ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The tour is over folks!!
From Kalingrad with love... Thanks Irina

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sucking....In, the seventies! Return to archive
09-20-03 02:56 PM
Statman Here's an item I posted at Gas3X (I've had a run in with Keno and he even went so far as to contact my service provider and complain. This guy doesn't take any form of crticism well)

Sucking ... in the Early 70's!

An interesting but true tale.

When the Stones set off on their infamous 1972 tour, they took along a cameraman to film the proceedings: the groupies, the parties, the backstage - no "holds" barred. The result, of course, was "Cocksucker Blues," a film that was too honest even for Jagger and the boys.

The cameramen were Danny Seymour (dead/heroin addiction) and Robert Frank, who lives here in Halifax, Nova Scotia. While many grainy copies of the film are available, the original copy still resides with Frank.

Apparently Jagger, after seeing the finished product, reached an agreement that the film never be released and that it can only be shown with Frank present. Apparently it was screened twice in Halifax in the 1970's. The original camera, a 16-mm with a 400 foot film magazine, is now owned by a Halifax-based design company and is still in use.

There is some concern as to what will happen to the original copy of C/B, since Frank is now 79 years old!

09-21-03 11:29 AM
mac_daddy interesting...
09-22-03 03:15 PM
Factory Girl Statman, what happened at Gasx3???
09-22-03 03:45 PM
jb Keno is also quite forgiving and you shall be let back "in".....trust me, I know from personal experience on each of the 'Big three" boards....
09-22-03 03:48 PM
Joey " Keno is also quite forgiving and you shall be let back "in"..... "

Yes , just write down " I love John Lennon " one hundred times and you are In Like Flint !!!!!
09-22-03 06:52 PM
Statman What happened? I'm not entirely sure.

Another Gasser posted an admitedly hair-brained post. Someone else suggested he/she be banned. I posted that I disagreed and noted one of my posts had been edited i.e. censored, and I didn't agree with censoring outside of racsit comments or deliberate attemps to flame, etc. Keno replied, I thought somewhat aggressively. I responded noting the first ammendment i.e. "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press..." A spirited discussion ensued, which I won. My posts disappeared shortly after. I emailed my concerns to Keno and he went off the deep end: To quote him: "There sure were lies in there, and I do not let lies stay posted at the board, so they came down.. You lied, called me a censor, I am not a fucking censor and have a problem with people who call me that."

The next thing I know he's sent me a copy of a complaint he sent to my service providor accusing me of harrassing him (2 emails) and that "I also will be placing a trace on your IP numbers at my domain in case you return there since I cannot trust you. I can see you causing trouble on down the line at the board or elsewhere under a different handle."

The bottom line: don't call Keno a censor especially after he deletes part of a thread in which you , you guessed it called him a censor.

I guarantee when he sees this response, he'll be on here like a wet hen.

As John Lennon once said, about some "offensive" things in one of his books: "What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."

Statman
09-23-03 11:07 AM
jb Just e-mail him privately, apologize for the misunderstanding, and I'm sure he will reinstate you sooner or later....I remeber Vodoo banned me for 45 minutes...that was pretty reasonable!!!
09-23-03 11:32 AM
Joey

...............or just offer to shovel the snow off his drive this winter and pay for his Stones ticket when the boys tour the states in 2004 .

Then .................Maybe .................MAYBE !!!!!!!

Ah...........Ah................Ah , Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha Ha Ha Barf !
09-24-03 03:43 PM
Statman No, I think I'll stick with Rocks Off. Its a more interesting board and the boardmaster appears to have a sense of humour; doesn't take himself as seriously as Keno does (life is a seige war to that lad), and there appears to be very little, if any, censorship at Rocks Off. Besides we don't have the resident nutter and bully as in PDog over at Gas3X. I notice Keno deleted an entire thread yesterday when some of the posters criticized some of Keno's resident suck ups and "pilot fish."
09-24-03 05:01 PM
fyujm20 What is the 3rd big board besides Rocks Off, Gasx3?
Thanks
09-25-03 01:54 AM
glencar It's Shidobeeland. I like the board master there but some of the posters are ghoulish. It's fairly clique-ish too.
09-25-03 11:31 AM
jb Doug is absolutely the best....never really takes sides...but I agree, some of the posters have no sense of humor.
09-25-03 11:53 AM
Joey

Sucking in the Seventies is the Stones' Weirdest Release .

Shecky !
09-25-03 01:44 PM
KeithRichards210
quote:
jb wrote:
Keno is also quite forgiving and you shall be let back "in".....trust me, I know from personal experience on each of the 'Big three" boards....

That's no shit, for sure..
Of course you haven't been to the Lounge, either..
09-25-03 01:46 PM
Child of the Moon
quote:
Joey wrote:

Sucking in the Seventies is the Stones' Weirdest Release .

Shecky !

Amen, my Who-nuzzling friend! It's weird just listening to that record... I mean, it's worth it for things like Everything Is Turning to Gold and When the Whip Comes Down and Dance, Part 2... but those radio edits are a bit hard to swallow.
09-25-03 02:09 PM
kath steve....eeeeek!!!!!!
09-25-03 02:28 PM
Child of the Moon Have I just been "eeeek'ed" at?
09-25-03 02:55 PM
kath not you cotm.....
09-25-03 03:10 PM
KeithRichards210
quote:
kath wrote:
steve....eeeeek!!!!!!

Aw why not? We could use a good whipping boy...
09-25-03 03:41 PM
jb Please go home....
[Edited by jb]
09-25-03 04:27 PM
KeithRichards210
quote:
jb wrote:
Please go home....
[Edited by jb]

You first. Shit, you take up the whole fucking board here..
I don't really give two fucks about who's Jewish, the secretary you're allegedly boning, etc. ad nauseum. We have to suffer through your shit- your turn. Just for once it'd be nice to read something relevant to the Stones without your goofy shit.
09-25-03 04:52 PM
kath i AM home, josh. see, i don't use my employer's computer or company time to post. that would be stealing....but then you're a "lawyer" so you know that, right?
09-25-03 05:02 PM
KeithRichards210
quote:
kath wrote:
i AM home, josh. see, i don't use my employer's computer or company time to post. that would be stealing....but then you're a "lawyer" so you know that, right?

It's "lawyers" like him that give the occupation such a shitty reputation.
09-25-03 05:11 PM
Nellcote Everything all right in the critics section?
09-25-03 05:15 PM
KeithRichards210
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Everything all right in the critics section?

Sorry, rant done. I'm just out of patience with that boy.
We now return you to you regularly scheduled programming..