ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Sante D'Orazio
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Highwire Return to archive
09-26-02 11:42 PM
full moon I really like this song.. Just wanted to tell someone.. Bye...
09-27-02 12:03 AM
tumblingdice Great guitars and overall effort by the band, would have done better if not boycotted due to the gulf war.
09-27-02 12:03 AM
Nasty Habits I love High Wire. I think it makes a lot more sense now than it made when it was released. I very much wish they would revive it.

[Edited by Nasty Habits]
09-27-02 12:05 AM
Lacride We walk the highwire
Sending the men up to the front line
Hoping they don't catch the hell fire
With hot guns and cold, cold nights

We walk the highwire
Sending the men up to the front line
And tell 'em to hotbed the sunshine
With hot guns and cold, cold nights

Simple lyrics (war is always the same shit since the early beginn of humanity...) but that MUST be said.
I love that tune too, especially the clear guitars and �Mick's way to speak/sing� (sorry, can't find the right words in English!)
09-27-02 12:26 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Lacride wrote:
I love that tune too, especially �Mick's way to speak/sing�

That makes perfect sense to me, Lacride. Mick's way to speak/sing on that song is absolutely killer.

We act so greedy make me sick sick sick!

09-27-02 08:38 AM
corgi37 Highwire, and the james brown rip off sex drive, are the only decent things about flashpoint. that is the least exciting live album they've released. WEll, no security is, i guess. The film clip for highwire is pretty wicked too. Pity Bill couldnt be fucked to make it to the shoot. But then, if i was with Mandy Smith, i wouldnt go either.
09-27-02 09:42 AM
MC KEEF highwire was one of their best songs of the 80s and 90s and definitely should have been on 40 licks...
09-27-02 10:26 PM
Gimme Shelter They should play it on this tour. Doubtful they will, but they should.
09-27-02 11:46 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:
They should play it on this tour. Doubtful they will, but they should.

I dunno...

Keith still likes talking about this song, I recall he made a comment about it in an interview. I think if the US goes to war, we will hear from the Stones that night...

-tSYX --- Get up! Stand up!
09-28-02 03:08 PM
Moonisup Yeah, it is indeed a great song, I play it alot on guitar, and some cool lyrics in that to. BTW, I like sexdrive also!!