ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The tour is over folks!!
From Kalingrad with love... Thanks Irina

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Amsterdam ArenA 22/9 - Setlist, Pics And Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2
09-22-03 04:00 PM
Gazza Thanks to Angiegirl for the setlist updates by text :

1. Brown Sugar
2. Start Me Up
3. You Got Me Rocking
4. Dont Stop
5. Angie
6. You Cant Always Get What You Want
7. Midnight Rambler
8. Tumbling Dice
9. Nearness of You
10. Happy
11. Sympathy For The Devil

09-22-03 04:22 PM
Gazza 1. Brown Sugar
2. Start Me Up
3. You Got Me Rocking
4. Dont Stop
5. Angie
7. Midnight Rambler
8. Tumbling Dice
9. Nearness of You
10. Happy
12. Little Red Rooster (b stage)
13. IORR (b-stage)
14. Street Fighting Man (b-stage)
15. Gimme Shelter

Review so far : "Ronnie not so good tonight. Rest is good. Nice show for a stadium" - Angie

09-22-03 04:36 PM
riffhard64 Nearness of you and Little Red Rooster on the B-stage...gotta love that!
09-22-03 04:44 PM
Gazza Final setlist:

1. Brown Sugar
2. Start Me Up
3. You Got Me Rocking
4. Dont Stop
5. Angie
7. Midnight Rambler
8. Tumbling Dice
9. Nearness of You
10. Happy
12. Little Red Rooster (b stage)
13. IORR (b-stage)
14. Street Fighting Man (b-stage)
15. Gimme Shelter
16. Paint It Black
17. Honky Tonk Women
18. Satisfaction (currently being played)
19. Encore will be : Jumpin' Jack Flash

Angie reports that "Satisfaction" is being played at the moment and the entire floor of the stadium is shaking!
09-22-03 04:52 PM
steel driving hammer Not bad, great to hear it was LOUD.

Been wondering if they're going to mellow out or kick it up for these last shows...?
09-22-03 06:18 PM
Moonisup I thought ronnie was good actually, could hear him quite well, could not hear keith during Brown sugar (!!) sound was well, surprisingly good, from where I stood, 8 metres from the stage, keith side.
Little red Rooster was the best version I've heard. Midnight Rambler rocked!! With a great jazzy intermezzo from Charlie, keith and ronnie
Happy, sympathy, well not that good.
But the most important thing, I took my mother with me, as a birthdaypresent, and she enjoyed it soo much, so that made me happy
that's all for now..

rik
09-22-03 06:57 PM
Angiegirl Yeah, well, I thought the sound was awful, much worse than last month actually, guitars very low (or maybe it was because of the sound). Thought Ronnie and Keith both didn't have their best night, but Keef was ok, thought that Ronnie didn't do much...

Anyway, agree with your choices of good/bad songs Rik, Rambler and LLR were great!

Well, talk to you later.
09-22-03 07:31 PM
Moonisup Hey Angie!

I know we where both on keiths side, so strange that positions can make such a difference!! I know that if I would have been with you and SSC That i would feel the same, but the sound, certainly after the 2nd sound became much better! I could also hear Charlie very well, all his cymbals VERY VERY clear, I discussed with a friend of mine who was in front of me!

Rik
09-22-03 07:40 PM
Boomy Glad you enjoyed the show, Rik. Is this your last show?

Oh yeah, he offers thanks to you
|
|
|
|
|
|
\/
09-22-03 07:47 PM
Moonisup yeah my last!

aha I enjoyed it also cos my mother liked it sooooooooooo much, maybe that helped, but for me it was a good show to end the tour!
just 1 other complaint: the horrible shirt that chuck wore, AUCH that one was BAD
The WEIRD BEARD keeps surprising us with his clothes, if his wife looks for his shirts on probably EBAY, he should divorce her. WHat I noticed is that keith signed some endings to Chuck, like in Brown sugar, normally mick does that! now it was keith. Chuck made also some other mistakes, but I can't really recall on what songs...

rik
09-22-03 08:05 PM
littleredrooster Support Chuck Leavell's keyboard solos or I'll kill this dog!

Caption for photo above!!
09-22-03 08:10 PM
Moonisup chuck likes dogs, the dog has his ears down. chuck in the dog?????? Well we have people liking little kids in the stones so why not a treehugger who fucks dogs, nothing surprises me anymore
09-22-03 08:33 PM
steel driving hammer
09-23-03 05:57 AM
Jumacfly f.king chuck!!!
i got the same dog at home!!
hopefully not the same beard....

Cheers
Ju
09-23-03 08:12 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
yeah my last!
just 1 other complaint: the horrible shirt that chuck wore, AUCH that one was BAD
The WEIRD BEARD keeps surprising us with his clothes, if his wife looks for his shirts on probably EBAY, he should divorce her.

LOL! Yeah, I also noticed the great Chuck-shirt!! That man has a gift. He should get an award from the Fashion Police. Too bad he didn't smile into the camera during HTW !
09-23-03 10:13 AM
montana
09-23-03 10:25 AM
purrcafe Did anyone see both of the Amsterdam Arena shows? If so, can you compare the two performances?
09-23-03 10:51 AM
jb Hey Rik..congrats on seeing so many shows and ending it with your mom attending with you....didn't your dad take you in 97? I think it's fair to say that while the shows were mostly disappointing , the overall experience of traveling to the shows, meeting fellow posters, etc, was exciting....What I would recommend to you at this time, is to get back into normal life....go back to school and get your degree....research which professions in your country make the most $$$ and see if you can gear your studies to the more lucrative occupations....You are, by all accounts a great kid with a bright future-I would like to see you do well and if I can be of any assistance please don't hesitate to call...your friend -Josh
09-23-03 11:49 AM
Moonisup yes I took my dad, in 1998, and to Ahoy, he got seated tix by me.
and well, I'm back in school *again*
09-23-03 12:09 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat This was an OK show, for a stadium show. Did not hear Ronnie much tho, he was fooling around a lot. And the solo in YGMR (I think it was this song, not sure, could be another)...Keith was just playing a riff and Ronnie did noting...so probably Blondie backstage with a guitar.

It was my last show in a row of 17, starting with the European opener in Munich. I had a great time and a great summer, meeting old friends and new ones. Thanks everyone!!
09-23-03 12:34 PM
Moonisup
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:
And the solo in YGMR (I think it was this song, not sure, could be another)...Keith was just playing a riff and Ronnie did noting...so probably Blondie backstage with a guitar.
!!

well, I haven't seen that actually, but it really wouldn't surprise me, as they already did that in 1998
09-23-03 03:22 PM
jb Rik, you should seriously consider getting out of Europe and moving to America....you will have a much better opportunity here.
09-23-03 03:28 PM
Moonisup haha, well I don't think so,

I won't spread my opinion about the US over here, cos this is a stonesboard, but, I really think it's a really strange country, not my style..
Although a holiday would be nice overe there

rik
09-23-03 03:30 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
Although a holiday would be nice overe there

rik

Great id!! Let's all go over and stay at JB's!
09-23-03 03:42 PM
marko Indeed Rik,holiday/vacation there is really nice.but i
would never move there,not even,if i was rich.
09-23-03 03:52 PM
jb Anytime any of you come down here to fla., your more than welcomed to spend a few days .....

09-23-03 03:58 PM
steel driving hammer Josh, I've been wanting to see your office.

Any way you could snap some pix of you behind your desk or in your shiney Benz?

Etc...?

Thanks.

Promise you'll think about it?

Many people would want to see it too...
09-23-03 04:11 PM
jb Maybe after the Jewish New Year.
09-23-03 04:58 PM
UGot2Rollme Rik,
Believe me, judging from your pictures, America is not your style... better to stay in Europe my friend, and take Chuck with you, PLEASE!

09-23-03 05:11 PM
Moonisup
quote:
UGot2Rollme wrote:
Rik,
Believe me, judging from your pictures, America is not your style... better to stay in Europe my friend, and take Chuck with you, PLEASE!

HA, well the A-team is American!
Page: 1 2