ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Sante D'Orazio
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "Don't Stop" problem = Virgin Records Return to archive
09-29-02 04:21 PM
Soldatti Why "Don't Stop" got problems with the airplay?, because the song NOT WAS send to the radios, the video not was filmed and is promoting by Virgin Records (a/k/a the worst company to promote singles or anything).
When the Stones released singles with ROLLING STONES RECORDS and COLUMBIA (or Sony), the songs got constant airplay and went very well on the charts.
But with Virgin Records in 10 years, only three fucking songs: Love is Strong (#91), Out Of Tears (#60) and Saint Of Me (#94) entered in Billboard (and in shameful positions).
Here in Argentina, the song is played all the time but all the radios download the song from internet (God Gave Me Everything also was played by the download). A friend (what work on one radio) said me what they are playing "Don't Stop" from the AOL download and what "Virgin" not send nothing.
This friend is a Stones fan and called at Virgin Records USA and asked by the single released date and Virgin said what they don't will release any song from "Forty Licks" as single.
Virgin Records sucks...
09-29-02 07:29 PM
Boomhauer Maybe they should make their next studio album on another label.
09-29-02 08:34 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Boomhauer wrote:
Maybe they should make their next studio album on another label.

I think, considering how Virgin has re-released the back catalogue and how poorly they did with ABKCO in that regard, they may stick with Virgin just to avoid having to deal with anyone remotely similar to Allen Klein again.

-tSYX --- It's just a shot away...
09-30-02 08:49 AM
sirfito Emi/virgin sent the single Don't Stop (2 versions + hook) to our radio (Rock And Pop Net Rosario FM 97.3)."Promotional copy not for sale".

We airplayed on our radio program "Con La lengua Afuera" here. (Also we airplayed the Toronto live version + the other 3 new songs downloaded from the web).

People enjoy it very much!

Cheers,
Fito