ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The tour is over folks!!
From Kalingrad with love... Thanks Irina

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: stones Return to archive
09-27-03 07:30 AM
cob www.salsgiver.com/people/cobutler/devproph.html
09-27-03 07:41 AM
Moonisup "As the familiar lyrics and the growling howling voice of Mick Jagger filled the air, I realized something so basic yet so elusive: that Mick Jagger is and was a prophet of Satan. He might not even believe in Satan, but he is being his mouthpiece just the same."

don't you have something better to do??? Anyone who believes in that shit is pretty naive

09-27-03 08:32 AM
stewed & Keefed What a load of old bollocks
09-27-03 08:40 AM
72Tele Half the people on these boards think of him as a God so I guess it is just as plausible for someone to think of him as the Devil. To me he is a Blues singer. To Keith he is a Bitch. To Ronnie he is a paycheck.To Jerry H. he is a marquee. To the Queen he is a Night. I guess he is someone different to everyone.
09-27-03 09:42 AM
scully Had it been Prodigal Son on the radio then would this berk have said what a great job Mick was doing spreading the word of god?

He is as the poster above said, lots of things to lots of people, as we all are in our own way. To use the excuse that 'The devil makes them do it' is a convient get out for not thinking.

09-27-03 09:50 AM
LadyJane YYYAAAWWWNNN!!!

This shit is so old. Right up there with "Reefer Madness".

LadyJ.

09-27-03 09:59 AM
steel driving hammer I could of sworn Keith Richards was God.
09-27-03 10:46 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
To the Queen he is a Night.

What a cute typo! A night with the Queen, indeed? Well, when she was younger, Mick might have been interested!
09-27-03 10:57 AM
jaggergurl
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:

What a cute typo! A night with the Queen, indeed? Well, when she was younger, Mick might have been interested!

LOL!! Monkey Woman..I like your style!!
09-27-03 11:16 AM
Monkey Woman LOL! Thanks, Jaggergurl!

Back to the original topic (not that that trollish post is worth wasting time on, but Sympathy is a great song and deserves better than the old 'satan worship' crap) here's two very interesting essays on the song:

From a mainstream cultural point of view:
http://www.salon.com/ent/masterpiece/2002/01/14/sympathy/

More rock-oriented, with focus on both music and lyrics:
http://www.reasontorock.com/tracks/sympathy.html

Enjoy!
09-27-03 11:57 AM
egon i shall burn all my stones records.
better yet, i'll burn every single album i own
plus my stereo.... and my books... don't forget the computer..

what a load of shite. didn't anyone tell this guy/girl that god doesn't exist?

Oeps, i said it! must be going to hell now.

ha ha!

hmmmm sunday tomorrow.... maybe i should go to church, just to be sure.