ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Sante D'Orazio
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Stones and "Duet" numbers? Return to archive
09-28-02 10:41 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Have you ever listened to a song either by the Stones solo or someone else and thought "Damn. I can see 'x' Stone singing that with 'x' person?"

This is gonna sound incredibly strange, but I put in Now Look for good measure last night, which I have determined is still not a very good album but contains one definite hit, "I Can Say She's Allright". I listened to that song a few times and said "Damn. I can see Ronnie singing that with Paul McCartney."

That would be the epitome of cool. McCartney, in his rock'n'roll (not sappy love song!) mode, roaring it out with Ronnie? That would be a hands down #1 single, especially if they did it with Keith on guitar again. (The original song suffers from what the 90s tours suffered from - turn up those goddamn guitars!) That way, we'd have a good song for McCartney to sing so we wouldn't have to worry about him writing any crappy lyrics, the 'weave', a killer bass part, and we'd be set.

Anyone else ever hear a song like that?

-tSYX --- Let me go!
09-28-02 02:09 PM
tumblingdice not with any other group or person but I would like to hear Mick singing Keith's solo " It Means Alot"