ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The tour is over folks!!
From Kalingrad with love... Thanks Irina

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jack Black Return to archive Page: 1 2
09-24-03 01:06 PM
Sir Stonesalot Jack Black.

Over-the-top funny, or borish twat.

Discuss.
09-24-03 01:10 PM
Joey
" High Fidelity " is a fav. of the Joey's .

{ Filmed in Chicago too )

What ?!?!?!?! Oh , sure :

Allen Funt
Jeff Greenfield
Monty Hall
Keith Moon
Bud Greenspan
Hank Greenberg
Debra Messing
Rabbi Marc Gelman
Cameron Diaz
Dr. Ruth Westheimer
Monsignor Tom Hartman
09-24-03 01:30 PM
jb He sucks cow dick...
09-24-03 01:35 PM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:
He sucks cow dick...

he sucks cow.....

jb already said it

His 10 minutes are up
09-24-03 01:40 PM
jb Tele, any of your friends have that SUV porsche? I am really interested in that and would like some feedback...I know you run with the "big dogs" and might have some info...regards...jewboy....
09-24-03 01:48 PM
mac_daddy I respectfully disagree with you who say his time is up (and as I recall it is R Stewart who has an affinity for animal cock, not Mr. Black). but I digress...

the guy has a great sense of humor. His performance in High Fidelity is classic, as was his stint on SNL. The new pic is pretty damned funny, and it is testing well, too. Oh, and if you ever get the chance, check out his band, Tenacious(sp) D.
09-24-03 04:15 PM
gypsy borish twat...he looks like a fat Mickey Dolenz of the Monkees.
09-24-03 04:39 PM
egon who is he? (picture)

09-24-03 04:52 PM
mac_daddy click here...
09-24-03 05:06 PM
egon aaah him!

is kinda funny no?
09-24-03 05:26 PM
Child of the Moon I like to think of one of his best lines from High Fidelity, as he's signing his tribute to John Cusack's girlfriend's dead dad...

"The night Laura's daddy died... Brother, what a night it really was, brother what a- angina's tough!"

I like him. I was just watching Saving Silverman, and he's great in that.

So I say, "just about over-the-top funny."

"This fence is a dick!"
09-24-03 05:27 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
egon wrote:
aaah him!

is kinda funny no?

I think so.
09-24-03 05:28 PM
Joey

Two Words :

Anal Tag !!!
09-24-03 06:02 PM
sirmoonie Black's the kinda guy you can got out and get parvo-faced with.
09-24-03 06:07 PM
parmeda
quote:
Joey wrote:

Two Words :

Anal Tag !!!

Joey...he "sang the song" at Wrigley the other day!
Chip & Steve were on the floor! By far, the best rendition I've seen in a long time...please, reconsider, lol!
09-24-03 06:13 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Joey wrote:

Two Words :

Anal Tag !!!

what exactly did you have in mind???

this...

or this...

..?

but I fail to see what this has to do with Jack Black...
09-25-03 12:33 AM
beardedhag I read in an issue of Accoustic Guitar World or something like that, a quote by Jack Black were he says the Stones basically just did whatever the Beatles did three months previously. Not quite, Jack! The Beatles never wrote a song like Gimmie Shelter.
09-25-03 01:17 AM
Prodigal Son Early on, it seemed that way as the Stones did "I Wanna Be Your Man," then tried a Beatle-esque song "Tell Me," then "As Tears Go By" sounds like "Yesterday." Then Between the Buttons and TSMR! But by 1968, the Stones were no longer seeming to mirror the Beatles at all. From then on, they sounded completely independent of the Beatles.
09-25-03 01:38 AM
gypsy Word!
09-25-03 01:58 AM
glencar I despise Jack Black but I fear he's here to stay. I'd rather watch a ton of Oprah.
09-25-03 06:47 AM
egon
quote:
beardedhag wrote:
I read in an issue of Accoustic Guitar World or something like that, a quote by Jack Black were he says the Stones basically just did whatever the Beatles did three months previously. Not quite, Jack! The Beatles never wrote a song like Gimmie Shelter.

i take my last post back.

obviously the guy's a cock.
09-25-03 09:36 AM
Joey " what exactly did you have in mind???

this... "

Mac Daddy .......................that is some very funny shit !

You are much loved by the Joesy

Joe Sea Scrolls !
09-25-03 09:51 AM
nankerphelge It doesn't take too awfully long to watch a ton of Oprah by the way...
09-25-03 10:08 AM
Joey " It doesn't take too awfully long to watch a ton of Oprah by the way... "

Are we talking " Orca " tonnage here Nanky ????????

Shiver ..............................

" Because I am a Stones fan I am above all others Ronnie "

Joe Sea Scrolls !

09-25-03 02:00 PM
KeepRigid I always thought of him as one of those guys that you're *supposed* to find funny, but secretly don't.

He did have one skit on SNL a few years back featuring a 'bass-off' that was hilarious- although mainly because of Will Ferrell's contribution to it.

[Edited by KeepRigid]
09-25-03 02:15 PM
kath jb.....hmmmm...same initials as....oh, never mind.
09-25-03 02:17 PM
jb I thought you "quit" the board.
09-25-03 04:39 PM
gypsy Keep, that is because 95% of the human population is comprised of idiots. Just because they find Jack Black funny, doesn't mean that you're *supposed* to.
Speaking of Will Ferrell, did you like that skit a couple years back, where they had "Patriotic Day" at work, and he was wearing those American flag short-shorts? That one was one of his best...how he kept from laughing, I'll never know. I think everyone else in the skit was about to lose it.
09-25-03 04:42 PM
Joey " Speaking of Will Ferrell, did you like that skit a couple years back, where they had "Patriotic Day" at work, and he was wearing those American flag short-shorts? "

**************** BLANK STARE ***********************

" ' Get Up , Get Out ' is great advice only sometimes I am too drunk to do that Ronnie "

Joe Sea !
09-25-03 04:45 PM
gypsy Well, ****blank stare**** right back at ya, Joey!
I wouldn't expect you to know what I was talking about.
Page: 1 2