ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Sante D'Orazio
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 40 Licks Ghost track Return to archive
09-27-02 09:48 AM
Mathijs There's supposed to be a ghost track on 40 Licks, anybody knows what it is?

Mathijs
09-27-02 11:35 AM
gotdablouse Is that another one of your negativist rants Matthijs? Thanks for keeping it short this time.
cheers
09-27-02 11:39 AM
gotdablouse just kidding...
Actually that track sounds like a rerecorded version of "Gangster's Moll", could be the one they did during the Steel Wheels sessions in '89.
09-27-02 11:55 AM
Boomhauer Where does it fit into the discs? Is it after "Losing My Touch" or is it between some other songs?
09-27-02 05:06 PM
tumblingdice It must really be a ghost, it does not seem to be on my copy.
09-27-02 05:08 PM
Moonisup I have got my licks today, where should it be? I have got the slipcase, just as with B2b

cool
09-27-02 09:29 PM
beer try letting it play after the last song on each disk. that's how it usually works with hidden songs on CDs. i don't have 40 licks so i can't try it myself. wonder what song it is?
09-27-02 09:30 PM
Mr T maybe time is on my side - i can't believe that one didn't make the cut
09-27-02 09:36 PM
stonesmik The first ghost track is between "Keys to your love" and "Anybody seen my baby", a bit short though, but it's simply amazing, it's just it resembles too much the longer one that follows "Losing my touch". Listen closely! You may hear it better if you play that fuckin record LOUD, boy!
09-28-02 10:43 AM
Boomhauer Does anybody know if Forty Licks is going to be released on vinyl and cassette as well? I would assume only independant record stores would sell them.

09-28-02 11:23 AM
RubyFriday It comes as a 4 Lp box.Don�t heard of any vinyl singles yet.
09-28-02 12:22 PM
Moonisup Well in the recordstore, where I bought 40 licks called Virgin and they knew nothing about a LP version of it, I want that one real bad, I have all the rest also on lp, including B2b, Ns and GITHD
09-28-02 12:39 PM
KeepRigid Is this an instrumental track?
09-28-02 01:58 PM
gypsy Perhaps it's a drum solo?
09-28-02 02:06 PM
tumblingdice Perhaps it's not even there, at least not on my copy
09-28-02 02:23 PM
RubyFriday On IORR is a number for Lp and cassette

http://www.iorr.org/tour02/40licks.htm
09-28-02 02:29 PM
Boomhauer Oh, OK.

Did anybody else hear the FOrty Licks special they sent to radio stations? It just ended where I live (in Indiana).

I'm very surprised at the cutdowns of some of the songs. ER, UC, IORR.......damn, I didn't expect the ending of IORR to be cut off the track. I guess they had to do it.