ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Giants Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ - 27th September 2006
© SweetVirginia
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Axl's mini melt down @ Warfield on YouTube (NSC) Return to archive
27th September 2006 12:54 PM
monkey_man PDog,
See what you missed by not going to Thursdays's show!

27th September 2006 01:02 PM
Maxlugar
quote:
monkey_man wrote:
PDog,
See what you missed by not going to Thursdays's show!

That was awesome! That could be like a part of the song for now on. A little break in the middle where Axl goes nuts on some dude, has a drink then the song starts up again. Frig the guitar solo just have Psychotic Episode solo.

I couldn't understand what the guy did though. Was it a camera (again)?
27th September 2006 01:05 PM
monkey_man I think the guy was flipping him off or baiting him somehow. I was in in the lobby when it happened so I only heard it and didn't see it.
27th September 2006 08:09 PM
benitostinkerelli I was at the show at the Warfield - great show.

In short, the guy and a few others were trying to start Mosh-Pit - fighting, pushing, smashing into others....I was about 10 feet from them - a-holes, in my opinion....

3 people total were kicked out - 2 by Axl, another by security....

Great show -
27th September 2006 08:12 PM
benitostinkerelli By the way, does anyone know where/how to get a video copy of the show? I'd love a copy if anyone can help (I was in the "pit" area, about 6-8 people deep in the center of the floor...)

Thanks-

BEN
27th September 2006 08:21 PM
pdog That was awesome!
I would've gone back, if not for having not slept b/c the night before the show ended 4 hours before I had to get up...

I was at a great show... Axl definitely proved me wrong...
27th September 2006 08:23 PM
mrhipfl I'm considering going to their show when they come to Tampa. Is it worth $75? What's the current lineup and how many songs do they play?
27th September 2006 08:25 PM
pdog
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
I'm considering going to their show when they come to Tampa. Is it worth $75? What's the current lineup and how many songs do they play?

It's a two hour show, I can't name the band off my head, but they're tight as fuck. Tommy is still one bass...
Great show! worth every cent of the $75 plus fees I paid.
27th September 2006 08:57 PM
lotsajizz they just announced a show at Worcester, in my area, in November...I'll be there, and I will not expect the band to be punctual...or in a good mood...

27th September 2006 09:01 PM
pdog
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
they just announced a show at Worcester, in my area, in November...I'll be there, and I will not expect the band to be punctual...or in a good mood...

small, medium or large venue?
27th September 2006 09:18 PM
lotsajizz Worcester Centrum, probably has some corporate name now, but I know it as the Centrum....about 16,000 for concerts, used to be the big venue in the 80's early/90's before the new Boston Garden/Fleet Center thing got built
I saw Devo and Judas Priest (not together! I had broad tastes) there in 1982, Prince there in 1983, the Dead there in 1984, 1985, and 1988, the Who in 1996, and Kravitz in 1998. Shit, 8 years since I've been back....
27th September 2006 09:25 PM
pdog He's playing Arco Arena in Sacto, an avg. sized arena on Monday. Wish i could go see them again, in front of hopefully a larger crowd. It was great in a small setting, no doubt, but the band could definitely carry over into a stadium easily, my curiousity is peaking with this new version of G&R. I even look forward to the new record.
Hows that for a change of heart?
27th September 2006 09:36 PM
lotsajizz I saw Jerry at the Warfield a few times...nice place, dumpy lookin' from the outside though!!

And yes, Axl has shown you the light!! Thanks for being open minded....

I WAS wrong about Izzy on this leg though. Odd, he did most of the Europe shows but not here...

[Edited by lotsajizz]
28th September 2006 12:17 AM
pdog
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
I saw Jerry at the Warfield a few times...nice place, dumpy lookin' from the outside though!!

And yes, Axl has shown you the light!! Thanks for being open minded....

I WAS wrong about Izzy on this leg though. Odd, he did most of the Europe shows but not here...

[Edited by lotsajizz]

I think he's on tour...
28th September 2006 01:34 AM
benitostinkerelli I believe the Sacramento show has been postponed - looks like they were already planning a small break, then the "main" part of US tour in later October through January....Sac show in Dec. or January, I think...

For SF Bay folks - they are also going to play Oakland Arena on Dec. 15 - no word on tickets yet that I'm aware of (Saw one of the best concerts of my life there in 2002 - yes, Stones...Had 3rd row dead center on floor - they played Ain't too proud to beg, Heart of Stone, Loving Cup, Sweet Virginia, and ALL Down the Line - IN A ROW!!! Name 5 songs in a row from a show like that...Pretty sweet...)

Anyway, I digress.....
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)