ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The tour is over folks!!
From Kalingrad with love... Thanks Irina

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jack Black Return to archive Page: 1 2
09-25-03 04:49 PM
Joey " Well, ****blank stare**** right back at ya, Joey!
I wouldn't expect you to know what I was talking about. "

I never watch SNL ................Usually too damn busy boozing and balling .................but thinking about you Princess !!!!!!!!!!

Only You ..............................ONLY YOU !!!!

********* WHEW , THAT was close ******************

" Respect the power inside . Stones Music is infectious Ronnie "

Joesy !
09-25-03 05:13 PM
kath
quote:
jb wrote:
I thought you "quit" the board.

it's amusing to me that you would even use the term "i thought..."

you haven't actually "thought" for years, if ever, josh.
09-25-03 05:25 PM
gypsy Joey, I sometimes record SNL...cuz if I'm not working Saturday nights, then I'm playing. That way I can watch it on Sundays, and fast forward through most of the crap...which it has become.
I just remember that skit from a couple of years ago, because it was when my jaw was wired shut, and it hurt to laugh.
09-25-03 05:34 PM
Joey " Because it was when my jaw was wired shut, and it hurt to laugh. "

Who HIT you ?!?!?!?!

That BASTARD !!!!!!!!

J. Sea !
09-25-03 05:59 PM
gypsy KeepRigidsLawyer. But I had it coming...or so he tells me.
Anyways, I settle for an undisclosed amount, and have been instructed not to elaborate further.
09-26-03 12:32 AM
FPM C10
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Well, ****blank stare**** right back at ya, Joey!
I wouldn't expect you to know what I was talking about.

Well, _I_ know what you're talking about, and it was hilarious. But, er, I wouldn't call those "short shorts". More like a speedo. The kind of thing Josh wears when he's cruising South Beach.
09-26-03 02:11 AM
gypsy Thanks FPM. Yeah, they were more like a Speedo. I'd have lost it during that skit...it was funny.
09-26-03 02:33 AM
mac_daddy he was in a skit with Will Ferrell where he did his "lover professor" thing with Jack and Jimmy Fallon (and their dates) - it was pretty good...

I dig his sense of humor, and it works for me. He is alot like his character in High Fidelity, so if you don't collect truckloads of obscure records (as I have done since high school), I am sure alot of that shit isn't funny to you. "Wonderboy" was a refreshing single, and those two put on a helluva live show. In fact I cannot think of one thing he has been involved with (musicially or cinematically) where his performance sucked...

you all can bash him all you want, but to dismiss him because he alledgedly talked shit about our favorite band is nuts. I have never heard him slag the stones; I do know he has a vast knowledge of rock n roll, so I would be surprised if he was not a fan. But so what if he once did say something negative about them? Many around these parts sling the sh*t regularly. Furthermore, others get worked up in a lather over GnR, yet I distinctly remember them slagging the sh*t out of the Stones in Rolling Stone, saying sh*t like they should have died after Some Girls when they were still cool - which is ironic coming from a band that put out a scant one lp and one ep worth mentioning (along with a self-indulgent double album that is unlistenable). Not to mention axl beats his women - just ask Stephanie Seymour (and we all would like to "see more" of her)...

bottom line - diversity makes the world go 'round, so dig his shit or don't, it really doesn't make a difference to me. But I think that some of you should give him a chance - I would wager that many of the music geeks out there will find his latest pic ("School of Rock") to be pretty damn funny.
09-27-03 04:11 PM
glencar His "School of Rock" movie has gotten excellent reviews. I don't find him annoying because of his talk about the STones. I just don't find him funny. He bugs me.
Page: 1 2