ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Sante D'Orazio
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keys To Your Love Return to archive
09-25-02 02:03 PM
cocoboy I'm listening now those new 4 tracks and loving "Keys To Your LOve", likely the best Stones song in many yers (since tattoo you ?) -- & despiste the lyrics kinda "hick".

Wondering now when they will release the others 24 tracks released in Paris.
COcOgIrl
09-25-02 04:27 PM
Turner How can I hear the new songs? I am having trouble finding them. I have Don't Stop and I really dig it, but I can't get the rest. Help a brother out!
09-25-02 04:34 PM
Boomhauer I think this one still works, Turner:

http://stonealone.homeunix.com/licks/

It also has some of the hit licks on there as well.
09-25-02 04:43 PM
Turner Hey man, I appreciate it. I am gonna try now. Thing is I was able to get don't stop off a french site with ease and can hear it perfect, but when I try to get the others it won't work and my wife who is a computer expert won't help me. She said wait till tues. but I can't!! She was shocked that I got one song with my limited knowledge. But her tune will change after she sees the Stones with me for Her First time ever in Atlanta!!!
09-25-02 05:52 PM
Turner Boomhauer, Thanx! Those songs are very good. The boys sound great! Keys is Frigging excellent. Best number in a long time!
09-25-02 08:05 PM
phantom I like this,also Loosing my touch is great!!!
09-25-02 10:00 PM
Fiji Joe Yes Yes...Keys to Your Love is great! It really takes me back to Tattoo You and that big New York sound.

This song is vintage Stones!
09-25-02 10:04 PM
Boomhauer You see, the songs that have dual Mick vocals are the best.

The part on "Keys" that goes, "No mattah where I go" with the falsetto and then back to "baby" with the regular vocals is quite fascinating.

"Don't Stop" is also great and the guitars on "Stealing My Heart" are awesome.
09-25-02 10:12 PM
Scot Rocks I love Keys and Stealing my Heart, great tracks, I love em. I can't get Keys to your Love outta my head, it's one of those songs.

Mark
09-25-02 10:18 PM
Boomhauer I can't wait for October 1 to get Forty Licks to hear the new songs and the remastered quality of the licks.
09-25-02 10:20 PM
Scot Rocks Same here, the event of actually going in and buying something new by the Stones, greatest hits or not, will just be cool. A rare event for me being only 18 and only being a fan for a few years.

Mark
09-26-02 09:31 AM
Turner Loving it!! Just replayed Keys. Monday night at Midnight,
Tower records in Buckhead(ATL)! First in line
09-29-02 03:23 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Yes Yes...Keys to Your Love is great!

This song is vintage Stones!

i agree

mick really makes an effort

it's sweet soul music
09-29-02 04:49 AM
beer I still haven't heard any of the new songs. not even a sample. no sound on this computer. can't wait to hear these though!
09-29-02 10:07 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Aaaack!

"Keys To Your Love" is the *worst* of the four songs! I can't stand it! Repulsive falsetto - sounds more like "Emotional Rescue" than "Beast Of Burden".

The guitars on "Stealing My Heart" - now *that's* vintage Stones. The lyrics suck, but hey, the chorus is awesome.

And "Don't Stop" is the one I can't get outta my head. Great song. Grrrrrrrrreat song. Once Forty Licks is released officially, I think it'll get in the top forty, at least.

"Losing My Touch" ain't half-bad, either. Not as good as "How Can I Stop", but still a nice little jazz ballad type number for Keith.

-tSYX --- She's my little rock'n'roll!
09-29-02 11:15 AM
Moonisup YEAH I LIKE AL THE NEW SONGS, HMMMM I'VE GOT LICKED FRIDAY AND I'VE GOT THE SLIPCASE!

DID ANYONE NOTICE THAT THE BOOKLET IS TO BIG FOR THE CD-CASE??

RIK
09-29-02 11:19 AM
MC KEEF LOVE THE NEW SONGS!!!!!!!!!!!!! STEALING M,Y HEART AND KEYS TO YOUR LOVE GREAT........NOT TOO HAPPY WITH THE PACKAGING THOUGH....NOT BAD BUT IT COULD HAVE BEEN DONE SO MUCH BETTER.........REMASTERING ???? I DONT KNOW.....