ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 2004 Daily Mirror with special thanks to Bootcover
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ok, nanker, here's your rack thread: Return to archive
September 23rd, 2004 12:01 PM
Jaxx CBS fined $550,000 for Janet Jackson boob tube fiasco

By Jennifer C. Kerr, Associated Press

WASHINGTON -- CBS got the bill Wednesday for Janet Jackson's eye-catching flash dance during this year's Super Bowl halftime show: a record $550,000.
The Federal Communications Commission voted unanimously to fine each of the 20 CBS-owned television stations $27,500, which is the maximum penalty for indecency. The singer's right breast was briefly exposed to millions of television viewers during the show.

The fine is the largest against a television broadcaster.

"As countless families gathered around the television to watch one of our nation's most celebrated events, they were rudely greeted with a halftime show stunt more fitting of a burlesque show," said Michael Powell, the commission chairman.

The FCC decided not to fine CBS's more than 200 affiliate stations, which also aired the halftime show but are not owned by the network's parent company, Viacom Inc.

The agency cited the "unexpected nature of the halftime show and the apparent lack of involvement in the selection, planning and approval of the telecast" by the affiliates.

The two Democrats on the five-member FCC panel said the fine should have been higher. It amounted to a "slap on the wrist" for such a huge company, said one commissioner, Jonathan Adelstein. He said the agency could have sent a stronger message by also reprimanding CBS' affiliates.

A statement issued by CBS said it is reviewing its options to respond to the ruling. The company has 30 days to ask for reconsideration and provide an explanation as to why the network should not be held liable.

"While we regret that the incident occurred and have apologized to our viewers, we continue to believe that nothing in the Super Bowl broadcast violated indecency laws," the network said. "Furthermore, our investigation proved that no one in our company had any advance knowledge about the incident."

Federal law bars radio and noncable television stations from airing, between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m., references to sexual and excretory functions.

Those are the hours when children are more apt to be watching television. Once a complaint is made to the FCC, the agency determines whether the broadcast was indecent.

The FCC has stepped up enforcement of the statute in recent years as complaints mounted about a coarsening of public airwaves. Critics, including radio host Howard Stern, claim the FCC is seeking to stifle free speech.

Jackson was at the end of a racy duet with singer Justin Timberlake when he ripped off a piece of Jackson's black leather top, exposing her right breast.

Timberlake blamed a "wardrobe malfunction." CBS was quick to apologize to viewers. The incident generated a record number of FCC complaints -- more than 500,000.

Members of Congress soon began grumbling about smut on television. Both the House and Senate passed legislation that would dramatically raise indecency fines. The House voted to raise the fine to $500,000, while the Senate voted to increase it to $275,000 per indecent incident, with a cap of $3 million per day.

Differences between the measures are being reconciled.

Since the Super Bowl, some networks began using broadcast delays on live programs. CBS, for example, aired the Grammy awards ceremony a week after the Super Bowl with a five-minute delay. More recently, ABC used a 10-second delay for a pregame show to kick off the NFL season.

[Edited by Jaxx]
September 23rd, 2004 12:03 PM
jb
September 23rd, 2004 09:40 PM
Soldatti Not words...
September 24th, 2004 01:06 AM
Sir Stonesalot Ohhhhhh....ahhhhhhhhh....my eyes are burning!!!! Must not look at evil boobie...must....not....looooooook.......

Look at that insidious freeze frame picture from that horrible horrible half time show!!! The FCC should have tripled that fine!!! How dare CBS broadcast pictures of a bared breast for a duration of less than 2 seconds, and shot from so far away that most people didn't even realize what had happened! People don't want to see breasts. My GOD! CBS has very probably turned an entire generation of children into sexual monsters because of this.

The horror...the horror.

****fart****
September 24th, 2004 01:17 AM
MarthaMyDear BELCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol........ HE!!! HE!!! HE!!!
CEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEracking-up!!! PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
September 24th, 2004 06:27 AM
egon good!

finally someone is putting a stop to this filth.

FILTH i say!!!!
September 24th, 2004 07:01 AM
LadyJane Allow me to contribute!!

LJ.
[Edited by LadyJane]
September 24th, 2004 07:12 AM
egon FILTH!!!
September 24th, 2004 07:14 AM
Nellcote Don't forget who won the game...
None other than the New England Patriots!
September 24th, 2004 07:55 AM
Sir Stonesalot I'll say this Nelly...that was a fun game to watch. I didn't give a shit who won, but it was entertaining.

And the next day all anyone was talking about, excepting Pats fans of course, was Janet's boobie. That's a shame.

And you know...it wasn't that nice of a boobie. The game was much better than the boobie.

September 24th, 2004 08:03 AM
Nellcote Typical Patriots game: 2 qtrs of 50-50 ball, 2 qtrs of knock you socks off ball. Automatic Adam again saved the day..
As far as Wacko's sista, just another in a long sorry trail of Jackson Family lies. Suprised their mama hasn't taken the pipe yet...
September 24th, 2004 08:41 AM
LadyJane Well..I WAS going to try and find some more topless pics, but since all you guys care about is football.....never mind.

www.howemilitary.com

LJ.
September 24th, 2004 08:57 AM
egon did someone say TOPLESS ???

http://www.linkydinky.com/aguilera.shtml
http://www.toplessgolf.com/
http://www.brigite.com/Versailles%20topless%20swimsuits.htm
http://www.freep.com/news/locway/swim2_20030802.htm
http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Product_Line/_Sky_High/_Topless/_topless.html
September 24th, 2004 09:02 AM
Nellcote LJ, you should be encourged to practice your free speech rights by posting what you desire, despite your team having the once good Drew Bledsoe as a qtrback, and Lawyer Milloy on the pup list..
September 24th, 2004 11:46 AM
Sir Stonesalot This is just wrong:

http://www.socal-coeds.com/mfhm/jewell/index.html
September 24th, 2004 12:22 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
LJ, you should be encourged to practice your free speech rights by posting what you desire, despite your team having the once good Drew Bledsoe as a qtrback, and Lawyer Milloy on the pup list..

Nelly...PLEASE don't remind me!! The Buffalo Bills are one sorry ass team!

I'd rather surf for pics of topless woman than even think about our team. Oh and I'm NOT gay...not that there is anything wrong with that!!

LJ.
September 24th, 2004 12:25 PM
jb Tony brought a keen perspective into the various boot leg prouducts and had a wonderful eye for phopgraphy which he glady shared with us...come home SDH, come home!!!
September 24th, 2004 01:00 PM
not bound to please
quote:
jb wrote:
Tony brought a keen perspective into the various boot leg prouducts and had a wonderful eye for phopgraphy which he glady shared with us...come home SDH, come home!!!

September 24th, 2004 02:09 PM
nankerphelge What does any of this have to do with racks?
September 24th, 2004 02:29 PM
Sir Stonesalot Sorry nanky...back on topic.

My mom bought me a wicker topped wine rack at a yard sale this past Wed. It is very nice. Holds 24 bottles.

It is quite useless to me. At my house, bottles of wine never last long enough to go in a rack.
September 24th, 2004 02:32 PM
Joey

<----------------Tony brought a keen perspective into the various boot leg prouducts and had a wonderful eye for phopgraphy which he glady shared with us...come home SDH, come home!!!

Amen little fella .......................

Amen !

For Kit : " Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

J
September 24th, 2004 04:29 PM
Nellcote I had a hot blond stretch me on a rack when I had issues with my 5th & 6th vertabrae years ago, did wonders! Come to think of, my back is hurting again....
September 24th, 2004 10:03 PM
Soldatti
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Allow me to contribute!!

That's from studio 54?
September 24th, 2004 10:14 PM
LadyJane Actually, Soldatti, I do believe it's a photo from her Wedding to Mick! A bride in see-through Black..a woman ahead of her time!!!

LJ.
September 25th, 2004 12:58 AM
MarthaMyDear This is a very silly thread. Thank you and good night.

*** Martha ***
September 25th, 2004 04:09 AM
Jaxx
quote:
MarthaMyDear wrote:
This is a very silly thread. Thank you and good night.
*** Martha ***

yes, it is obvious we need a tour or a new CD to talk about so we can quit making boobs of ourselves. might as well rack em up.

Jerry

Sophie

Luciana

some girl

and another one

[Edited by Jaxx]
September 25th, 2004 04:17 AM
Poplar
Worst thing about this whole scandal: Janet Jackson's right tit got more attention than a great fucking football game.

btw - That Neil Diamond pic is priceless.