ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Sante D'Orazio
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: NYC pay per view special?? Return to archive
09-28-02 06:15 PM
Miss U. I've been real busy and haven't been in the loop....hope you guys had fun at MSG....will the Stones be airing one of their concert shows live?? I thought I heard something like this.
Set me straight.

09-28-02 06:58 PM
Boomhauer Yes, Miss U.

Here is a press release from launch.com:

NEWS - Stones To Roll For HBO Live From New York
09/18/2002

(9/18/02, 6 p.m. ET) -- If you haven't gotten tickets to see the Rolling Stones in concert, don't worry--the band's Licks world tour is coming to your living room. The Stones will do their first-ever live concert telecast from Madison Square Garden in New York City on January 18 for pay-cable network HBO. According to a statement from HBO, it will be one of the last shows the band plays in the U.S. on its current world tour.

In other Stones/Madison Square Garden news: As expected, the group added another show at the venue on January 17 after tickets for the January 18 concert (priced from $50 to $350) were quickly snatched up.

The Rolling Stones bring their Licks tour, celebrating their 40th anniversary, to the First Union Center in Philadelphia on Friday (September 20).

-- Bruce Simon, New York

[Edited by Boomhauer]