ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks Throbby
Hershey Park Stadium, Hershey, PA - October 1st, 2005
© 2005 Throbby!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: MSG, Jan. 20th - Who's In? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
September 20th, 2005 10:33 PM
glencar pdog, the tix I have are "spoken" for. But if something falls through (a la "Hershey") I shall let you know.

Joshy, don't be a moron. We wanted to meet you & not for the freak aspect. I've corresponded with you for 8 years & it's time we met.
September 21st, 2005 06:56 AM
egon still twisting around the NY idea...

how does this ticket buying on the internet work exactly
as have no experience?

or alternatively,
if i just book a flight and show up on the 20th
what are the chances of getting a ticket then?
(for a decent price?)

gazza, ar you flying from london and if so with which airline?

[Edited by egon]
September 21st, 2005 07:13 AM
Gazza
quote:
egon wrote:
still twisting around the NY idea...

how does this ticket buying on the internet work exactly
as have no experience?

or alternatively,
if i just book a flight and show up on the 20th
what are the chances of getting a ticket then?
(for a decent price?)

gazza, ar you flying from london and if so with which airline?

Its easy to buy a ticket on the internet. Just follow the steps, give them your credit card info and print out the confirmation of your purchase. Select 'will call' as your delivery option which means you pick them up at the box office (they wont post them overseas to you so you dont really HAVE an option). Your tickets are non-refundable if you choose not to go however. However, using a $100 fan club membership on one ticket is a shocking waste of money. Better to try and get someone here who's going to get one for you.

If youre going alone, you should be able to pick up a single at short notice somehow from someone. Whether you'll get one at much less than $450 is another thing. I'd try and get one on the message boards before dealing with scalpers however. Dont worry, you'll get in. Theres 4 months after all.

I'm flying from Dublin with Cunni Lingus (Aer Lingus) on the day of the 18th January show. I got a flight for £200! (most of the tickets for the show were more expensive than that!!) The direct flights from Belfast with Continental were much more expensive so I skipped on that and Dublin was even cheaper than from London, plus its easier to get to (getting two flights is a pain in the arse with all the waiting in between)
September 21st, 2005 07:17 AM
egon thanks you reply gazza;

2 Q's:

- where on the net shold i buy

- i guess i ould have to get someone in the states
to go to the post office for me, or
does the ticket just stay there until january?

i feel so stupid...
September 21st, 2005 07:33 AM
Gazza
quote:
egon wrote:
thanks you reply gazza;

2 Q's:

- where on the net shold i buy

- i guess i ould have to get someone in the states
to go to the post office for me, or
does the ticket just stay there until january?

i feel so stupid...

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1D003AC8ED2D5B11?artistid=806216&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

There are still single tickets available on the "Big Night" and "RDP" presales, but only at $454, plus charges

Ticketmaster will only mail tickets to the address on the credit card as long as its in North America. Otherwise, you pick your tickets up at the box office, making sure you bring photo ID, your ticket confirmation e-mail and the credit card you used to buy them

Your best bet is to hope someone on the 'net has a spare one or else split the cost of a fan club membership in the fan club presale later today with other people (if one person gets the tickets on their presale, the others could give him $25 as their share of the $100 fee). Alternatively, take your chances in the PUBLIC sale for this show which is next Monday at 10 am New York time
September 21st, 2005 08:19 AM
egon aaaah i seee now; i read "post office" instead "box office".

thanks your info. i think i'll try to book a flight and take it from there.
September 21st, 2005 08:21 AM
LadyJane
quote:
egon wrote:
still twisting around the NY idea...

egon you MUST cross the Pond!!!!

LJ.
September 21st, 2005 08:43 AM
egon ok here's what i shall do.
i'm gonna look for a cheap flight as soon as possible
i'm thinking of 18-22 jan or therabouts.

If i succeed, i hope you (guys) will take care of me on the other end? (help with ticket/hotel...)

If i can not get a ticket in the end, well... i still have a long weekend in new york!
[Edited by egon]
September 21st, 2005 10:44 AM
glencar Egon, come to NY! Tickets were somewhat plentiful last week but you're much better off having a hot lil number in your hand. As for hotels, I stayed at an Affinia last time I stayed overnight there & they were nice enough. The hotel is the least important thing as long as you remember to stay in Manhattan.
September 21st, 2005 10:47 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Egon, come to NY! Tickets were somewhat plentiful last week but you're much better off having a hot lil number in your hand. As for hotels, I stayed at an Affinia last time I stayed overnight there & they were nice enough. The hotel is the least important thing as long as you remember to stay in Manhattan.

Yes Egon Come..MSG has many tickets available for all shows. I shall buy you a"Dirty Martini", and slice of real Pizza..not that flat bread shit for #20 bucks in France.........
September 21st, 2005 10:47 AM
glencar They use "euros" over there.
September 21st, 2005 10:49 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
They use "euros" over there.

The waitress on the flight in to New York was hot and served me many JD's and Coke...also, warm nuts.
September 21st, 2005 10:51 AM
glencar Did you get a steaming cloth towel for yer mug?
September 21st, 2005 10:54 AM
glencar Joey you aren't going to show up for NYC so please - vamoose!
September 21st, 2005 10:55 AM
Gazza Egon

As there are plenty of people flying in for these shows, I'm sure you'll find someone else from this site who'll be quite happy to share the cost of a hotel room with you
September 21st, 2005 11:01 AM
glencar I'd let him stay at my house but I'm not even staying there!
September 21st, 2005 11:03 AM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Joey you aren't going to show up for NYC so please - vamoose!

Blue ..................................

You shall NOT be greeted this January
September 21st, 2005 11:05 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Did you get a steaming cloth towel for yer mug?

Yes!!!!
September 21st, 2005 11:06 AM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Egon

As there are plenty of people flying in for these shows, I'm sure you'll find someone else from this site who'll be quite happy to share the cost of a hotel room with you

Book a cheap room now...Penn Hotel is across the street...a real dive, but great location and reasonable ...Probably only 300 a night???
September 21st, 2005 11:08 AM
glencar Marriotts can be had for about $179.
September 21st, 2005 11:09 AM
glencar
quote:
Joey wrote:

Blue ..................................

You shall NOT be greeted this January

I know! isn't it exciting?
September 21st, 2005 12:31 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Marriotts can be had for about $179.

try searchin' here, Egon

http://www.allrez.com
September 21st, 2005 12:34 PM
jb
http://travel.yahoo.com/p-hotel-375656-new_york_s_hotel_pennsylvania-i
LOL..
[Edited by jb]
September 21st, 2005 12:34 PM
BillyBoll Is it me or has ticketmaster for MSG crashed?
September 21st, 2005 01:52 PM
nankerphelge Wow -- egon may make an appearance!!

Better stock the minibar!!
September 21st, 2005 01:52 PM
glencar Has everybody who wanted tickets gotten them?
September 21st, 2005 01:58 PM
BillyBoll Nope. I wasnt getting good tickets and now cant get on at all. I get "Cannot find server" when I click to search for tickets.
September 21st, 2005 02:00 PM
glencar I *might* have two tix available in Sec 336 if my friends can't make it up here. They're $179 per. I should know within a couple of weeks.
September 21st, 2005 02:05 PM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Wow -- egon may make an appearance!!

Better stock the minibar!!

With Heinekens
September 21st, 2005 02:05 PM
nankerphelge That's right

Glencar -- egon needs a tickey!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)