ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The tour is over folks!!
From Kalingrad with love... Thanks Irina

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: RIP(NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2
09-25-03 11:56 AM
jb Marlins #1....Canes #1 Dolphins #1 -what a great sports town!!!
09-25-03 12:13 PM
Joey

Your " Canes " and my " Huskers " are on a collison course this January .

Don't believe me ????????? Well , see for yourself tonight on ESPN when the Huskers play at So . Mississippi and showcase their No. # 1 ranked defense in the nation .

Word to Your Mother !

" Get Up & Get Out is great advice Ronnie "

Sea Scroll !
09-25-03 12:51 PM
catwoman In Israel we don't even get boxed before getting buried. We get wrapped up in a white sheet and get dumped (gently) in the ground. So you can save on an expensive casket. No such thing here.
09-25-03 12:52 PM
jb I hate how the militant arabs march the dead body in the sun for hrs...it must really stink!!!
[Edited by jb]
09-25-03 12:59 PM
Joey " I hate how those arabs march the dead corpse in the sun for hrs...it must really stink!!! "

.....and the Friggin Flies !

Don't forget the Flies .

" ' Live with Me ' ESPECIALLY should be played LOUD Ronnie !!!!! "

Shecky !
09-25-03 02:13 PM
FPM C10 I think it would make more sense to bury people standing up. It would use up less land, and give them a better trajectory when they are vomited up during the "rapture".

"We've got an 'eater', Ronnie!"
09-25-03 02:16 PM
jb Joey, are you a spiritual christian?
09-25-03 02:16 PM
nankerphelge I believe the Japanese bury their dead standing up for the use of land reason. I don't think they believe in the Rapture.

They believe that in the end times, Godzilla actually becomes friendly and has everyone over for karaoke and smores
[Edited by nankerphelge]
09-25-03 02:18 PM
sirmoonie Josh, when you were little, did they teach you to hate the whitey goyim?
09-25-03 02:22 PM
jb Just the goyim...
09-25-03 03:25 PM
icydanger from under cover too

strange, i was thinking about the whole album
emotionally shocked,
listening to it again will set me out of time
i was a serious addict to that album

could it be the smell of flesh

those bodies with followers
are usually martyres.
bodies are exposed over a short period

different cultures different methods
incineration

what about bodies being eat by birds

or keeping ancestors like in indonesia still nowadays

the ancient-egyptian way was quite a ritual
they took out the vital organs with great precision
brain, heart, liver, gastro-intestinal system
then set in four vases
replacing organs with
herbs and oils
sometimes up to 70 days
usually around 42 days, time for the natron bath to settle in the body then bandage finely
eventually some kind of fine tar
to varnish

yes, death was a trip
lol

09-25-03 03:27 PM
jb What did they do with the liver?
09-25-03 03:30 PM
icydanger

addenda:
part of life
death was a trip, is a trip, will be a trip
09-25-03 03:32 PM
icydanger they put it in a vase
i cant remember to what God the liver was dedicated,
as each vital organ had a specific "overseer" such as Thot, God of the scribes, for the brain
09-25-03 03:34 PM
jb The "Larry Hagman" C10 god?
09-25-03 03:42 PM
icydanger gods were concepts
changing depending on areas
and social occupation
even on health

joey i am not surprised, he writes wonderfully
09-25-03 04:28 PM
gypsy nanky, your posts make me laugh. I like the 'premature' one and 'godzilla.' Top-notch, high-quality posting...that often gets overlooked because of jb and joey's tomfoolery.
09-25-03 04:34 PM
Joey " Joey, are you a spiritual christian? "

{{{{{{{{{ WTF ?????????? }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

{{{{{{{{{{ HUH ?!?!?!?! }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

{{{{{{{{{{ ? }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

" Bite Me Ronnie "

Joe Sea Scroll !

09-26-03 10:15 AM
nankerphelge Glad I make you laugh gyps!

I generally have that effect on women!!

09-26-03 11:44 AM
parmeda Thought this was pretty cool.
Only for me, I would have to change everything to STONES stuff, lol. (Yeah, you thought I'd pick Cubby Blue...I have my priorities)
Could you picture my pallbearers?

NOT IN THE BATTING ORDER, BUT FANS JOIN THE TEAMS TOO

September 25, 2003
BY RICHARD ROEPER SUN-TIMES COLUMNIST

Phil Schmitz of Country Club Hills was one of those Sox fans who didn't believe in any of that "root for both Chicago teams" stuff.

"Phil went to about 30 Sox games this year," said Philip Schmitz, Phil's father. "He was getting up at 4 a.m. to go to work every day, and he'd come home and say he was tired, but then there would be a couple of phone calls, and he'd be heading out to the Sox game. I'd say, 'I thought you were tired,' and he'd say, 'I can be tired tomorrow.' He loved the Sox. He'd curse [manager Jerry] Manuel, but he loved the Sox."

Schmitz, 22, was at a party in Country Club Hills with friends on the night of Sept. 12. He was riding an off-road motorcycle in a yard when there was an accident and he suffered a serious head injury. On Sept. 16, he was pronounced dead.

"For their second anniversary, his girlfriend had given him a 1959 White Sox replica jersey with Luis Aparacio's number," said his father. "We decided to bury him in it. He was an electrician, not somebody who wore a suit."

'A sea of silver and black'

Schmitz's family picked out a casket in White Sox colors, and they put a Sox decoration on the casket. At the funeral mass at St. Emeric Catholic Church in Country Club Hills, the pallbearers wore White Sox hats and black shirts with White Sox logos.

"We bought out Sportmart," said Schmitz. "Everybody in the procession wore White Sox clothing, except his friend who just got back from Iraq about a month ago and wore his Marine dress blues.

"[The church] was a sea of silver and black. Little nieces and nephews [wore Sox-logo clothing]. A woman in her 60s, who never wears anything but dresses or pantsuits, was in a Sox outfit."

Even the priest donned a White Sox jersey.

At Holy Sepulchre Cemetery, as Philip Schmitz was laid to rest, his father sang "Take Me Out to the Ball Game." Everyone joined in.

"I just didn't want the service to end," Schmitz explained.

"He was a good kid."

Here's the thing about fans and their teams:

We know it's just a game.

We know the players on our teams are mostly from out of state or out of the country, and don't live here in the off-season. We know they move from team to team, either by trade or free agency, and rarely look back.

We know a lot of them are great guys -- and at least as many are selfish dolts or pure jerks.

And we know there are 1,000 things more important than whether the Sox (Cubs, Bears, Bulls, Blackhawks) win or lose.

But that doesn't mean our emotional investment in a team isn't valid and vital. You inherit team loyalties almost at birth -- think of newborns who wear those tiny team pajama/uniforms -- and it becomes a constant element in your personal makeup. Over the course of a lifetime, you'll be asked to name your favorite team as often as you'll be asked about your favorite food or your favorite holiday or your favorite love song.

When we root for a team, we're not just cheering for the guys who happen to be out there this year. We're rooting for the memories we have of going to the park with our dads and moms and siblings and friends. We're announcing the pride we have in our neighborhood, our city, our team.

Our personal history.
09-26-03 12:09 PM
Sir Stonesalot I'm done with baseball.

Fuck the Phillies.

Fuck 'em right in their loser asses.

I will NEVER EVER let those fucking homos suck me in again.

NEVER AGAIN!

They string you along all fucking year, and then when it come time for the big payoff.....they fucking rip your heart out and stomp on it with golf spikes.

Worthless pieces of shit is all they are.

09-26-03 12:11 PM
Joey

Don't talk that way Stoney .

You guys have a brand new stadium coming next year ...........................so you can LOSE to my Cubbies all over again !!!!!!!!

J. Glick !
09-26-03 12:18 PM
Sir Stonesalot Oh please.

The Phillies took 7 of 8 from the Cubs this year, so don't try to feed me that horseshit. And the game that they lost was 1-0...after the Phillies stranded 12 base runners.
09-26-03 01:30 PM
Riffhard I hate to piss on your Cubbie parade Joey,.....but.....the Atlanta Braves are gonna spank Sammy and the rest of the Cubs. Braves in 5! Bank on it! Book it! Bag it,tag it,sell it to the butcher's daughter!

This is the year that the Braves will finally shake the Buffalo Bills tag.

I'm from Atlanta originally and I've been waiting for this year since 1995. This is the year baby!

How long has Chicago been waiting again,Joey?

Well,their going to be waiting at least one more year and maybe more.

Riffhard
09-26-03 01:35 PM
Mother baby
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I will NEVER EVER let those fucking homos suck me in again.

NEVER AGAIN!

They string you along all fucking year, and then when it come time for the big payoff.....they fucking rip your heart out and stomp on it with golf spikes.

Worthless pieces of shit is all they are.

That's funny...I always say the same thing about the Red Sox.
09-26-03 04:09 PM
Joey " How long has Chicago been waiting again,Joey?

Well,their going to be waiting at least one more year and maybe more. "

You make Joey very sad .
Page: 1 2