ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The tour is over folks!!
From Kalingrad with love... Thanks Irina

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Alright! Which one of you maniacs sells CDs in Providence? Return to archive
09-22-03 07:54 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy So. I was on a little tour of prospective colleges that took me through Providence, RI.

I stopped in a little independant record store called "In Your Ear" because I wanted a copy of one of those new Dylan remasters (I got Planet Waves... it was between that and Street Legal and Infidels... I like Planet Waves, though, 'specially "Dirge", and I don't see what everyone has against the second take of "Forever Young"), and went to the Stones section just to browse, where I was confronted with a copy of both Brussels Affair and LIVEr Than You'll Ever Be. So I bought both.

Of course, I open up my copy of Brussels... and what do I find, but a leering collection of low-lifes proclaiming "We're Only In It For The Money".

Who's the manager of Rocks Off Records? And can I e-hug you or something?

-tSYX --- Baby woncha keep me happy?
09-23-03 03:48 PM
jb Hey Tsxy...this post also seems to have elicited no response...I'll move it up so it gets the attention it deserves...regrds..jb
09-24-03 10:27 AM
mac_daddy who is it here that is selling bootlegs?? using the RO name?? I think that is kind of weak.
09-24-03 10:28 AM
Gazza >Of course, I open up my copy of Brussels... and what do I find, but a leering collection of low-lifes proclaiming "We're Only In It For The Money".

ROTFLOL...youre fucking kiddin' me.

Do you mean it was just the regular release of "Brussels affair" and someone had left the 'Rocks off' mugshot pic inside..or is someone actually repacking bootlegs and calling the label "Rocks off" and using THAT pic??
[Edited by Gazza]
09-24-03 10:58 AM
Jumacfly this story is a case for mulder and scully...
09-24-03 11:46 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Do you mean it was just the regular release of "Brussels affair" and someone had left the 'Rocks off' mugshot pic inside..or is someone actually repacking bootlegs and calling the label "Rocks off" and using THAT pic??
[Edited by Gazza]

Naw. It was a copy of Brussels on a CD-R with the artwork clearly printed on paper and all, but the CD-R's regyular blank front had been pasted over with the now-infamous "We're Only In It For The Music" header. No official claims as to any sort of "Rocks Off Records", but hey! Free press!

-tSYX --- Who's driving your plane?
09-25-03 01:56 AM
glencar So? What school did you pick? And Mystic Disc in Mystic, CT used to sell good records that you couldn't find in many other shops.