffhard I'm damn glad that they pulled it out,but I still say that Jagger blew it on his delivery. The phrasing and melody are completely wrong. Sorry,but thems the facts. Don't even think about slamming me on this because if you listen to it you know damned good and well that that's the truth.

I hope that they try it again. With a few more goes at it I think it would sound better. Having said that,I think they may put it to bed. Mick did not really seem to be into it at all. If they do play it again Mick would be wise to give the studio version a few more listens. It almost sounded like he forgot how the melody went. It did not sound like a reinterpetation so much as it sounded like Jagger just forgot the song structure all together.

Just callin' it as I hear it.

Riffhard
September 25th, 2005 02:46 PM
Nellcote 99 brought us "I Got The Blues" which had not been played
in a very long time...
02 brought us CYHMK, bang up Woody solo...
05 brings us Sway..
And so, Sticky Fingers has finally all been played live..
It would be great to hear Let It Rock again, however, given the dislike for Chuck Berry, it probably will not happen...

What a friggin back catalog to delve into?
September 25th, 2005 03:01 PM
Moonisup It's not the best version Riffy, but I really like the stones for trying out this songs, just for that they have to get some credit!
September 25th, 2005 03:09 PM
nankerphelge I think Riffy is right -- not the easiest tune for Mick to follow and he didn't seem to have it yet.

Hey give it time -- they'll get it.
September 25th, 2005 03:11 PM
padre Great thing that they dug this old gem from the vaults, but they really should've given it a better treat.
Mick can't do the screaming on the brigde like he used to, so he goes the same road as in recent years' Rocks Off versions. And that sounds weird. And not that good.
Ronnie sucks on this one. He tries to hide his bum notes (and quite a few of them!) on heavy distortion.
But anyways, it's a nice gesture to play Sway.
September 25th, 2005 04:03 PM
hotlicks did'nt take too long for the backlash to start........some people on this board are really hard to please........they did sway for fuck sake.....just be pleased ok
September 25th, 2005 04:39 PM
star star the fact they havent played it ever live and the fact they dont have the original lead guitarist who laid the track down counts against them. but my god for stones 2005 to bring it out of the woodwork after 34 years is bloody incredible, and the fans clearly went wild. good stuff
September 25th, 2005 05:49 PM
Steamboat Bill, Jr.
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
It would be great to hear Let It Rock again, however, given the dislike for Chuck Berry, it probably will not happen...

Dislike of Chuck Berry?...
September 25th, 2005 07:59 PM
kath yeah, it was rough..but by gawd they did it! that's what i love about it, and i'm sure they will continue to work on it. it's wonderful that they pulled it out of the bag and gave it to the crowd!!
September 25th, 2005 10:01 PM
Soldatti Strange feelings, it sounds great but it needs more rehearsals.
September 25th, 2005 11:15 PM
glencar The beginning's great & then it gets a bit screwy. Sorta like RO in 2002 opener.
September 26th, 2005 12:31 AM
time is on my side Just heard SWAY live and, from what these ears are hearing, I thought it sounded great. In no way is it an exact duplication of the studio version but, considering it's been 34 years, did anyone realistically expect it to sound like it did way back then??? When one also throws in the fact this is the first time it's ever been played live, personally this sounds much better than I expected. It's rough, it definitely can be improved but they're off to great start. Please keep it in the setlist.

Sometimes I think people are always comparing live versions of songs to the studio versions. If it's done differently or if doesn't sound the same then there is an immediate negative reaction among some who have grown up loving the studio version.

While this is understandable, I'm not one of those that necessarily has to have the exact studio version replicated on stage. The version of SWAY in Columbus was a good one. I, for one, thoroughly enjoyed it. Must have been a great show.

[Edited by time is on my side]
September 26th, 2005 01:54 AM
hotlicks Time on my side wrote-
>Sometimes I think people are always comparing live versions of songs to the studio versions. If it's done differently or if doesn't sound the same then there is an immediate negative reaction among some who have grown up loving the studio version<
i agree with you on that point........i don't think i've ever heard "brown sugar"live better than the studio version but songs like "neighbours" are better live
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)