ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Giants Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ - 27th September 2006
© SweetVirginia
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Police: Terrell Owens suicide attempt (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2
27th September 2006 11:37 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Police report: Terrell Owens attempted suicide

10:27 AM CDT on Wednesday, September 27, 2006

By REBECCA LOPEZ / WFAA-TV

According to a Dallas police report first obtained by News 8, Dallas Cowboys star receiver Terrell Owens attempted suicide Tuesday night. He remained hospitalized on Wednesday morning.

The report says Owens, 32, took prescription pain pills. Owens broke his right hand in a Sept. 17 game against the Washington Redskins.

A woman told police she observed Owens putting two pills in his mouth.

According to the police narrative, the woman said the prescription of 40 pills was filled on September 18 and—until Tuesday—Owens had taken only five pills.

The police report said Owens was asked if he had taken the rest of the prescription; Owens said, "Yes."

According to the report, police also asked if he was trying to harm himself. Owens answered, "Yes."

Owens was treated at Baylor University Medical Center.

"This is stunning news; obviously and incredibly surprising that a man in this position would reach this level of depression," said WFAA-TV sports director Dale Hansen. "There's something terribly wrong here, and hopefully we'll find out as the day goes on."

At a news conference, police spokesman Lt. Rick Watson confirmed that Dallas Fire-Rescue requested police officers in the 3800 block of Commerce Street Tuesday night. "When the officers got there, they were greeted by the paramedics who were treating Mr. Owens," he said.

"We determined at this time this is not a criminal offense," Lt. Watson said, refusing to answer any specific questions about the incident.

"If you want the 911 tape, you'll have to make the request to the fire department," Lt. Watson added.

Hansen said a source at the Cowboys' Valley Ranch headquarters told him that doors to all offices were closed.

A Dallas Cowboys spokesman told News 8 the team has no comment on the police report, nor is any news conference scheduled.

The player's publicist didn't immediately return calls for comment.

Owens, one of the league's top receivers during his 11-year NFL career, is best known for wild stunts on the field and other publicity-seeking antics off it.

When the Cowboys signed him to a $25 million, three-year deal in March, they said their background checks indicated no red flags. In fact, team consultant Calvin Hill—who mostly deals with troubled players—said during training camp that his department was not involved with Owens because he didn't have a history of those kinds of problems.

Dallas police officials said they were planning a news conference later Monday, but did not immediately release a time. A hospital spokeswoman said early Wednesday there was no patient registered as Terrell Owens, although federal privacy laws allow people to block their name from being released.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

27th September 2006 11:43 AM
Saint Sway don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys
27th September 2006 11:43 AM
Altamont Police are now reporting that Owens attempted suicide after hearing Dirty Work in it's entirety.
27th September 2006 11:46 AM
jb Now we should feel sorry for him....what a pansy.
27th September 2006 11:46 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Altamont wrote:
Police are now reporting that Owens attempted suicide after hearing Dirty Work in it's entirety.

I'll bet it's on account of that goddamed Parcells.
27th September 2006 11:55 AM
Some Guy This is an intresting story... for me to poop on!
27th September 2006 11:59 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Police report: Terrell Owens attempted suicide

10:27 AM CDT on Wednesday, September 27, 2006

By REBECCA LOPEZ / WFAA-TV

According to a Dallas police report first obtained by News 8, Dallas Cowboys star receiver Terrell Owens attempted suicide Tuesday night. He remained hospitalized on Wednesday morning.

The report says Owens, 32, took prescription pain pills. Owens broke his right hand in a Sept. 17 game against the Washington Redskins.

A woman told police she observed Owens putting two pills in his mouth.

According to the police narrative, the woman said the prescription of 40 pills was filled on September 18 and—until Tuesday—Owens had taken only five pills.

The police report said Owens was asked if he had taken the rest of the prescription; Owens said, "Yes."

According to the report, police also asked if he was trying to harm himself. Owens answered, "Yes."

Owens was treated at Baylor University Medical Center.

"This is stunning news; obviously and incredibly surprising that a man in this position would reach this level of depression," said WFAA-TV sports director Dale Hansen. "There's something terribly wrong here, and hopefully we'll find out as the day goes on."

At a news conference, police spokesman Lt. Rick Watson confirmed that Dallas Fire-Rescue requested police officers in the 3800 block of Commerce Street Tuesday night. "When the officers got there, they were greeted by the paramedics who were treating Mr. Owens," he said.

"We determined at this time this is not a criminal offense," Lt. Watson said, refusing to answer any specific questions about the incident.

"If you want the 911 tape, you'll have to make the request to the fire department," Lt. Watson added.

Hansen said a source at the Cowboys' Valley Ranch headquarters told him that doors to all offices were closed.

A Dallas Cowboys spokesman told News 8 the team has no comment on the police report, nor is any news conference scheduled.

The player's publicist didn't immediately return calls for comment.

Owens, one of the league's top receivers during his 11-year NFL career, is best known for wild stunts on the field and other publicity-seeking antics off it.

When the Cowboys signed him to a $25 million, three-year deal in March, they said their background checks indicated no red flags. In fact, team consultant Calvin Hill—who mostly deals with troubled players—said during training camp that his department was not involved with Owens because he didn't have a history of those kinds of problems.

Dallas police officials said they were planning a news conference later Monday, but did not immediately release a time. A hospital spokeswoman said early Wednesday there was no patient registered as Terrell Owens, although federal privacy laws allow people to block their name from being released.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

WTF!!! Strange dude.
27th September 2006 12:11 PM
chevysales
quote:
jb wrote:
Now we should feel sorry for him....what a pansy.

nfl network just had dion sanders on who had talked to TO 20 minutes before... "all a big misunderstanding" drug reaction between pain meds (percs or vicidans?) and supplements he took... what else is he going to say.

live presser to be held bt to in 1 hour.

[Edited by chevysales]
27th September 2006 12:15 PM
Some Guy It's got everyone talking TO...

27th September 2006 12:18 PM
Nellcote Another chapter in an extremely troubled player's history.
I can see Parcells telling Jones he predicted this as I type this. Now, only Terry Glenn remains as the go to "she" on that team, and he's not looking too bad...
27th September 2006 12:30 PM
Sir Stonesalot My momma said that if I can't say something good about a someone, then don't say anything at all.

So I'm not gonna say anything about Terrell Owens.

At one point last year, a major sporting goods chain ran a promo. They were selling $400.00 T.O. #81 Eagles game jerseys for $8.10. And they were having a hard time selling them. In fact, I think they still have some available.

I imagine it's much the same in SF.

And it's only a matter of time before it's that way in Dallas too.
27th September 2006 12:33 PM
Saint Sway I was in Dallas this summer and I went into a few different stores to pick up jerseys for my brother. I asked if the TO jerseys were selling. Everyplace said "not at all"

and this was before the whole pre-season spectacle/dibacle
27th September 2006 12:39 PM
Some Guy so maybe this can garner the man some sympathy and get back on everyones good side. Come back from the broken hand with a bust out game for Dallas, lead them to the Super Bowl. Only in America.
27th September 2006 01:18 PM
glencar 2 pills? Was this at all serious? Don't you need at least a handful? TO is a loon.
27th September 2006 01:23 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
2 pills? Was this at all serious? Don't you need at least a handful? TO is a loon.

I thought he too the whole bottle..2 pills is nothing..I take 4-5 a day for chronic pain.
27th September 2006 01:25 PM
glencar Really man!
27th September 2006 01:59 PM
Ten Thousand Motels T.O.'s Rep: Owens Did Not Try To Kill Himself

POSTED: 12:38 am EDT September 27, 2006
UPDATED: 1:29 pm EDT September 27, 2006

DALLAS -- Did he or didn't he?

According to Terrell Owens' spokeswoman Kim Etheridge, the Dallas Cowboys wide receiver did not attempt suicide.
http://www.nbc6.net/sports/9941645/detail.html
27th September 2006 02:03 PM
Poplar
quote:
Altamont wrote:
Police are now reporting that Owens attempted suicide after hearing Dirty Work in it's entirety.

That's post'n my friends.
27th September 2006 02:24 PM
nankerphelge SS wrote:

"I imagine it's much the same in SF.

And it's only a matter of time before it's that way in Dallas too."

------
So true.
Some people are just their own worst enemy!

27th September 2006 02:27 PM
Some Guy You see he didn't try to kill his self, he is trying to kill the Cowboys.
27th September 2006 02:49 PM
jostorm Could the reason for his suicide attempt be the fact that he suddenly realised that only sissies need so much defensive gear to play a ball game????
Will the rest of America's players follow suit????
Is this the beginning of a brand-new dawn?????
Will America be destined to watch proper European football
from now on???
27th September 2006 02:51 PM
Some Guy
quote:
jostorm wrote:
Could the reason for his suicide attempt be the fact that he suddenly realised that only sissies need so much defensive gear to play a ball game????
Will the rest of America's players follow suit????
Is this the beginning of a brand-new dawn?????
Will America be destined to watch proper European football
from now on???

Negrodamus predicts no.
27th September 2006 03:06 PM
jostorm And who's that? Nostradamus's black cousin?
27th September 2006 03:31 PM
nanatod Paul Muni, on Dave Chapelle's show.

And you must check out Chapelle's "racial draft" sketch. It may be the funniest thing I've ever seen.
27th September 2006 03:36 PM
Throwaway http://youtube.com/watch?v=hG6Nh-Tf9_w
27th September 2006 03:43 PM
pdog Eating too many pain killers, easy to do when you're already on them. I never liked him, but stil lwish him all the best in life!
27th September 2006 04:01 PM
jostorm That REALLY was very funny, thank you both! And to my utter surprise, Americans ARE capable of intelligent, politically incorrect, hilarious, dead-pan comedy . I didn't know half the people portrayed, but it was still extremely funny!
So, now I'm going to stuff that in my pipe and smoke it...

Good night!
27th September 2006 05:00 PM
sirmoonie What a friggin' pansy ass lightweight. I knew that guy was all talk, he can't party for jack!
27th September 2006 05:05 PM
glencar
quote:
nanatod wrote:
Paul Muni, on Dave Chapelle's show.

And you must check out Chapelle's "racial draft" sketch. It may be the funniest thing I've ever seen.

Paul Muni was an actor from the 30's. A jew. Did you mean Paul Mooney, that light skinned(i.e. high yeller) guy who is sometimes riotously hilarious?
27th September 2006 05:24 PM
nanatod Yes. I cann't spell.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)