ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Sante D'Orazio
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Concerning 40 Licks Return to archive
09-30-02 04:59 AM
gypsymofo60 As some of you seem to have heard some of 40 Licks, is the album full of editing as has been the case with previous Stones compilations?
09-30-02 05:08 AM
Moonisup Yes some songs are edited, don't know wich one, I have just listened the 4 new ones, the rest I have them numerous times, and there are also on the first cd a lot of mono version, why not make them stereo??
09-30-02 05:54 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
Yes some songs are edited, don't know wich one, I have just listened the 4 new ones, the rest I have them numerous times, and there are also on the first cd a lot of mono version, why not make them stereo??

...That is pathetic! People were hoping for improved recordings of these tracks if I'm not mistaken. What good are remasters if the songs are edited? I've also noticed a few people who are not so enarmoured of the new songs as they were professing to be prior to release. And mono????? As Charlie Brown would say; Good Grief!!!!!!
09-30-02 06:38 AM
woodywoodpecker I got Licks Yesterday!
Well YCAGWYW is not edited it has the choir at the beginning.I must listen to Beast of Burden as I know the Sucking in the 70's was edited (No Ronnie Solo)
As for the new songs well I really cant say much for Keys to your love! Reminds alittle of the Bee Gees and that aint good. Dont Stop/Stealing my heart Are great IMO
Keef well mallowed out is the word for it. I would have liked to see Rambler on there and Lady Jane.

The Pecker
09-30-02 07:29 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
gypsymofo60 wrote:
...That is pathetic! People were hoping for improved recordings of these tracks if I'm not mistaken. What good are remasters if the songs are edited? I've also noticed a few people who are not so enarmoured of the new songs as they were professing to be prior to release. And mono?????

gypsmofo i take your point (although i don't necessarily have a problem with mono) but i think you're missing the point that, at least as far as virgin is concerned, 40 licks isn't being released for the likes of you or i and the others around here but for the crowd who, perhaps, owned a few of the albums on vinyl (maybe sticky fingers or goatshead soup) but who now feel, what with all the 40 years stuff and the usual "last time" talk, that they must have at least one stones record in their CD collection (to remind them how they used to be really wild and raunchy types before rock and roll stopped being that important to them) - and this way they have one that has all their "old favourites" on it - there's more of them than there are of us

as for the new songs - i like them all to vary degrees ('tho some of the lyrics in "stealing my heart" are a bit naff, to my ears anyway) - "keys to your love" imho is a stone classic - the best thing they've done in ages - particularly the best singing mick's done in a long time -it's truly impassioned and most impressive coming from a dude pushing sixty

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]