ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The tour is over folks!!
From Kalingrad with love... Thanks Irina

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I'm Yours , She's Mine Return to archive
09-27-03 03:43 PM
Hand of Fate Where can I get a copy of this song?
09-27-03 04:22 PM
Monkey Woman Do you mean 'I'm Yours and I'm Hers'? They performed this song at the Hyde Park free concert in 1969, in memory of Brian. It can be found on the CD and DVD 'Stones In The Park' and the CD 'Hyde Park '69' (TSP-CD-023-2).
09-27-03 04:48 PM
Hand of Fate Thats the one, do you know where I can get the CD?, I can't find it in any shops in the UK or the internet
09-27-03 05:08 PM
Monkey Woman The CD is a bootleg, so you need to ask around message boards like this one or Shidoobee if someone can burn it for you. Or if you are only interested in that track, try eMule, WinMX or Kazaa.
09-27-03 07:24 PM
scully Is the original Johnny Winter version any good? I read that the Stones did the song because it was a favoutire of Brian's?
09-27-03 10:37 PM
SullenMorbius Actually, if you listen to Johnny's version (which I have) you will find that the Stones smoke the original. The Stones cover of this song is one of the greatest electric blues you'll ever hear. It rocks! Unfortunately, no great recording of this track exists, as is heard on the many boots of the Stones at Hyde. Some songs were recorded better than others. This is why you'll hear 'No Expectations', 'Loving Cup' clearly audible from this show while, 'I'm Yours; She's Mine' and others not so clear.
09-27-03 11:06 PM
Mathijs Bollocks. 'I'm Yours and I'm Hers' is available complete and in excellent quality on the official DVD, and on many, many boots.

Mathijs
09-28-03 02:21 AM
SullenMorbius Official DVD? I did not know this existed. I should like to get me a copy of this considering your knowledge to be legit. 'I'M YOURS; SHE'S MINE' is an excellent song.
09-28-03 04:03 AM
chrisloc if someone can decipher what Mick sings
please let me know

Chris.
09-28-03 06:54 AM
Mathijs The official DVD is available in any decent CD shop. The original lyrics are (but Mick sings something quite differently):

I'm Yours And I'm Hers
You know I'm yours and I'm hers
Somebody else's too, oh yeah

You know I'm yours and I'm hers
Somebody else's too

You know I'm two-times seven mamas, ah
Do just what I wanna do
Let me, baby, let me squeeze her
Well man, I'm lost uptown
Let me, let me squeeze her

Well man, I'm lost uptown
(I wanna squeeze my baby)
'Cause you know I'm a stranger
I wanna know what's going down
Want to take you with me

Want you-all to understand
Ah, this mama, gonna tell ya, mama
Want you-all to understand
You know I can love you, mama
Better than your steady man
09-28-03 07:12 AM
corgi37 yeah, its freely available here in Oz. (sob, sniff) It was the film that got me hooked on them. it was shown to us good students of Caulfield Tech back in 1978. My best mate and i were mesmerised. I had tears during Sympathy! Such an incredible reaction to a group of songs i had never heard of before (apart from the big hits as my older sis was a fan). I have the video that was available years ago, and i was dying for the dvd release. Trouble is, its in shitty mono sound and has no extras (mmm, i think it has no extras). As a bit of trivia, am i right in saying Loving cup was also performed at Hyde Park?
09-28-03 07:53 AM
SirMuddy Hi Hand of fate... just send me your email and I'll send a mp3 of it... It's running in my pc... not to bad... I know folk here don't like mp3... but I'm just a fucking bastard so it's allright for me...
09-28-03 08:06 AM
Hand of Fate
quote:
SirMuddy wrote:
Hi Hand of fate... just send me your email and I'll send a mp3 of it... It's running in my pc... not to bad... I know folk here don't like mp3... but I'm just a fucking bastard so it's allright for me...

Thank you so much, the pm section doesn't seem to be working, my email address is [email protected]

thanks again