ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Sante D'Orazio
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Got my Licks today Return to archive
09-26-02 01:05 PM
tumblingdice Nice to get a new Stones album even if it is a greatest hits package, and I already have the new ones downloaded. But the sound is better on the new ones than from the downloads, slightly. Only complaint is the poster is little more than an 8 x 10, and no book included unless you count the booklet that comes in the packaging,think I'll give them a call today and check that out.

Whoo Hoooo new album yeah !!!!
09-26-02 01:16 PM
tumblingdice Ok you won't believe this shit, when I called to bitch about no book included they told me the booklet is part of the packaging...example there are 24 pages with writing and photos, so this is what they were sending. I am assuming that if you did not order this one you don't get all the pics and writing???? I don't know but you don't have to worry about that big 12 foot book or at least I don't maybe it is with a different one ?
09-26-02 04:26 PM
goatshead How is the sound, especially of the abkco disc? Are they in stereo and remastered? I can't wait until Tuesday when they realease here in the US.
09-26-02 04:33 PM
tumblingdice I haven't had time to listen to all of the Abkco, I played a few on the pc here, I will listen on the big stereo tonight and let you know. I noticed at least on the virgin disc that it is edited songs, shorter miss you, beast of burden ect.... just like on jump back, or sucking in the 70's.
09-26-02 04:51 PM
Flash77
quote:
tumblingdice wrote:
I haven't had time to listen to all of the Abkco, I played a few on the pc here, I will listen on the big stereo tonight and let you know. I noticed at least on the virgin disc that it is edited songs, shorter miss you, beast of burden ect.... just like on jump back, or sucking in the 70's.

Oh man...that's exactly what I did NOT want to hear on the cd. I hate the short versions. But I guess they had to in order to get the most songs on there. Man that sucks.

j-
09-26-02 04:52 PM
tumblingdice Abkco are remastered and sound great, on a quick run through on the stereo wide open, Get off of my cloud and Honkey tonk women really jump out at you.
09-26-02 04:56 PM
RubyFriday Does anybody have the vinyl edition?
I hope it will have the long versions.
09-26-02 05:00 PM
Rescued Yeah Flash77, that does suck. A shortened "Miss You" and "Beast of Burden"? This greatest hits thing would have been a nice place to finally rerelease the 12" extended mix of "Miss You" which is a far ballsier version than the album track. Instead we get an even shorter version? Guess they had to get in their forty licks. Buyer beware. Too bad because I want the new songs.
09-26-02 07:04 PM
stonesmik A compilation like "40 licks" is made for people who buy it. They deserve it. Don't forget to enjoy the booklet!
09-26-02 08:08 PM
tumblingdice I would assume all albums are made for ones who will buy it and as far as the booklet I enjoy it quite well. I just thought we were getting a seperate book with the order and that was not the case.
09-26-02 09:11 PM
Rescued Stonesmilk (yes I know it's Stonesmik, but I originally read it as Stonesmilk and I think thats cooler), Love your avatar. It's hilarious and seems to perfectly suit the personality you project here.
09-27-02 03:37 PM
stonesmik Thank you very much, Rescued. I appreciate that.
09-28-02 01:23 AM
justinkurian c'mon...this compilation is for new fans...it's f'n stupid to think that there will be various versions of songs...(i.e., Miss You). It's like the Beatles 1, or any big band's greatest hits...even though I don't agree with 'em.
-Justin