ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The tour is over folks!!
From Kalingrad with love... Thanks Irina

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: cocksuckers blues Return to archive
09-18-03 07:52 PM
jmb hi-
i was wondering if anyone out there has a copy of the stones concert film, "cocksuckers blues" they could procure for me. i keep hearing how great it is, i just can't seem to find it.

thanks!
09-18-03 11:27 PM
sammy davis jr. I have yet to see a decent quality copy of it. It's mildly entertaining.... watching Keith nod off backstage after shooting up, Bobby and Keith throwing a TV out of a hotel window. Probably shocking in its day, but now looks pretty tame.
09-19-03 12:19 AM
glencar I have a copy. It's grainy but worth watching.
09-19-03 09:05 AM
corgi37 ebay has a dude from Spain selling it. For 20 Euros i think. He also has HBO and Marquee 71. I am going to order CS Blues. I dont mean to make an ad for the bloke, but he is the only one i can find who has made it available. I have heard good and bad. Evidently (and i got this info from Up and Down with the Rolling Stones) that a rehearsal version of YCAGWYW is wicked. Any way, good or bad, ya just gotta have, dont ya?
09-19-03 09:13 AM
marko the one i have is very nice!Not Ex,but not too far either.
09-19-03 01:43 PM
jmb
quote:
marko wrote:
the one i have is very nice!Not Ex,but not too far either.

what would it take to get me a copy?
09-19-03 01:44 PM
jmb
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
ebay has a dude from Spain selling it. For 20 Euros i think. He also has HBO and Marquee 71. I am going to order CS Blues. I dont mean to make an ad for the bloke, but he is the only one i can find who has made it available. I have heard good and bad. Evidently (and i got this info from Up and Down with the Rolling Stones) that a rehearsal version of YCAGWYW is wicked. Any way, good or bad, ya just gotta have, dont ya?

thanks for the info. do you have his e-mail address??
09-19-03 01:52 PM
jmb
quote:
glencar wrote:
I have a copy. It's grainy but worth watching.

could i get a copy??
09-19-03 03:02 PM
catwoman Does anyone know why only shitty copies exist. Who is holding the master?? I watched it twice and it was so bad I got a headache watching it. I'd love a very clear copy.
09-19-03 07:20 PM
MRD8 I have what I think is THE best copy of this film available on DVD, I transferred it from video to region free DVD-R...I'll B&P a few copies for you all...email me privately at [email protected] for details...
09-20-03 10:48 AM
egon you will also find it on kazaa(lite)
09-20-03 06:39 PM
Statman
quote:
catwoman wrote:
Does anyone know why only shitty copies exist. Who is holding the master?? I watched it twice and it was so bad I got a headache watching it. I'd love a very clear copy.

See the thread above entitled "Sucking...In the Seventies."
09-20-03 07:15 PM
purrcafe Please hold off on spending any money on Cocksucker Blues. Through the combined efforts of Mac Daddy and myself, VCD copies of this, the Keith/Hunter Thompson interview and Ladies and Gentlemen will be available to all who want them.
09-21-03 12:34 PM
purrcafe One thing though. It's really a stretch of the imagination to call Cocksucker Blues great. It's got a great reputation, but in reality it is pretty fucking boring.
09-21-03 02:16 PM
Gazza agreed
09-25-03 07:02 AM
corgi37 My mate sent an email to the Spaniard in question regarding postage rates from Spain to Oz, and after a week, no reply. I think i'll pass on him. Purrcafe, I would love to snag a vcd of CS Blues & L&G. Pleas count me in if you are going to burn some copies. What do you require from anyone interested?
09-25-03 09:29 AM
purrcafe Converting to digital from VHS is still being worked on. Copies should be ready to go soon. The discs will either be weeded or vined. Will definitely post here when the discs are ready, so just hold tight!

David
09-25-03 01:43 PM
Child of the Moon
quote:
purrcafe wrote:
One thing though. It's really a stretch of the imagination to call Cocksucker Blues great. It's got a great reputation, but in reality it is pretty fucking boring.

I dunno, I kind of enjoyed it. Sure, there are some bits that get a bit tedious - having to listen to that same damn snippet of "It's Funny" over and over again - but I thought it was pretty interesting. The performance bits are all good, and I do remember there being an excellent YCAGWYW rehearsal at some point... I'll have to watch it again. For me, it was worth it to watch the band jam with Stevie Wonder.

And, of course, Keith looks wonderfully fucked up for most of the film.