ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Sante D'Orazio
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: MSG Boot..... Return to archive
09-27-02 10:21 PM
Sir Stonesalot ...turned out very nice, thank you very much.

It's got a lot of crowd noise...because the crowd made a lot of noise! Them New Yorkers aren't a sittin' on the hands bunch.

Disc 1 isn't as good as disc 2 for some reason. Disc 1 would be rated as very good...disc 2 would be very good+ to excellent. I have a pile of AUD recordings that aren't as good as this.

Thru & Thru gets a little distorted at times. It was just so fucking LOUD! But other than that, it's really very listenable.

What we can do, is assuming that I can record the rest of the NYC shows, is tree NYC as a 6 disc set. I'll do the same thing over at RSBoots.

DO NOT USE THIS THREAD TO BEG FOR A COPY.

I'm not sending it out before it gets tree'd. Don't even bother asking. If you want a copy, sign up for the tree. That is how you will get it.

1 down, 2 to go....
09-27-02 11:30 PM
midnightmagic So you mean you are gonna do the same at the roseland, oh man you are coooooool.
09-27-02 11:52 PM
Mickjagger1963 Awesome dude, lets get a tree set up...

and may the stones be with YOU.
09-28-02 12:04 AM
Sir Stonesalot Assuming that security won't be any tighter at Giant's or Roseland than it was last night....I'll record both of those shows as well.

Do you like the 6 CDR tree idea, or should we do each show seperate? It just makes more sense to me to wrap it all together...
09-28-02 12:13 AM
Dandelion* May not be a good idea to post on the internet about your plans right this moment. Just a hint...
09-28-02 12:26 AM
MidnightRambler hmm...I dunno won't that be a little of a long wait? I mean till the middle of January to hear the first MSG show? I know I can't wait that long to hear it!

I think seperately would be a good idea. That would give us a chance to appreciate each of them, one a time instead of getting all of them at once and dismissing the quality of the show, sound and quality.

Just a thought...
09-28-02 01:26 AM
Bluzian Ok.. Two Questions:

1) What is a tree?? Huh????

2) Have tix for the MSG January '03 shows gone on sale yet?
2b) How much??

Cheers,
Ian in Toronto
09-28-02 07:55 AM
MRD8 SS,
Do you still wanna tree the 3 Camera Fleet Center video or is it gonna get buried in the CDR tree's?
09-28-02 08:50 AM
scope the 6 cdr tree is referring to MSG, Giants and Roseland from this go round in NY. 2 cd's per show. I agree SS that we do them all at once.

p.s. are you bringing MSG to the tailgate party to give us a tease??????????

Sir Scope
09-28-02 08:59 AM
Riffhard Yes do that SS.Bring that MF'er to Giants!I'd love to have a touch of deja'vu from MSG!I know your gonna bring the whole family with you this time around and can't have the kids exposed to the lot of us hooligans but you gotta at least give us taste of that puppy!Just a glimmer!

Riffhard
09-28-02 09:05 AM
midnightmagic I like the six cd thing. I will be the first to jump on board this one. Good luck getting it in.
09-28-02 09:14 AM
steel driving hammer Something for nothing?

I'll let you know...

Stones 40 Years Domination!
09-28-02 10:29 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy For reference, Sir Stonesy -

What'd you use to record it? An MD player?

I ask because I'm gonna try and go back to the Fleet, and you never know...

-tSYX --- Only love can stop the rain...
09-28-02 11:15 AM
Sir Stonesalot Yeah, and MD recorder and nice Sony stereo mics.

09-28-02 01:53 PM
Maxlugar I'll make as many copies of it as you want SS'y.

You just let Maxy know. k?
09-28-02 03:04 PM
Factory Girl I'm in.
09-28-02 03:06 PM
Moonisup Factory girl and the rest:
Have fun tomorrow, drink some beers on me! Wish I was there, but I ain't, so well, I have some on you now!

rik
09-29-02 06:36 AM
Factory Girl Moonisupie, thanks for the kind wishes, but I didn't attend Giants. I don't see the Stones until this week. But, I'm sure the folks who saw the Stones at the Giants' stadium had an awesome time!
09-29-02 07:06 AM
Moonisup Wich show(s) will you attend then?

Rik
09-29-02 07:17 AM
Factory Girl Moonsupie, I plan on going to Fed Ex Field 10/4. I hope that they play some tunes from Exile (Loving Cup would be great!). I also would love to hear Faraway Eyes, which they played once on this tour already.
09-29-02 07:23 AM
Moonisup Cool, Fed ex, ain't that a big show??
Won't you attend some arena shows?

I hope I can get into some smaller shows here in Holland

Mouppie
09-29-02 10:09 AM
metahead Count me in too!
09-29-02 04:38 PM
Joey Count me in ---- I can't wait to hear about Roseland .

Hopefully you will hear " Worried About You " -- YES !

Joey
09-29-02 05:36 PM
brianisnotdead Sir Stonesalot, what is the type of the Sony stereo mics.

I'm in on the 6cd tree.
09-29-02 05:40 PM
glencar Count me in. Thanks.
09-29-02 05:43 PM
stonedinaustralia brianisnotdead - thanks for sorting out all those "brian was murdered" rumours
09-29-02 07:58 PM
1stonesfan I'm in on the 6 cd tree too. Willing to branch as well...
09-29-02 08:45 PM
Mickjagger1963 I will Branch
09-30-02 02:50 AM
Staffan SS, how do you hold the mics? When I hold them in my hands, there's always some bassy noise when I change my grip, and if I leave them on the floor, the sound is very muffled and bassy. It's not easy to make a great audience recording...
09-30-02 04:48 AM
peterdv i'm on the 6 cd tree too,
it would be easier to have them all at once out then separately, just my idea..
but i'll have to be a leaf

Peter