ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The tour is over folks!!
From Kalingrad with love... Thanks Irina

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Scorsese To Direct The Stones Return to archive Page: 1 2
09-24-03 09:33 AM
FM Channel 4 teletext is reporting that Martin Scorsese
is to direct The Rolling Stones, Van Morrsion, Eric Clapton and BB King in an all-star jam session this weekend at Abbey Road studios for a tv documentary.

The Stones are in Spain and Portugal over that time
period but do have a day off between gigs.

http://www.martin-scorsese.net/

Fraser

[Edited by FM]
[Edited by FM]
09-24-03 10:02 AM
hmps sounds excellent!

martin rocks, and so does Van the Man. his record "It's Too Late to Stop Now" is fucking marvelous. especially "Caravan" on side two
09-24-03 10:03 AM
hmps Good post!
09-24-03 10:10 AM
Joey

IS Pete Townshend going to be there ..........?

I had a really weird dream about Paul McCartney and Heather Mills last evening .

Nothing Sinister ................just ..............well , weird .

WTF am I talking about ?!?!?!?! Well , Paul and his band were playing U.S. Cellular Field in Chicago and I was backstage hitting on Heather whilst Paul Jammed up a storm in front of fifty thousand people .

Weird ................................

J.
09-24-03 10:15 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
FM wrote:
Channel 4 teletext is reporting that Martin Scorsese
is to direct The Rolling Stones, Van Morrsion, Eric Clapton and BB King in an all-star jam session this weekend at Abbey Road studios for a tv documentary.

thanx FM...but this has overtones of "the last waltz" and i didn't like that...

much better a 21stC taxi-driver with keith in the lead...

09-24-03 10:18 AM
Gazza Scorsese has an autobiographical film on Dylan in the works too for 2005 hasnt he?

Definitely a man of wealth and taste
09-24-03 12:13 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Scorsese has an autobiographical film on Dylan in the works too for 2005 hasnt he?

Yes. Originally to be released in December of this year, it has been pushed back to January (I believe) of 2005. "Chronicles and Lyrics: 1962-2002" can, however, be pre-ordered on Amazon.

Below, is the BBC article from May of this year.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/3045855.stm
09-24-03 12:45 PM
Martha Thanks for including the link...this is such great news!

I, for one, "Can't Wait"!

Yeah!

Rock ON!

"I can't wait....wait for you to change your mind..

It's late...I'm trying to walk the line......."
09-24-03 01:18 PM
Sir Stonesalot I think Scorsese did a pretty good job with "The Last Waltz" considering what he had to work with. Remember, he only had one shot at it, and did not have the luxury of today's technology. The cameras that he used were immovable, and could only be run for a couple of minutes at a time. I'm surprised that he pulled it off as well as he did.
09-24-03 01:27 PM
jb If the Stones chose to go to "enemy" ground to record this, it will be another tragic miscalculation which they seem to be making many of these days...
09-24-03 01:31 PM
Sir Stonesalot You are gonna have to explain that one to me JB...I don't understand what you are getting at.
09-24-03 01:36 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
You are gonna have to explain that one to me JB...I don't understand what you are getting at.

Allow me...it's being filmed in Abbey Road, which is rife with Beatle cooties.
09-24-03 01:38 PM
jb Thank you Paul Wiliams Jr....how are the muppets?
09-24-03 01:43 PM
Gazza Abbey Road is a studio owned by EMI, not The Beatles..

and the Stones' record label, Virgin is er..owned by EMI...

too late in the day for worrying about such trivialities about "going over to enemy territoty.."
09-24-03 01:45 PM
jb Gazza, would it be in poor taste for me to wish for Macca's and Ringo's death....or will that only make them more popular?
09-24-03 02:01 PM
Prodigal Son Yes it would be in poor taste, jb. I have a serious question; in all honesty, what music do you like besides the Stones? It just seems you hate almost everything non-Stones, so I was wondering if there actually are acts you enjoy outside of our valiant heroes of which this board is based off of.
09-24-03 02:03 PM
jb The Who
Springsteen pre 9/11
Tom Petty
Black Crowes
Stone Temple Pilots
09-24-03 02:04 PM
Sir Stonesalot Oh that's right. JB has to pretend to hate the Beatles.

Jewish law.
09-24-03 02:05 PM
jb I swear on my childrens' eternal souls , I despise and am repulsed by the Beatles.
09-24-03 02:07 PM
Prodigal Son Hmm, okay. Fair enough. Those are some good bands I must say. Though myself I hate a lot of acts most come from the post-1983 realm (when the Clash kicked Mick Jones out thus ending rock's last chance for salvation and damning it to the redundancy of U2). Then again, some 70s bands really annoy me (see Eagles, anything disco). An anti-Beatles phenomenon runs deep. Did you help burn their records when Lennon made his bigger than jesus statement? Actually, you wouldn't need a big reason like that I guess. Hell, you probably do it regularly, am I right?
Also, you were mentioning how you like Barbara Streisand (a jew herself)? You must think she's better than the Beatles right? Yikes.... that's odd, but expected.
[Edited by Prodigal Son]
09-24-03 02:10 PM
jb I thought STP could have been something special...they (Weiland) just couldn't handle it.....
09-24-03 02:12 PM
Boomy STP rocks!!!

"He's a man, he's a man, crackerman, he's a man, he's a woman too"
09-24-03 02:13 PM
jb Whatever happened to "Cracker"?
09-24-03 02:16 PM
Boomy Cracker or Uncle Cracker?

Are you talking about that chubby guy that used to hang with Kid Rock and he's got that song "I wanna get lost in your rock n' roll"??

I just don't see what is so good about Kid Rock.....I can't see what Pam Anderson sees in him, either. I'm guessing it's because he is rich.
09-24-03 02:19 PM
jb She likes "Bad Boys" with big schlongs...she is substantially wealthier than he is....
09-24-03 02:22 PM
Boomy You think Tommy Lee and Kid Rock are tough?

Sometimes I think being in these rock bands makes guys seem more rough and tough, but I'd bet Kid Rock would get his asked kicked by a construction worker any day.

I can see why you put the parenthesis around bad boys...because they aren't. They just make bad music.

09-24-03 02:24 PM
jb I would venture to say I could probably beat up Kid Rock and most other men.
09-24-03 02:24 PM
MarthaMyDear JOSH!!!!!! NO MORE COFFEE FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!! I see you all over the board!!! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CRACKING-UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're going to be in the Guiness Book Of World Records at this point!!! HE!!! HE!!! Just playing... Have fun and take care!!!

*** Martha ***
09-24-03 02:28 PM
jb In my practice, the months of Dec. through Jan are very slow...I will, therefore, have more time to post. I am very apathetic regarding work as of late, as I am almost embarrassed by how much money i made this year.
09-24-03 02:53 PM
Sir Stonesalot >I swear on my childrens' eternal souls , I despise and am repulsed by the Beatles.<

Hey, it's OK man. I understand. (wink wink)
Page: 1 2